TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

People will complain about any type of coaster.

If it's an S&S, B&M, GCI, Mack or anything besides an Intamin or an RMC then they'll complain that it's an Intamin or an RMC. If it is an Intamin or an RMC then they won't complain as much during construction but once the ride opens and has the slightest minor mechanical problem they'll complain about that and question them for not buying a B&M, S&S, GCI, Mack or anything besides an Intamin or RMC.

Dude, you are ON IT with your posts lately.

This is hilarious.

Six Flags Great America's Facebook page updated its cover photo with a CGI render of their Joker ride:

14206101_10153695097176356_6164089441794527431_o.jpg

In addition to giving us a bit of an idea where it will be, it also demonstrates some color variance from the Great Adventure version, whose supports are black. Either way looks good to me!

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!"

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

Does anyone know how many cars can be on the ride at one time? I know there are 5 cars holding 8 a piece, but was not sure how many can be actually up in the air at once.

Judging by a video of the Joker at SFGAdv, the next car begins going up the lift hill as soon as the previous car crests the hill. So you have 2 cars going at once, with 3 cars waiting on the bottom. Based on the times in the video, it looks like the cars are dispatched every 40-45 seconds. Using the 40 second dispatch time, that gives the coaster an hourly capacity of 720 riders, which is the capacity listed on the S&S website.

Thanks. I thought it was 2 judging by the video but was not sure.

Does anybody here have a Six Flags Membership, as opposed to a SF Season Pass? I am looking into getting one pretty seriously thanks to this Flash Sale, but want to make sure it is essentially the same as a Pass regarding benefits. After researching it a bit, it seems to be, but that almost seems too good to be true. Why would anybody want a Season Pass when they can get a Membership, and spread the payments out over an entire year? Thanks for any insight those who experience with Memberships vs. Season Passes can give me!

Does anybody here have a Six Flags Membership, as opposed to a SF Season Pass? I am looking into getting one pretty seriously thanks to this Flash Sale, but want to make sure it is essentially the same as a Pass regarding benefits. After researching it a bit, it seems to be, but that almost seems too good to be true. Why would anybody want a Season Pass when they can get a Membership, and spread the payments out over an entire year? Thanks for any insight those who experience with Memberships vs. Season Passes can give me!

I did a membership during last years flash pass sale and it's well worth it to be able to spread out the payments. Overall you pay just slightly more, but the price is locked. I had all of the same benefits (free parking, baf passes, etc.) and was able to add season dining to mine. There is a $20 security deposit to get the lower price, and you must stay locked in for 12 months, then it goes month to month and you can cancel any time after 12 months. Also any free upgrades you had (ex. free parking) stay with your membership until you cancel. I'm paying just under $6/month for mine (the prices this year are actually better than I got last year).

Hope this helps!

^Yeah, that does help! It seemed too good to be true! I'm already planning on going to SFGAm next year, as well as SFGAdv when I visit relatives in Jersey, and there's a chance I'll go to SFMM and SFDK when I visit my brother in Cali. So, for the cost of an additional trip out to SFGAm on either the 5th or 6th of November this year, I should make a killing next year! Thanks for the fast response!

(P.S. If you, or anybody else can answer: When I go to pick up the Membership in November of this year, will I have to pay for Parking? Or will they give you that money back? If they don't, am I able to simply get dropped off to pick it up, without paying the parking fee, and then double back around to actually use the Membership to park free? Thanks!

^Yeah, that does help! It seemed too good to be true! I'm already planning on going to SFGAm next year, as well as SFGAdv when I visit relatives in Jersey, and there's a chance I'll go to SFMM and SFDK when I visit my brother in Cali. So, for the cost of an additional trip out to SFGAm on either the 5th or 6th of November this year, I should make a killing next year! Thanks for the fast response!

(P.S. If you, or anybody else can answer: When I go to pick up the Membership in November of this year, will I have to pay for Parking? Or will they give you that money back? If they don't, am I able to simply get dropped off to pick it up, without paying the parking fee, and then double back around to actually use the Membership to park free? Thanks!

With a Season Pass, you can scan the barcode on your voucher for parking once... I'd imagine that a membership would work the same way. You'd have parking covered your first visit...

^ That would be funny.

It actually might get a new name once it relocates.

I'm putting a bet on Harley Quinn's Spinsanity

I can't see them putting the DC label on a fourth part of the park, especially not for just a flat ride. Spinsanity, though, is a solid guess. I especially wonder if ERC will get a paint job to go with it's new digs.

^Spinsanity would be a great name but I think their going to save that name for a future flat ride. I hope they rename it back to its original name, The Lobster. For those who don't know Joker will be part of Yankee Harbor and will run through Crawler's, Jesters and RC'd spot. The covered bridge that connected Yankee Harbor and Mardi Gras is being removed and a new path will be built through Picnic Grove and around Joker. Also a new overflow queue line will not have to be built because the park is going to make BTR's secondary overflow Jokers main queue line.

