TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

2 more pictures, courtesy of user "SFGAM_Hog" over at SFGAmWorld.com (Shared with permission)

d83a5f74cdfdd2579d0cdc754f7bb040.jpg

View from the employee parking lot

2ab8f40d18f413085b74297f0fa1199f.jpg

Jester' s Wild Ride sitting in the parking lot

Looks like construction is moving along nicely. I wonder if they're getting ready to ship JWR to another park.

EDIT:

If anyone's interested, SFGAm posted their Snapchat update on Twitter:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. If Jesters does get relocated my guess would be SFA. I mean where else would they relocate Jesters.

Great Escape

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Six Flags Mexico

Or it's going in Storage and will probably return with a DC Superfriends Land (My personal wish to replace Camp Cartoon)

It's almost done

From the Chicago Tribune:'

Set to open Memorial Day weekend.

Interestingly, the rumor about V2's removal was mentioned in the article. However, Tess only said they were no plans to make changes to the ride as is, she never said it wouldn't be removed. Also the park debunked the rumors of Iron Wolf's removal 2 weeks before posting that it would indeed be removed. I'm not saying that it isn't going to stay, but I'm not sure I'd take their word.

Also, a few pictures were posted here (Scroll down) showing Orbit and Jester's Wild Ride sitting in the parking lot

It's almost done

From the Chicago Tribune:'

Set to open Memorial Day weekend.

Interestingly, the rumor about V2's removal was mentioned in the article. However, Tess only said they were no plans to make changes to the ride as is, she never said it wouldn't be removed. Also the park debunked the rumors of Iron Wolf's removal 2 weeks before posting that it would indeed be removed. I'm not saying that it isn't going to stay, but I'm not sure I'd take their word.

Also, a few pictures were posted here (Scroll down) showing Orbit and Jester's Wild Ride sitting in the parking lot

Wow!! It's going up pretty fast.

Hey everyone,

Planning a trip to Chicago at the end of June. What public transportation choices do we have from Downtown Chicago? also, is Uber a viable choice? I have a Gold Season Pass to SFGAdv so I may look into ZipCar as well... Any guidance is appreciated!

Post on here a week or 2 before your trip here, and maybe a local could give you a ride. It's fun meeting other coaster nerds. And sometimes strange, too...