TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I think we all think that it is weird that they are putting in another mouse. However when you stop to think about it they are going to be completely different leagues.

1. This is an indoor themed mouse

2. It IS NOT a spinning mouse.

If you just think about those two differences you can see that they can coexist in the same park. Personally I think the ball is in Six Flags' hand. It all depends on how well they theme it. They have the Opportunity to set this attraction apart from everything they have done up to this point. They have the ability to invest the money and theme it to the disney point. It would be great to see it happen. Or laugh at them when they don't take it far enough.

Great points, which is why Disney can get away with 3 or 4 sit down coasters in one park, it's the theming that makes the experience completely different. Does the GP care that Disneys all are basically the same kind of sit down family coasters, obviously not.

I don't know what's dumber:

-SFGAm getting its 2nd wild mouse in a row

-Shapiro is Half-Assedly trying to pass off wild mouse rollercoasters as an exciting new thrill ride

-SFNE will have two rollercoasters called "The Dark Knight"

Where are they gonna put this one?

^ Batman The Dark Knight got renamed Batman The Ride.

I just think it'll be a bit confusing for some guests come next season. 'Cause I know most people find "Batman" and "Dark Knight" interchangeable. Wonder if people will get them mixed up. They'll probably just call it "the purple looping one" and the other one "the Space Mountain one."

I don't know what's dumber:

-SFGAm getting its 2nd wild mouse in a row

-Shapiro is Half-Assedly trying to pass off wild mouse rollercoasters as an exciting new thrill ride

-SFNE will have two rollercoasters called "The Dark Knight"

Where are they gonna put this one?

I vote for you Always complaining about SF. The park is still in massive debt, yet he has figured out how to give most of the chain something new to promote for 2008. He has constantly said he wants a more family approach so how are these rides not perfect for that image. Also with a new Batman movie coming out it keeps the corporate sponsors happy. I for one am excited the SFGAM is getting a new ride. with the coaster lineup they have, there is no problem getting another small family coaster.

Rich "If the theming delivers who freaking cares about two mice" Bitner

Wait, is this the "Let's criticize Six Flags" thread?

Yes this will be the parks second mouse, but they will have completley different experiences. Ragin Cajun is outdoors, and the gimmick it has is that it spins. Dark Knight will be indoors, and will probably have various special effevts. While I thought it would have a layout like the mouse at Kentucky Kingdom, this still has the ability to be better than most mice if the theme and effects are done correctly.

Airtime-although a psycho mouse like Wild Chipmunk would be great too..with or without being indoors-&Gravity

^ You bring up a good point, my friend.

^^Calm down--I just like giving SF a hrad time. Its what I do.

I always enjoy the "calm down" line from people like I am sitting at home getting worked into a fury over some coaster website.

It's not the giving SF a hard time thing that is annoying it is the lack of facts when you do it. In another thread you criticize SF for having to many chains inside their park. Yet CP has Fridays, Famous Daves, Johhny rockets, Chick Fil A, Starbucks, Ben and Jerrys, Panda Express, Macaroni's and a Pizza Hut express at Breakers. That seems like quite a few chains, or at least enough that you shouldn't criticize another park for doing the same thing.

^ You bring up a good point, my friend.

^^Calm down--I just like giving SF a hrad time. Its what I do.

I always enjoy the "calm down" line from people like I am sitting at home getting worked into a fury over some coaster website.

It's not the giving SF a hard time thing that is annoying it is the lack of facts when you do it. In another thread you criticize SF for having to many chains inside their park. Yet CP has Fridays, Famous Daves, Johhny rockets, Chick Fil A, Starbucks, Ben and Jerrys, Panda Express, Macaroni's and a Pizza Hut express at Breakers. That seems like quite a few chains, or at least enough that you shouldn't criticize another park for doing the same thing.

CF does have a lot of chains, but I disnticly remeber all of the CF parks having more independent vendors that SF parks, between the 4 of each I've been to. It's just my opinion, and things may have changed since my last visits to any of these parks.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to enclose rajin cajin?

