TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I love the ride and think it will be a fantastic addition to the park. That being said, given the crowds that occur on a daily basis at SFGAm, I don't see the queue ever getting below a 2 hr wait.

Hopefully they manage the lines better here than they do at St. Louis. A single rider line would do wonders as they constantly send cars out with only 4 of 6 seats full.

I love the ride and think it will be a fantastic addition to the park. That being said, given the crowds that occur on a daily basis at SFGAm, I don't see the queue ever getting below a 2 hr wait.

I hope that will draw people away from Goliath's que.

My thoughts exactly lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they manage the lines better here than they do at St. Louis. A single rider line would do wonders as they constantly send cars out with only 4 of 6 seats full.

I wasn't given glasses when I rode last year, So they gave me glasses and sent me around again.

Anyway, I loved Justice League way more than MIB in Orlando.

• 4 weeks later...
My family is planning on going to SFGAM in June. I could use some advice to the following questions

What time should I arrive?

Are there any "Do Not MISS!" Rides I should catch?

Should I buy a Flash Pass for some rides?

Thank you in advance

Arrive before opening. As early as possible.

Goliath and Whizzer are a do not miss for everyone; beyond that, it depends on what you're into. King Chaos was skippable for me, and I did skip it both days. I know a lot of people are into those, though, and they're becoming rarer (probably because of people like me who don't like them; sorry). Personally, I loved both the log flumes, the rapids ride, Giant Drop, Sky Trek, Goliath, X-Flight, Vertical Velocity, Demon, Viper, and Whizzer. Like I say, though, depends on taste; they really do have something for everyone.

You should buy a Platinum Flash Pass. Even in June. Even on a weekday.

My family is planning on going to SFGAM in June. I could use some advice to the following questions

Thank you in advance

Goliath and Whizzer are a do not miss for everyone; beyond that, it depends on what you're into. King Chaos was skippable for me, and I did skip it both days. I know a lot of people are into those, though, and they're becoming rarer (probably because of people like me who don't like them; sorry). Personally, I loved both the log flumes, the rapids ride, Giant Drop, Sky Trek, Goliath, X-Flight, Vertical Velocity, Demon, Viper, and Whizzer. Like I say, though, depends on taste; they really do have something for everyone.

Ok. Thanks! By the way I probably should skip Justice League (if it's open) because there's one at STL

Thank you in advance

Ok. Thanks! By the way I probably should skip Justice League (if it's open) because there's one at STL

I agree with a lot of what Y said! I would try to get to the park about an hour before opening. Then head straight to Goliath at rope drop to get on one of the first couple trains. If you haven't been to the park in a while and aren't planning on going back any time soon, I would highly recommend the platinum flash pass. It really helps people get the most out of their day with the double rides and the two reservations for Goliath.

As far as must rides, I agree with Y mostly as well, but I would thrown Raging Bull in there, but in the back row.

Thank you in advance

I never buy Flash passes but I go every year and I am poor. If you have the money to spend on Flash Passes I would say yes. Goliath is must ride in my opinion and is the ride you should head to first when the park opens. You're going to get run over by stupid teenagers that have tons of youth and energy on your way to Goliath but whatever that's life. If you have never been on a Justice League dark ride before I would say to check out Battle for Metropolis when it opens. I remember I had a lot of fun on Justice League when I went with my family in Dallas. I like Raging Bull but it's not the most unique ride in the world so if you wanted to skip it I wouldn't blame you. American Eagle is a great classic wooden coaster so I would say check that one out as well. X-Flight is awesome but that one usually draws a crowd. If you have kids I would say without a doubt go on Whizzer. It's a cool ride experience and it's the only one of it's kind left in the world so that reason alone is enough. The water rides are great too. Buccaneer Battle always seems to have a short line whenever I go and it's a good way to get yourself soaked. Raging Rapids is a pretty cool water ride too.

I hope you and your family have a fun experience when you go to Great America. I know I always have a really fun time whenever I go and I hope you enjoy it too

Thanks guys!

One more question:

Can you list the skippable rides?

Not really. It all depends on what you're into. Are you just wanting coasters? Do you like flats? Do you (like me) go on all the flats that don't spin and none of the ones that do? Does the waterpark appeal to you?

Oh yeah, you can do everything in 4 days. Won't need a flash pass if you have that much time, unless you just really hate waiting in lines. Devote one whole day to the waterpark; it's really good. Doesn't cost extra if you have a season pass, and if you're there for four days, get a gold season pass. It'll save you $100 in parking if nothing else.

^I'll just catch everything. I'm staying there for 4 days anyway

If you're going to the park 4days, I'd just make sure to hit the low capacity rides first - one each day. V2, Goliath, Dark Knight, and then reride a fav. Superman usually does the Single Rider line, but not sure how it works. Viper's full queue is only 30 minutes. I mean you can probably hit Goliath, then XFlight and Demon in the first hour.

If it doesn't look fun or worth the wait, then don't ride it. Asking the forum to plan your park visit by ride is ridiculous. You can search this thread for trip advice and find a book's worth of info, so try it out sometime. Its a good park with a great, diverse collection of rides. It just isn't operated the best.

Oh. Well in that case follow all of our advice on Day 1 and go to Cedar Point on days 2,3 and 4.

No, you're doing it wrong. Since he's poor and has 4 days to spend, Mt Olympus is the clear answer.

Agreed, I can't imagine spending 4 consecutive days at the park, even for the most die-hard among us. If you're there for the whole day and smart about the first few hours, I don't see any major reason you can't do at least the vast majority of everything you'd want to do in one day, even on super busy days. Spend a day or two at SFGAm, and then go do something else.

Oh. Well in that case follow all of our advice on Day 1 and go to Cedar Point on days 2,3 and 4.

This is the greatest advice you could give. seriously though. I try to go as much as humanly possible for the first month, because once school lets out this place is almost intolerable.

Agreed, I can't imagine spending 4 consecutive days at the park, even for the most die-hard among us. If you're there for the whole day and smart about the first few hours, I don't see any major reason you can't do at least the vast majority of everything you'd want to do in one day, even on super busy days. Spend a day or two at SFGAm, and then go do something else.

Well that depends. I knew I would probably not get back to Kings Dominion any time soon, so I spent 3 really quality days there so that I could gain an appreciation of every single attraction, especially during busy days.