TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Here's your Justice League update. It's humid, 70*, and cloudy yet it's one of the most crowded days I've ever seen. Also this crowd is the most unfriendly, rude, and unclean I've ever seen.

Ahh, Chi-town. They're known for their (wrong style of) pizza, radioactive-green relish, a tall building, Ditka, and their always well-behaved and recently bathed residents.

Wait, I screwed up on that last part.

Here's your Justice League update. It's humid, 70*, and cloudy yet it's one of the most crowded days I've ever seen. Also this crowd is the most unfriendly, rude, and unclean I've ever seen.

Ahh, Chi-town. They're known for their (wrong style of) pizza, radioactive-green relish, a tall building, Ditka, and their always well-behaved and recently bathed residents.

Wait, I screwed up on that last part.

Relish? Naw, pickles. And I'd say hate for ketchup above the deep dish pizza. But that's what I've gathered after living here for 6 months. The crowd I saw on Sunday was unlike anything I've seen. I would have rather been at Mt. Olympus where at least most of the crowd are friendly Wisconsinites.

As for lines - like I said most were overflowing with the exception of American Eagle, the only ride I went on. Superman was 2 hours, Goliath was 90 min+ and broken when I walked by, V2 was probably 90-120 min. Viper (the shortest queue) was probably the shortest line at 30 minutes. Demon was all the way out to the entrance...same with Condor, too.

I don't get the whole theming argument... Never saw SFGAm as a "theme park" in the least.... It's always been viewed as a "thrill" park by me my whole life, so I have to believe the GP views it the same... Been that way for 20+ years... Why spend more money to make less? Theming will not increase overall revenue, IMO... Why should management bother?

Ahh, the good old Marriott days back when the theming was great, especially with the employees wearing costumes themed to their area.

I can still remember the jingle....the rides are great, the shows are great, the fun is great....at Marriott's Great America.

Damn I'm old.

^You ain't old, come on Maybe a Great Day is just what you need this year!

I fondly remember waiting in front of the TV for the Demon commercial...

^note this is the California Demon. You can always tell by the darker/more pointed rocks.

then the Eagle commercial in 81

^note Colossus AND AE in that one!

These commercials made the rides look so scary. To me anyway, as a kid.

^Well, there once was a time when Yankee Harbor, Yukon Territory, County Fair... then Six Flags came along Ok, so it was a "Theme Park Lite" in the Marriott days. They had much higher standards all the way around.

We still have those themed areas.

At least SFGAm has for the most part kept the names and themes... While as California's Great America...

Don't think I'm a Six Flags defender, If it were up to me, I would have added it to County Fair in the building next to Revolution behind the games area (Massacre Medical Center for the Locals)

Those fish might as well be whales in SFGAm's case.

True! Hard to believe the other Six Flags parks seems consistently worse than Great America. After recent visits to SFOG, SFNE and La Ronde, I still say we have the best park in the chain. In operation, variety of rides, cleanliness... Unfortunately, still WAY below the standards of Cedar Point, and most independent parks.

Calling All Members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team

Six Flags Great America announces new thrill ride to save the city of Metropolis

Six Flags Great America — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment — today announced the next generation of interactive thrills with the debut of an all-new 4D interactive thrill ride, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This amazing thrill ride was named by USA Today readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions of the year and was most recently awarded Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.

Slated to open at Six Flags Great America in 2016, guests will become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team, and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart Lex Luthor and The Joker and save the city of Metropolis.

"Introducing an attraction that combines this level of technology and the iconic DC Comics characters will bring an unmatched, interactive experience to our guests in 2016," stated Hank Salemi, park president. "The addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is another example of our park’s commitment to delivering new and innovative thrills every year."

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis will feature:

A 22,000 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house this full-sensory thrill ride;

A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;

A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels through laughing gas and flames in 10 high-intensity scenes;

One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head over heels;

High definition 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;

State-of-the-art gaming elements;

6-passenger vehicles with multi-degrees-of-freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitations.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is scheduled to open to the public at Six Flags Great America in the spring of 2016. For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit http://www.sixflags.com/2016news.

- See more at: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/new-2016/news-release#sthash.coVXy57Z.dpuf

2016NewCapital_OneSheet1.thumb.jpg.441e6709d53714c6500580a9113ee0fc.jpg

jlbfm-ka.thumb.jpg.14cd6dfd0bcac77005ee4fe57e447618.jpg

Edited by robbalvey