The building already has a facade. Just change the car types and theme the inside to batman. Plus, since it would be across from Batman: The Ride, the whole thing would make more sense. (The line entrance could be moved to the other side.)

But no. Instead. Six Flag's Management wants the whole double dealy.

^Of course, but I'm sure this new wild mouse will be much less painful than Ragin' Cajun. I've hurt my back a handful of times on a stupid bunny hop at the end. Also, they want it because the GP won't realize it's practically the same ride but indoors, but they can count it as a whole extra coaster.

I for one am not impressed with SFGA's Dark Knight coaster. The rumor is that they will recieve a B&M Dive Machine for '09 which I applaud, but in the meantime, I would've rather them spent the money on new stuff for Hurricane Harbor than to add a 2nd Wild Mouse. Yes, I'll stand in a painfully long line to ride it anyway, just to say I did, but really, I think once will be enough. Hopefully I'll be surprised, but we shall see.

From what I've heard (probably the wrong thread for this, but since I am on the subject of SFGAM) Deja Vu still has at least one more year to operate but not Splashwater Falls.

I do not support the theory of removing Slpashwater and Deja Vu, but that would make a perfect spot for a Dive Machine. I would hate to see our Vu go, so I'd have to say relocate the antique cars and relocate splashwater and put a dive machine there. That's just my opinion. But for now with Dark Knight, I hope they don't take down too many trees to build it. :/

A roller coaster on the scale of a B&M Dive Machine won't be going into Great America if Shapiro still stands by his word of cutting down on resources spent on capital spending.

SheiKra and Griffon were each in the ballpark of $15,000,000 USD.

For one SheiKra-sized Diving Machine for just one park, you could build two The Dark Knight coasters for two parks or two Evel Knievel woodies for two parks.

i know this is just speculation but i really would like to see it happen. Personaly i would like to see the speculated Dive Machine go in where the aging loggers run and Yankee clipper are. These are 2 basically identical attractions that take up a very sizable footprint. To be honest i haven't ridden either of these in at least 10 years. Not to mention if you look at Shiekra's footprint it is very simular to what these two attractions take up. Then again maybe this is just me hoping that they somehow save Deja Vu. Either way i think The dark knight coaster is will need to be seen to make a fair judgement on it and adding anything at this point is good. Especially not another kiddie area.

Here is my speculation:

I just visited the park yesterday and was kinda scoping out where the hell they are going to put this thing. If the roumors are true they are Keeping the theater. This is going to be very hard to do. If they do i would not be surprised if the exit to SUF is modified as well as removal of the gift shop. I think that putting the ride in the space should be no problem, but there is no space at all for a the line. From seeing the site in person i would not be surprised to see the theater gone next season.

Great America had better not remove Theatre Royale for this new "Dark Knight" coaster, as there is absolutely no need to. If you have seen the way Top Gun was built around - and over- Theatre Royale at the Santa Clara park, an enclosed mouse should have no problem fitting in. Remember there is land on each side of the service road. The reason they are putting this ride in is because attendance was way down this year, and this is likely a stopgap measure to bring people back. The theme park has been allowed to languish for three years now. Hurricane Harbor should not be forgotten, but I believe there will be more additions there down the line, and there is room for that if the go-karts and Space Shuttle America are removed, which both need to be. A B&M dive machine would be cool, but I would rather see a twisted Intamin coaster like an extended Maverick. Leave the theaters alone - they are an integral part of the Marriott legacy, and some of the finest theaters in any park, anywhere.

Here is my speculation:

I just visited the park yesterday and was kinda scoping out where the hell they are going to put this thing. If the roumors are true they are Keeping the theater. This is going to be very hard to do. If they do i would not be surprised if the exit to SUF is modified as well as removal of the gift shop. I think that putting the ride in the space should be no problem, but there is no space at all for a the line. From seeing the site in person i would not be surprised to see the theater gone next season.

You never know, they might just build the whole ride above the Queue line, since it's going to be themed to the streets of Gotham City.