TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

It's a great ride like the one here at SFOT. But expect a lot of down time while they

get the bugs ironed out.

I don't believe the SFGAm model will be much different than the SFOT model, which should mean all the bugs from this year should be fixed for the new installments from the get-go.

It's a great ride like the one here at SFOT. But expect a lot of down time while they

get the bugs ironed out.

I don't believe the SFGAm model will be much different than the SFOT model, which should mean all the bugs from this year should be fixed for the new installments from the get-go.

You'd think, but...

While im glad we're getting a new ride better then what most other parks are getting, I just think an unreliable, low capacity dark ride that will only last for 2 seasons is the last thing our park needs, but oh well. Better then another ignite.

Only last for 2 seasons? What the hell are you talking about? I'm beyond excited to see an innovative dark ride come to the park. The location might not fit, but it's a step in the right direction creative wise for Six Flags.

While im glad we're getting a new ride better then what most other parks are getting, I just think an unreliable, low capacity dark ride that will only last for 2 seasons is the last thing our park needs, but oh well. Better then another ignite.

Only last for 2 seasons? What the hell are you talking about? I'm beyond excited to see an innovative dark ride come to the park. The location might not fit, but it's a step in the right direction creative wise for Six Flags.

Zach - didn't you know that all interactive dark rides have a life expectancy of only 2 years?

Wtf are u smoking?

Zach - didn't you know that all interactive dark rides have a life expectancy of only 2 years?

At least after Tomb Raider: The Ride broke down they kept Laura Croft's tits up until they lost the rights.

Sure is a shame innovative dark rides like Curse of DarKastle, Spider Man, and the likes only stayed around for 2 seasons...

He did say Interactive Dark Rides so Men in Black, Lost Kingdom Adventure, Voyage to the Iron Reef, Every Boo Blaster, Scooby Doo at SFFT, Wonder Mountain Guardian, Toy Story Midway Mania, Buzz Lightyear have all been removed apparently.

Sure is a shame innovative dark rides like Curse of DarKastle, Spider Man, and the likes only stayed around for 2 seasons...

He did say Interactive Dark Rides so Men in Black, Lost Kingdom Adventure, Voyage to the Iron Reef, Every Boo Blaster, Scooby Doo at SFFT, Wonder Mountain Guardian, Toy Story Midway Mania, Buzz Lightyear have all been removed apparently.

Just curious, what is a realistic capacity number for this ride?

Actually, the lines for JLBFM here at SFOT move fairly quickly. I was pleasantly surprised by how

fast the lines move.

Ok... Capacity is the one downside I can find for this... It's a minor concern with an overall good addition though...

Just curious, what is a realistic capacity number for this ride?

Actually, the lines for JLBFM here at SFOT move fairly quickly. I was pleasantly surprised by how

fast the lines move.

The line here at SFSTL moves pretty quick too!

Not really... Probably less than 400 pph.

I'd say the lines for JL will probably be horrendous at SFGAm, especially its first season. 2-3 hours most of the time.

What I mean is, after a couple seasons I won't be surprised if half the effects stop working especially at a park like SFGAM.

I think a dark ride is a great addition to SFGAm. Many people have been calling for one of these for years now, especially once Space Shuttle America met its demise. I get the worries about capacity, and with Flash Pass/EAP lines in the summer will probably get pretty rough. I do hope they add a dedicated single rider line ala Men In Black at USF, because with 6 person cars there will be plenty of empty seats to fill.