To give an idea of a great value.....

My total savings (Had I bought everything individually every day this season without my dining pass or membership) just by using my pass has come to $1689.30. This number includes prices I would have paid for online discounted tickets for every trip, parking, all meals, drink refills, and about $30 comes from the shopping pass 20% discount and $5 flash pass discounts for the few times I got a flash pass.

This was even without utilizing the dining pass to it's fullest as usually I only had a meal and a snack, or 2 meals, but almost never 2 meals and a snack (maybe 3 times the whole season this far).

Total I paid for all of 2016 for my membership and gold dining pass - $147.79 (This does not include the 3-4 times I got a flash pass). Total I came out ahead - $1,541.51

This covers a total of 20 trips this season so far (4 to SFStl where my pass was issued and 16 to SFGam).

Holy @#$% I've been busy!

So, I bought the Membership on the incredible Flash Sale, and am looking forward to visiting this park again, after a few years' absence! I am planning to go get my card, and process it on either November 5th or 6th, along with bringing my son to utilize the bring a friend free. So here's what I'm wondering... Which of those two days would be better to go? Typically, I'd say Sunday over Saturday, but Sunday IS the last operating day of the season, and it's open an hour less. Anybody who has gone that final weekend of operation previously know what crowds are typically like?

Also, I believe I saw in the GAdv thread, that if you show your voucher for the Membership to the Parking attendant, it's good to get you into Parking free. Is that the same here at GAm as well?

Last question: Is there any kind of early entry for Gold Passholders (or Membership-holders) at SFGAm? Or do you just enter with everybody else? Thanks to all for any assistance!

So, I bought the Membership on the incredible Flash Sale, and am looking forward to visiting this park again, after a few years' absence! I am planning to go get my card, and process it on either November 5th or 6th, along with bringing my son to utilize the bring a friend free. So here's what I'm wondering... Which of those two days would be better to go? Typically, I'd say Sunday over Saturday, but Sunday IS the last operating day of the season, and it's open an hour less. Anybody who has gone that final weekend of operation previously know what crowds are typically like?

Also, I believe I saw in the GAdv thread, that if you show your voucher for the Membership to the Parking attendant, it's good to get you into Parking free. Is that the same here at GAm as well?

Last question: Is there any kind of early entry for Gold Passholders (or Membership-holders) at SFGAm? Or do you just enter with everybody else? Thanks to all for any assistance!

- Parking should be covered by simply showing your voucher for the Membership. Same as with a pass.

- As far as I can see, the final weekend is going to be a crapshoot. Normally SFGAm is open till Halloween/Nov. 1 or 2. They've not done the full weekend AFTER Halloween in recent memory. I've seen people mention a "Last Blast" event from 2002 or so and comment how it was an empty park. Not much to gage on for this year however.

Normally Fright Fest is VERY crowded on Halloween weekend.

To the person who recommended Lou Malnati's pizza, you were on point. REALLY good. So thank you!

As for the park, I must say I was REALLY impressed and all expectations were exceeded (minus the cluster of trying to eat at chop six, and the flash pass stopped working after our first ride we had to exchange it). The woodies were a lot of fun, the metropolis ride left me thinking I wasn't at a six flags park, Goliath was just awesome, and none of the coasters disappointed whatsoever (though I DID skip demon). Glad i didn't attempt the park without a platinum flash pass it was definitely a life saver for that park I would have been frustrated without it. Very impressed and worth the long trip from Buffalo!

The CLEANEST park billboards everywhere, with no citation or source, lol... not so sure about that one...

Edited by anonymouscactus

- Parking should be covered by simply showing your voucher for the Membership. Same as with a pass.

- As far as I can see, the final weekend is going to be a crapshoot. Normally SFGAm is open till Halloween/Nov. 1 or 2. They've not done the full weekend AFTER Halloween in recent memory. I've seen people mention a "Last Blast" event from 2002 or so and comment how it was an empty park. Not much to gage on for this year however.

Thanks for the response! So, am I correct in understanding that they're not doing the Fright Fest stuff that final weekend then? Or is this simply uncharted territory that we don't know what's going to happen yet? Thanks!

Thanks for the response! So, am I correct in understanding that they're not doing the Fright Fest stuff that final weekend then? Or is this simply uncharted territory that we don't know what's going to happen yet? Thanks!

Last weekend will not officially be fright fest, but i'm sure much of the theming will still be up.

^ Maybe it's just me but sometimes I wish we still had Iron Wolf. Just so we would be tied with SFADV for the park with the most B&M's in a single park. It's hard to believe that X-Flight is also still the last B&M coaster Six Flags has built.

I'm suprised it was built. X-Flight came out of nowhere.