TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I hardly consider coasters like the "SC"s wild mouse coasters. They are spinning coasters on a small scale, but don't really have too much in common with an average mouse.

If these DK coasters were compact spinning coasters, then I would be a lot more impresed with Shapiro's decision.

^ Ha! If SF can throw out enough money to make it even look REMOTELY as good as Spiderman does, I would be super impressed. I seriously doubt the themeing is going to be on that high of scale. However, I do hope it is at least mediocre and is not just a giant shed with some random lights and glow in the dark paint in it. If my trip happens next year, at least it's one more credit I'll be adding to my list!

---Brent

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.coastercrew.com

Deja Vu being removed from Six Flags Great America

The Deja Vu roller coaster at Six Flags Great America ran for its final time on October 28th. The sign below hung in the operator booth all day and the rides removal was confirmed to the enthusiasts that got the after hours last rides on the coaster.

normal_imgp1054.jpg.e307c19cf7fba40be6ab449d3a61e76f.jpg

http://www.coastercrew.com

I was at the park Saturday night and while looking at Theater Royale and S:UF, I couldn't quite picture where exactly the new Dark Knight coaster will be. But with the sudden depature of Vu, I have been told (by someone who worked at the park this past season) that the Dark Knight coaster will be put where Vu once stood. I find this hard to believe because the coaster will not fit the theme of the area. I think we're just going to have to wait and see what happens during the off season. Frankly I could care less where they put it, its a coaster and another credit for me to obtain.

Well, I have gotten to know the ride very well with riding over 300 times in four years. The ride was sold to some company overseas, from what I heard, and they are there today to get it. The ride will be dismantled and shipped within the next few weeks. It should be all gone by the beginning of December. As of now, there is nothing planned for the space for 2008. It will basically be a frolic field.

Vu held its last public ride on October 28th just after 9:45pm. It was filled with enthusiasts and we managed row 1B for its final public appearance before the ACE event. Then the ACE final rides began afterwards with 3 trains in total being sent. We managed the last two rides in row 3B, in what I would like to have called my seat as that is probably the seat I have ridden over 70 times. The final ride of Vu for the ACE event occurred right at 10:00pm and was said to have been run in manual mode with the full time there catching the train themselves, and successfully so.

The park will look rather bland now since they just lost the green and blue lawn ornament that would just sit there for days upon days trying to work correctly. They finally got the ride working to its full potential this year with very minimal downtimes when it had the staffing to open. To that, enjoy your new life at a new park and hope they have the treatment they gave you at SFGAm.

You might be a god among men. How on earth do you pull off 300 rides in four years? I've pulled off three rides in six years.

Or he's full of poo poo.

Anybody think Deja Vu could be what Indiana Beach is refering to in their blog... it is steel, and is a shuttle...

Most likely way off, just thought I would throw it out there.

No way. Think much smaller, and not a credit.