TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Looks fantastic. SFGAm was already high on my list, this definitely bumped it up a little.

Soooo... do we know its S&S? Bill and I convinced ourselves it might be an Intamin when the video leaked last night... lol. S&S? Premier? The SFMM looks to be Premier?

And Six Flags Great America moved up to the top of my 2019 list for Memorial Day, assuming Maxx Force is open by then. I never took the chance to ride HyperSonic XLC (was still afraid of coasters at the time), so this is my chance to experience the full power of the S&S pneumatic launch in the US.

Now how do I get to the park? I could play it safe and fly into Chicago. If the weather isn't too good, I'll spend the day in the city, just like I did with my Toronto / Canada's Wonderland trip this year. Or, I could take a chance on weather, and fly into Milwaukee so I can take the ferry to Muskegon and hit Michigan's Adventure while I'm at it.

Edited by SLCHeadache

Love the little bunny hill right after the launch, and the uniqueness of the layout looks great.

I also love that it appears to only have lap bars and the cars look cool.

The only "negative" comment is that it appears to be quite short, although it looks like it packs a lot in (not Dragster short, but as compared to the China S&S launchers, but let's see when the stats come out). But so is Storm Runner, and that ride is awesome.

great placement in the park.

Looks like S&S to me.

Looks fantastic. SFGAm was already high on my list, this definitely bumped it up a little.

Soooo... do we know its S&S? Bill and I convinced ourselves it might be an Intamin when the video leaked last night... lol. S&S? Premier? The SFMM looks to be Premier?

Seems to be S&S, the catch car used to grab the train looks just like the one on the Chinese S&S coasters. That along with a a compressed air launch which S&S is all about using their compressed air.

Agreed that it's definitely an S&S. Air-powered launch and the train design are giveaways. S&S is also using a similar track style to Premier now, they're using it for Steel Curtain as well.

EDIT: Someone's Instagram post...

Wow, this looks great. Was already planning my first trip to SFGAm next summer, this is going to make it even better! I really like what SF is adding across the chain this year.

“The new Maxx Force coaster is in a class all by itself, launching riders from 0 to 78 miles per hour in under two seconds. No other coaster in the country accelerates at that blistering speed.”

I guess this is as close to Dodonpa as we'll ever get in the US! I'll take it.

“The new Maxx Force coaster is in a class all by itself, launching riders from 0 to 78 miles per hour in under two seconds. No other coaster in the country accelerates at that blistering speed.”

I guess this is as close to Dodonpa as we'll ever get in the US! I'll take it.

My thoughts exactly. This thing looks crazy fun!

While the clues did sort of point to a coaster, I'm surprised it actually is a coaster and not a water park expansion. However, I think it looks awesome and I'm super excited. Looking forward to watching this thing go up.

Man I can't believe this is our third straight year receiving a coaster. I'll be there for opening day of Maxx Force for sure. After this I really hope the park focuses is on adding/replacing the flat rides. I don't think we're going to need another coaster for a while.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4