TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Awesome. My little sister loved the Justice Leauge ride in Texas. Kinda upset it's not a coaster, but it really doesn't matter. I'm sure this is going to be a hit for Great America. And look on the bright side everyone, at least it's not a Larson Looper! (p.s. Dear Six Flags, Larson Looper's are not coasters. Please learn this and stop calling them coasters)

^^ That could be your 2017 addition. I don't think its a far stretch to speculate that SF will put one in all of their parks. SFGAm, SFMM, and SFOT will be the only ones left without a Super Loop. They could be the three for 2017.

^^ That could be your 2017 addition. I don't think its a far stretch to speculate that SF will put one in all of their parks. SFGAm, SFMM, and SFOT will be the only ones left without a Super Loop. They could be the three for 2017.

I don't see SFMM getting a Larson loop. They will receive a new coaster before a Larson loop. Even Six Flags should know that a Larson loop is not fitting for their 20th coaster.

I don't see SFMM getting a Larson loop. They will receive a new coaster before a Larson loop. Even Six Flags should know that a Larson loop is not fitting for their 20th coaster.

Well they could get a Super Loop and it not be marketed as a Coaster, like SFStL. I was so glad to see that!

Man, do I miss Tidalwave and Sky Whirl! Batman was a great replacement for TW of course. Just sad the Sky Whirl spot is such a waste (Buccaneer Battle after Deja Vu). Even caught a glimpse of Davey Jones' Dinghies, the old flying boats. I remember riding those as a little kid. Thanks for that trip down memory lane!

• 2 weeks later...

"Nox is searching for more souls to take down into the depths of hell. If you think you are brave enough you can enter his realm in the Gates of Hell! The Gates of Hell is an experience like no other. This complex will not just be composed of one haunted attraction, no, but six. All these experiences bring you to the House of Torment, Nox’s home.

As you enter the Gates of Hell beware, all vile creatures long to impress their ruler Nox and will stop at nothing to capture the most souls to deliver to him.

You will be lucky to escape with your soul so enter only if you dare."

New fright fest haunted house called the gates of hell. 6 haunted houses in 1???!! I don't know about you guys but i love fright fest and im extremely excited!!

With Coasting for Kids this Sunday, will there be significant crowds? Weather is just about perfect, so figuring on a significant walk up crowd as is... Just not sure how much Coasting for Kids will add...

The place will most likely be mobbed because it's also fright fest opening weekend

In my experience, while all of Fright Fest tends to be very crowded, it's lighter at the beginning and gets worse as the month goes on. So this weekend will certainly be busy, but will very likely be better than later in October.

Hey guys. I'll be visiting Six Flags Great America on Friday, October 16 for the first time. How are the crowds usually on a Friday night for haunt? Should I get a Platnium flash pass to ensure I get all the credits or will I be fine without it? Thanks!

In my experience, Fridays are the ideal day to go. Bonus points if the weather is cooler or there is a threat of rain (or both). If that works out in your favor, no form of quick queue is required.

^I don't believe you need any sort of pass, but notify an attendant at the ride that you'd like to participate in the Kid Swap program, and one adult can wait with the child at the exit while the other rides and then switch when the riding adult returns. There's a new building called the Ride Information Center in Mardi Gras across from Big Easy Balloons where you can get more info.

We always just go through the line like normal. When it comes time to board, I usually ride first while my wife stays with our daughter. Instead of waiting at the exit, they just stay in line. If it's a rollercoaster running more than one train, she'll let someone in front of her for the next train(s) until I get back, then she boards and I take our daughter and wait at the exit. We've always done it this way at every park we've been to.

Does anybody have the price to rent the M4 rifle for the Apocolypse Zombie Experience ? Also, the SFGA site says that passholders get a discount for the express wristband. Does anyone know what the price of that is with the discount?

Thanks in advance!

Does anybody have the price to rent the M4 rifle for the Apocolypse Zombie Experience ?

I'd like to know more about this!

From the Fright Fest guide, it looks like you can go through this haunt after purchasing the wristband and for an extra fee, rent an M4 rifle (I suspect it's either paintball or similar) to shoot the zombies. I'm curious how much the rental is and how much the express wristbands are with pass holder discount.