TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I visited the park again just to catch what I did and didn't skip yesterday. Rain isn't going to stop anyone unless you're the wicked witch. This is my last day here. I want to continue what I skipped yesterday:

Justice League 10/10

I like this version better than SFSTL JL. It's bigger, everything works, and there's more theming to it.

Triple Play 9/10

I always wanted to go on one of these. It was bigger than I expected. Fun!

Fiddler's Fling 9/10

It's fast. Very fast!

Yankee Clipper 10/10

2 out of 2 done. I enjoyed this one better than Logger's Run because it has a bigger drop, a small hill, and a soaking splash.

Demon (Non VR) 8/10 Front

I skipped the VR knowing I can go on the one at SFSTL. For those who don't know, the capacity for Demon is lower now. Now for the ride, I expected this to be rough since I've been on Ninja at SFSTL, but I was surprised at how little head banging there was. I enjoyed it.

More photos:

image.thumb.jpeg.2bc0e9d635d7bd9e7eb681d53edb08ac.jpeg

Why can't SFSTL make JL like this?

image.thumb.jpeg.95b70fd37a04295228df3f948f0db497.jpeg

nanananananananana...

image.thumb.jpeg.832cf4cbc897542849c865b4fc5dd2da.jpeg

This entrance is so SHOCKING!

image.thumb.jpeg.99c91e07506d3500838f4b994f562a60.jpeg

That cabin stayed up there all day. I actually wanted to ride it today. Oh well.

image.thumb.jpeg.bb5f5c5e2c4d9f48bde2d2e39927f034.jpeg

"Don't mind me sweeping! Just take the photo!"

image.thumb.jpeg.61d9fcd64e6923ccdcdb78528b8b3287.jpeg

Until next time Great America.

Another great TR. You didn't get to ride Revolution? I like Logger's Run more than Yankee Clipper because of the double drop and the fact the Logger's Run has a camera. But what reall makes LG and YC so unique is how they run parallel to each other. I don't know of any other park that has two different water rides running parallel to each other. This might sound crazy but I don't find America Eagle to be rough at all. And I've been riding it even since the blue side ran backwards.

Discussion on SFA thread about possibly (I think it was more of a joke than anything) getting our Jester's Wild Ride and Orbit next year. Does Orbit have more life left in it after 40 years? I would feel bad if they got yet more of our hand me downs. They do have a Mardi Gras section that could use Jester's, though.

Well as you can guess the VR has caused slow operations on Demon now and from I heard it's not as good as the other VR coasters because of the lack of turns. Also they are going to rotate from VR train to normal train. The good think about it is the lines for everything else aren't as long.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

Had a good time at the park yesterday. The single rider lines on Goliath and Superman are lifesavers, turned hour+ waits into a five minute ones. It's a bit of a shame there is such a huge trim brake on the airtime hill on Raging Bull as it actually has an interesting and pretty unique layout. The trim brake slowed the train down so much it just crawled round the rest of the course. Also, X Flight is a bit of an underrated coaster imo, I hadn't heard much about it but actually prefer it to all the other wing riders in the US.

^ and you realize that regardless of whatever happened during the first half of the ride the 2nd half of the ride is still killed by it, so your comment is completely pointless.

Whether you flew through the first half or not that thing grabs hard... if it wasn't there the 2nd half would haul ass. That was his point.

^ and you realize that regardless of whatever happened during the first half of the ride the 2nd half of the ride is still killed by it, so your comment is completely pointless.

Whether you flew through the first half or not that thing grabs hard... if it wasn't there the 2nd half would haul A$$. That was his point.

But most people could ride a "trimless" ride and claim that the back half was 1000000x full of awesome even though they go through at the same speed or slower. It's all psychological.

Well as you can guess the VR has caused slow operations on Demon now and from I heard it's not as good as the other VR coasters because of the lack of turns. Also they are going to rotate from VR train to normal train. The good think about it is the lines for everything else aren't as long.

I don't mean to be rude, but I feel like you're just copying and pasting everything you here on SFGAmWorld and putting it here.

For example, this what someone else posted, which is pretty much what you said:

- The lack of turns on Demon really hurts the Virtual Reality, New Revolution has a lot of turns which really added to the amount of movement you experienced on the headset.

Another example:

In line for the T Shirt Preview day now. My full review soon. Also, for the 'split lines', they use the FLASH Pass line for the VR.

Then, here's what you wrote:

For anyone wondering how the VR is going work for Demon, there are going to be two separate lines. From what I heard the FLASH pass line is being used as the VR line and the regular line will be used for non VR riders.

I'm just passing that info onto here so everybody knows how it's going so far. I probably should of said that I got the info from SFGAmWorld since I am a member of it.

I should warn everyone that is traveling to the park this week that it is a BAFF week but only Monday-Thursday. I wold expect the park to be very busy.

I thought Ragin Cajun was taken out because it was low capacity and overall kind of a crappy/useless ride, especially now that the park has Dark Knight. If the rumor is true that this new ride is going to go near where Ragin Cajun was, there is some sort of strange irony that it would be replaced with one of those S&S spinny seat rides, which just like Ragin Cajun is low capacity and overall kind of crappy especially with X-Flight in the same park. I mean the ride is basically the same thing just with a vertical layout instead of horizontal.

Took a trip to the park yesterday for the friend free day and the park was slammed. Here's how busy it was. The traffic to get into the park streached onto the toll road (I-94 past where the back entrance is). The security lines were so long they reach the parking lot. Security wasn't even bothering to check bags because of of mobbed it was. Also there were a lot of school groups there. As for the rides every was over 1 hour or more. Raging Bull's second overflow queue had to be used. I think even Batman's second overflow had to used. But once it started to rain towards the last few hours the crowd really started to die down. Unfortunately just about everything closed once it started to rain harder. Lucky everything opened again before the parked closed. I got on a total of 4 rides.

American Eagle

X-Flight- Got line jumped by some school groups who left the line to use the bathroom.

Viper

Raging Bull

Couldn't have been nearly as bad as Orbit's last day (I had to leave, the parking lot was 95% full)

That's why I no longer go to the park on the BAFF days or the last days of Read to Succeed. (I only went to try and ride Orbit one last time)

Is the last operating weekend in the season a busy time? I was also concerned about the weather considering it might be cold.

I don't think it'll be crowded since it's November 8th. The weather might even help draw away the crowds, and I'm not even sure if the GP know the park is open adter Halloween. I'm hoping for it to be empty-ish.

I don't think it'll be crowded since it's November 8th. The weather might even help draw away the crowds, and I'm not even sure if the GP know the park is open adter Halloween. I'm hoping for it to be empty-ish.

If this is anything like Last Blast in 2002, then it's not to be missed. Looking forward to it- hopefully it is nice and chilly.

Couldn't have been nearly as bad as Orbit's last day (I had to leave, the parking lot was 95% full)

That's why I no longer go to the park on the BAFF days or the last days of Read to Succeed. (I only went to try and ride Orbit one last time)

Is the last operating weekend in the season a busy time? I was also concerned about the weather considering it might be cold.

According to the schedule on their website the last day the park is open is November 6th. At least that's what I saw.

Going to the park on 9-4. Will my wife and I need flash passes? Shes never been there and I haven't in years

Probably...if you can go Labor Day Monday instead, it will be a lot less packed. I went last year on the Sunday before Labor Day, and it was pretty busy, and I heard it was not so on Labor Day.

Disclaimer, this is an educated guess. Your mileage may vary. You can, and should, assess the need for a flash pass once you get there. I have never heard of them selling out.