TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

However, speaking from experience (as a victim, not a perp), those things are a neon sign saying "Steal Me!"

I stick a big piece of gum to the top of my bottle so no one will want to steal it.

Ewww who would want to steal someone else's bottle anyways?? People who steal the bottles are just getting someone else's germs...I mean you could wash them in the bathroom but you can do that only so well...but then again thats just me. Are people honestly THAT cheap?? Yikes.....

I've used my bottle for two seasons and given little thought about it getting stolen. I do make my bottle look ratty by half-assedly ripping off the label for ID purposes. Also chew the heck out of the straw. I figure it's easy to ID in the stand by looks in case I forget a number. Also, it just doesn't look "clean". Figure that keeps most Billy Badasses away...

So, I'm coming on Saturday to get my Membership processed, and I just wanted to be sure of how it'll work... We can use the vouchers to get free parking, but then we need to go to the Pass Processing place first to get our Memberships processed, right? I'm assuming that will need to happen before we enter the park. With this in mind, does the Processing Center open at all earlier than the gates? Or the same time? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

On another note, given the BAFF weekend, a nice weather forecast, and it being the last Saturday it's open, I should expect the park to be absolutely packed that day, correct? I'm bound and determined to get on Goliath, as it's the only coaster there I haven't ridden yet, but I'm expecting 1-2 hours waits most likely, right? Just wanting to get my expectations properly set, so if they don't end up being so bad, it'll be a bonus!

^Thanks for such a helpful response!

Obviously, coming from a distance, my availability to just "pop in" is limited. Additionally, if longer waits are the cost for being able to bring my son for free, so be it... I'll at least have my son with me!

Sorry, I haven't had to do anything in-park with my membership since 2014 so I don't remember much haha

All I know is, it's much easier to have a membership, as you only have to go through all the processing crap once (I got mine in 2013, had something checked out in 2014 for some reason)

So, I'm coming on Saturday to get my Membership processed, and I just wanted to be sure of how it'll work... We can use the vouchers to get free parking, but then we need to go to the Pass Processing place first to get our Memberships processed, right? I'm assuming that will need to happen before we enter the park. With this in mind, does the Processing Center open at all earlier than the gates? Or the same time? Thanks in advance for the assistance!

On another note, given the BAFF weekend, a nice weather forecast, and it being the last Saturday it's open, I should expect the park to be absolutely packed that day, correct? I'm bound and determined to get on Goliath, as it's the only coaster there I haven't ridden yet, but I'm expecting 1-2 hours waits most likely, right? Just wanting to get my expectations properly set, so if they don't end up being so bad, it'll be a bonus!

It could be different since different parks but I just processed my membership at Great Adventute 3 weeks ago. They scanned our voucher at the toll booths no problem and when we got to the front gate there was a "redeem vouchers" line or something like that. We hopped in that line where they scanned our voucher, took our fingerprint, handed us our passes and we were good to go. It was a 7 second process and I was surprised that was all we had to do. We didn't have to go to the processing center at all.

Coupon books are now digital so that they can still list them as a Season Pass perk knowing full well that nobody will ever use any of them because they'll completely forget they exist.

They are digital b/c everything in society is becoming digital. Also, since they are always on your phone you always have them with you. Catch up to this century. Every business sends digital coupons.

They are digital b/c everything in society is becoming digital. Also, since they are always on your phone you always have them with you. Catch up to this century. Every business sends digital coupons.

They're digital because it's cheaper for them to make them digital and because they know damn well that far less people will use them when they're digital. I'm not complaining, it's actually really smart but I would guarantee that far less people use these digital coupons than used the paper ones. Out of sight, out of mind.

They're digital because it's cheaper for them to make them digital and because they know damn well that far less people will use them when they're digital. I'm not complaining, it's actually really smart but I would guarantee that far less people use these digital coupons than used the paper ones. Out of sight, out of mind.

The fact that it's always with on on your phone means you don't have to look for a book or remember to bring it, lose it, have it get tattered, etc... You have the SF app, which can get you into the park, your meals, etc... You're using the logic that applies to very old and not tech savvy people that making something digital, means they are less likely to use it. It's just the opposite for the people SF has as its core market.

Edited by eugjackson

I'm curious to know what percentage of passholders actually have the Six Flags app. Obviously we'll never be privy to this information, but it has to be far less than the 100% of people that were handed paper coupons while they were physically in the park already.

Again it's not that I'm complaining here, I don't care and this really DOES make far more sense... but I'd bet anything that a lower percentage of people use the coupons now than they used to.

I consider myself fairly tech savvy and do not have the Six Flags app. I would probably use the paper coupons more than I have digital, where the employees have told me (this is probably more of an SFA problem because SFA) that because I didn't have the printout summary of the digital coupons they couldn't verify the coupon actually existed.

So the digital coupons suck, actually.

I use mine much more because they are so easy to access, but that's just me. I don't think Six Flags moved to digital so people wouldn't utilize the offers. I think they moved to digital because it is more efficient and they don't have to hand out tons of booklets during processing (which is also all digital, efficient, and streamlined now).

I consider myself fairly tech savvy and do not have the Six Flags app. I would probably use the paper coupons more than I have digital, where the employees have told me (this is probably more of an SFA problem because SFA) that because I didn't have the printout summary of the digital coupons they couldn't verify the coupon actually existed.

So the digital coupons suck, actually.

They have worked fine for me. They just scan my pass and I use the coupon. I had one incident where the employee was confused so I just showed him the coupon on the app and he gave me my season cup. Then I went to another location and actually scanned for another cup for free haha.

The app is worth having/using. It has really made the Six Flags experience better (even though that isn't saying much)

It could be different since different parks but I just processed my membership at Great Adventute 3 weeks ago. They scanned our voucher at the toll booths no problem and when we got to the front gate there was a "redeem vouchers" line or something like that. We hopped in that line where they scanned our voucher, took our fingerprint, handed us our passes and we were good to go. It was a 7 second process and I was surprised that was all we had to do. We didn't have to go to the processing center at all.

The season pass processing line used to be the 7th layer of hell and I bought a membership and paid way more for it just to avoid it. 3-4 hour waits were typical. A few years ago they started with this new system which is honestly really awesome.

Thanks, guys, for the encouraging information! I'm looking forward to getting on my last coasters of the season tomorrow, even if the waits are long, and getting my second RMC under my belt as well!