TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

For anyone who hasn't heard:

-Opening day will be April 29th and closing day November 5th

-Cold Stone Creamery is moving from the food court to a new undisclosed location

-The food court location is becoming Macho Nacho

-Pizza Express in the food court will be expanding

-Angelo's will be getting a facelift and a potential name change

-New Partnership with ICEE

-A food event has been talked about

-There are no plans to "Blue Hawk" Demon

-No information on changes to the Dining Pass so far

-VR will be returning but it has not been announced where

-Corp. wanted to give us a Larson Superloop in King Chao's spot for 2017 but Hank disapproved (Hopefully this means we still have a chance at one)

-No plans for HITP

-Joker is planned to have a T-Shirt opening on May 25th, Season Pass Day May 26th, and official opening May 27th

^If they did add a Larson Loop you think they'd flaunt it around as a new coaster? Since they are getting the Joker i can imagine them bragging "2 NEW COASTERS FOR 2017 SEASON!!!" Look I have nothing against Loops heck they are one of my favorite carnival flat rides but to call it a coaster is kind of tacky/cheap...I know its nothing to make a big deal but imagine going there expecting two new coasters and only one being a carnie ride....So they pretty much roped you in! Kind of snake-ish. Then again I guess thats how most of the business world is like anyways. Also they are no where as fun as real roller coasters! Rides like the Superloop would be more of a coaster substitute kind of like carob is a chocolate substitute. lol.

I'm glad there are no plan to give Demon the Blue Hawk treatment. There's no reason to do it because Demon is fine the way it is. As for the VR returning, my guess is it stay on Demon or maybe gets moved to Superman. I'll be there opening day(for the first time) for sure and closing day. I'm also planning on going to season pass day for Joker.

Most likely yeah, they probably would advertise it as a coaster. But does it really matter? Joker + a "Coaster" would have brought us up to "16" coasters, which is pretty impressive to the general public. In fact, I think that'd be the third most in a park.

Really the only people who care are us enthusiasts. No, Superloops are not actually coasters, we know that. But I don't know a single person who would stop going to a park because they advertised a Superloop as a coaster.

I'm not saying people would stop coming just that some people might get tricked into thinking there would be 16 actual literal coasters. However really its not the worse misnaming thing. I seen people who knew diddly squat about amusement parks who called ALL rides "coasters". Like the youtuber H3H3 when he mentioned that lady and her odd obsession with the magic carpet ride at knoebels he kept calling it a roller coaster! I was double cringing. For the odd lady and for the youtuber himself who didn't know what a roller coaster was apparently! His wife kept calling it a coaster too! Not all rides are coasters..... In their case merry-go-rounds are coasters! Heck your grandma's power scooter is a coaster! Strap on a pair of skates and you can be your own roller coaster!! Imagine if a bunch of hard core coaster enthusiasts stormed his comment section..... Probably wouldnt be pretty.....

I'm not saying people would stop coming just that some people might get tricked into thinking there would be 16 actual literal coasters. However really its not the worse misnaming thing. I seen people who knew diddly squat about amusement parks who called ALL rides "coasters". Like the youtuber H3H3 when he mentioned that lady and her odd obsession with the magic carpet ride at knoebels he kept calling it a roller coaster! I was double cringing. For the odd lady and for the youtuber himself who didn't know what a roller coaster was apparently! His wife kept calling it a coaster too! Not all rides are coasters..... In their case merry-go-rounds are coasters! Heck your grandma's power scooter is a coaster! Strap on a pair of skates and you can be your own roller coaster!! Imagine if a bunch of hard core coaster enthusiasts stormed his comment section..... Probably wouldnt be pretty.....

Just gonna go out and say the reason I cringed wasn't the mislabeling of the ride, but the woman's desire to have intimate, sexual relations with the ride. I can't cringe harder.

Just gonna go out and say the reason I cringed wasn't the mislabeling of the ride, but the woman's desire to have intimate, sexual relations with the ride. I can't cringe harder.

Well both made me cringe. I seen the documentary itself and some of her lines makes you want to roll up in a ball and hide. I heard somewhere those lines she said weren't suppose to be in the program but they never edit it out because they thought it would make the story juicier. She was so ashamed of that how ordeal she pretty much dropped off the face of the earth. Of course it makes me wonder why she decided to make a documentary about her strange obsession in the FIRST place!

Enthusiasts are complaining because they see it as false advertising--which is illegal in some markets. Then again, there are some that don't consider Intamin Impulses (V2, Wicked Twister) as coasters because they aren't complete circuit. I needed stitches from how hard my jaw hit the ground in pure amazement at their stupidity.

Just to recap, we're complaining about the hypothetical marketing strategy that the park might have for a ride that doesn't exist but might exist at some point down the line even though we have no reason to believe that it will because the hypothetical marketing strategy for the hypothetical ride might be "illegal" in some markets.

Did I get all that?

Just to recap, we're complaining about the hypothetical marketing strategy that the park might have for a ride that doesn't exist but might exist at some point down the line even though we have no reason to believe that it will because the hypothetical marketing strategy for the hypothetical ride might be "illegal" in some markets.

Did I get all that?

Welcome to SFGAm!

P.S. I was serious about a food service employee ruining my life by calling my drink "soda" instead of "pop"...

-Corp. wanted to give us a Larson Superloop in King Chao's spot for 2017 but Hank disapproved (Hopefully this means we still have a chance at one)

Why the heck would you be hoping for that worthless piece of junk? It's literally the last flat ride anyone should want. The 5 SF Parks that didn't get them should be grateful. If SF wants that genre of ride, the Skywarp revealed at IAAPA is what they should get and it's only 2M

Why the heck would you be hoping for that worthless piece of junk? It's literally the last flat ride anyone should want. The 5 SF Parks that didn't get them should be grateful. If SF wants that genre of ride, the Skywarp revealed at IAAPA is what they should get and it's only 2M

Did you call Six Flags corporate and let them know that?

:lol: This dude's a troll. Just let it go.

Right, facts = troll to people like you. Go complain some more about X2 b/c you're soft.

And let's look at the facts posted earlier:

-5 SF parks do not have Superloops

- Skywarp was revealed at IAAPA and costs $2m

BRILLIANT!

P.S. Have you called Six Flags corporate with your "facts"? I don't think they are aware. I'm sure they will compensate you greatly for your insight!

:lol: This dude's a troll. Just let it go.

Right, facts = troll to people like you. Go complain some more about X2 b/c you're soft.

And let's look at the facts posted earlier:

-5 SF parks do not have Superloops

- Skywarp was revealed at IAAPA and costs $2m

BRILLIANT!

P.S. Have you called Six Flags corporate with your "facts"? I don't think they are aware. I'm sure they will compensate you greatly for your insight!

SF depends on people so ill informed on rides that are hoping for a 1970's era carnival ride.