TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Only restriction currently I can think of is you are only allowed 2 rides per day on Joker. Joker is only available on platinum as well. I'd wait to see if you need the flash pass though. I went yesterday arriving at 10:45 and had ridden all major coasters by 3PM. The park was empty which is surprising because yesterday was a beautiful although hot day. Only lines were 15 mins for Joker and Goliath. The water park seemed to be empty too. I saw on a couple slide complexes with very short lines. Most were walk straight to the top of complex.

Awesome -- thanks for the info. I'll hold off until I get to the park to make that decision if that does end up being the case. I'm not terribly worried about Joker in any case as I've hit the ones at Great Adventure and New England already, I'm more interested in riding the unique ones that are there. Thanks again!

As long as you're there by opening you should be ok as most people head straight to Joker leaving the rest of the rides open. We hit up Joker and then went to Goliath and the park was empty back there and the line was at the bottom of the stairs to the station. At this point it was already a hour after opening. If you do get the flash pass just get the gold one then and take as much time as you can.

A lot of people hate this park because of lines and operations but I can honestly say every time I've been there this season it has not been busy at all or everyone has been in the water park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick note to my fellow SFGAmerica home towners... after spending 2 days at SFMM (my first visit since 1999) - as awesome as some of the rides are and as incredible as the setting, I still think we have the best park in the chain with Great America. If my home park has to be a Six Flags (which it does for now), I'm glad it's Great America.

Most well-rounded coaster collection and best operations (but our operations are still horrible).

Just a quick note to my fellow SFGAmerica home towners... after spending 2 days at SFMM (my first visit since 1999) - as awesome as some of the rides are and as incredible as the setting, I still think we have the best park in the chain with Great America. If my home park has to be a Six Flags (which it does for now), I'm glad it's Great America.

Most well-rounded coaster collection and best operations (but our operations are still horrible).

LOL..Your delusion is noted that SFGAm is the best..far behind SFMM and GAdv, not even 3rd best. Better rounded line up than SFMM is .pure insanity.

Edited by eltoro

Great America is more well-rounded. Where are the flat rides at MM and GAdv?

Actually, if I read the counts right, GAdv and GAm both have the same amount of non-coaster/water rides (35). MM has only 21.

Having GAdv as my homepark, and having visited GAm back in 2006, I'd say both parks are pretty even. GAm is a much more cohesive, prettier park with an exceptional lineup. The thing is that the big 3 of GAdv is incredibly hard to beat, along with having something as unique as SORA. Either way, GAm is an awesome park that I'm sure is much better now with an RMC.

When was the last time you were at Great Adventure? You should probably go back.

Last time was 2006. Sure, I'd like to go back eventually. But no rush, there is nothing there I'm particularly interested in. Except the sky rides

Well - he did say "I Still Think" which is his opinion and perfectly valid.

even though he is crazy since SFoG is the best - Mindbender

^Well... you know how I feel about Mind Bender. It's still my #3 overall, wood or steel! Whizzer is still in my top 10... and Revolution is back in my top 10 (even though the seats and insides of those cars are a hot mess, just grateful to be riding with lap bars!)

Great America is more well-rounded. Where are the flat rides at GAdv?

Not even counting the kiddie rides...

SORA

JL:BFM

Zumanjaro

Sky Screamer

Houdini

Twister

El Diablo

Saw Mill Log Flume

Congo Rapids

Dare Devil Dive

Slingshot

Big Wheel

Swashbuckler

Buccaneer

Great Adv is a very well-rounded park.

Great America is more well-rounded. Where are the flat rides at GAdv?

Not even counting the kiddie rides...

SORA

JL:BFM

Zumanjaro

Sky Screamer

Houdini

Twister

El Diablo

Saw Mill Log Flume

Congo Rapids

Dare Devil Dive

Slingshot

Big Wheel

Swashbuckler

Buccaneer

Great Adv is a very well-rounded park.

Please tell me you just forgot about the parachute ride and it's still operating.

^Nope, we never had one at Great America. But we did have lots of other cool stuff (now defunct) including an Intamin "triple wheel" and 2 skyrides (that crossed over each other and a ton of rides).

I just ride Justice League twice and had problems in multiple rooms. In the first screen where you encounter Lex, it is blurry and you can see the henchmen. At the screen where street you cover for Cyborg when Lex appears and uses his plasma blaster, there are no lex bots to shoot. The next screen was also bold blank. Finally the last screen was again blurry and it was difficult to spot henchmen. Yet somehow died 203,000 on my first gsme and then my highest ever set 278,600. Very odd.

Operations at JBs Smoke House are a hot mess.

Operations at JBs Smoke House are a hot mess.

If you can avoid eating - or drinking anything - at the park, it might be a better day. Unless you are a local who knows all the in and outs, trying to get half-way decent service at a SF park is near impossible.

I was at SF Magic Mountain for 2 days last week, and aside from buying 2 cokes (out of desperation; at the back of the park at the end of the day) I did not eat while inside the park. I mean.. it's not even a matter of the price (which is always obnoxious), it's a matter of trying to get served in less than 30 minutes.

"We are understaffed, sorry."

"We're out of Coke, sorry."

"We're out of ice, sorry. It's cuz it's so hot out today."

Year after year after year. I just do my best to avoid it.

Sorry to hear that, Larry. It seems that food operations at SFGAm seem to be consistently poor.

At least now I understand why some might snicker if I recommend JBs Smokehouse at SFNE. Complete night and day experiences.