TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^ I've heard some mixed reviews in the years since, but I really enjoyed my two days at the park back in 2013. Goliath and now this provide two pretty convincing reasons to return to the park.

And yes, Chi-Town FTW.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love the diversity of coasters at this park. Pre-drop, old, new, wood, steel, weird, unique, best-clones, launched, tall, family friendly... they've covered all the bases. All of the coasters range from good to great, imo.

The recent additions + recent positive reviews of the park will have me signing up for a pass next year.

I like it! I was not expecting a new coaster at this park so this is a nice surprise. I usually visit this park anyway every year since it is close but now I am looking forward to next year's visit with a lot more excitement. Hopefully the winter is not too bad and does not cause any construction delays in opening like they had with Goliath.

I'm really pumped for this new coaster! Even though it's my home park, I haven't spent much time at Great America the last few years; however, Maxx Force will definitely get me back there a few times next season. Happy for the park.

yeah, it's my hometown park as well, but I haven't there very often, unfortunately.

Having Cedar Point (relatively) close is a competitive challenge.

But SFGAm's coaster collection is pretty solid, and getting better.

I'm really pumped for this new coaster! Even though it's my home park, I haven't spent much time at Great America the last few years; however, Maxx Force will definitely get me back there a few times next season. Happy for the park.

yeah, it's my hometown park as well, but I haven't there very often, unfortunately.

They do have a solid line-up with Goliath, Raging Bull, Batman, and so forth. But, like you mentioned, I find myself making the drive to Cedar Point, King's Island, and even Holiday World more often than Six Flags.

Good, good... keep thinking we only eat deep dish while we hide away from the crowds at the good pizza places..

The best of the best is not far from Wrigley Field - Michael's

Amen to that. The real slice of pizza bliss in Chicago is it's tavern/pub style at places like Vito and Nick's and Aurelio's. Chicago pizza is way more than Giordano's (which is not even close to the best deep dish around and really just overhyped and commercial!). I personally like Pequod's. And every time somebody makes the overrated comment about Chicago pizza and I ask them what they had, their reply is almost always Giordano's!

Edited by Intaman

Good, good... keep thinking we only eat deep dish while we hide away from the crowds at the good pizza places..

Amen to that. The real slice of pizza bliss in Chicago is it's tavern/pub style at places like Vito and Nick's and Aurelio's. Chicago pizza is way more than Giordano's (which is not even close to the best deep dish around and really just overhyped and commercial!). I personally like Pequod's.

I won't devolve this into a Chicago pizza discussion (but I will say Bricks and Craft Pizza are good too -- like MyPie a little more deep dish than Pequod's, just cause Pequod's crust has too much cornmeal or something(?) on it, for me at least).

Oh awesome, thanks for sharing that list. Home Run Inn is awesome...haven't tried any of the others on that list, but will when I get up to the city for Maxx Force.

Chicago pizza is way more than Giordano's (which is not even close to the best deep dish around and really just overhyped and commercial!).

Yuuuuup. Giordano's was the first Chicago pizza I had when I was a kid, and it's like saying you had a steak when you really ate at Applebee's.

Interesting year so far. Of the major coasters announced most of them are less common then we have seen in the past. No Vekoma, Intamin, and RMC yet. But 3 S&S, a premier and one B&M dive. Am i missing any ?

They do have a solid line-up with Goliath, Raging Bull, Batman, and so forth. But, like you mentioned, I find myself making the drive to Cedar Point, King's Island, and even Holiday World more often than Six Flags.

It is with great shame that I write that I have never been to Holiday World, despite living in Chicago for 17 years . . . .

Interesting year so far. Of the major coasters announced most of them are less common then we have seen in the past. No Vekoma, Intamin, and RMC yet. But 3 S&S, a premier and one B&M dive. Am i missing any ?

Yes, the Mack for Carowinds.

But, yeah, a few less familiar faces, doing less familiar rides (for the US).

I like it. I like the change, and some of the rides look pretty unique.

Of course, I do protest that lack of RMCs. There can never be enough of those.

Universal is building an Intamin, no?

Universal is building an Intamin, no?

Yep. I forgot about the Intamin at Universal and the Vekoma at Dollywood. I guess those slipped my mind. Regardless its nice to see some new Manufactures doing some new stuff stateside