TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Off topic: Who remembers when WLS rented out the entire park (in the 70s, maybe???), allowed all their listeners to get in free and Larry Lujack was going to give away something like $10,000 when he got to the bottom of some ride or coaster. My question is, what was the ride?

I too am a bit disappointed about the location choice for JLBFM (if this is in fact the 2016 addition). There are multiple other locations in the park that would be more appropriate for the theme. Now, if they were to do a custom theme to the wild west, that would have been more appropriate. It is disappointing that these big corporate parks don't want to focus on theming and asthetics properly. But with all that aside, it is a good choice of addition and it should be a big hit.

I too am a bit disappointed about the location choice for JLBFM (if this is in fact the 2016 addition). There are multiple other locations in the park that would be more appropriate for the theme. Now, if they were to do a custom theme to the wild west, that would have been more appropriate. It is disappointing that these big corporate parks don't want to focus on theming and asthetics properly. But with all that aside, it is a good choice of addition and it should be a big hit.

Yeah the location strikes me as being strange. The Hall of Justice facade will certainly stand out next to the other Southwest Territory buildings.

People seem to forget that the Southwest Amphitheater was at the very end of SWT and didn't really fit in either (at least not with the "Operation Spygirl" paint job it had for the last decade or so of it's life). If they decide to just make that little corner of Southwest Territory part of County Fair instead and move the Southwest Territory to the other side of the ride, I don't see how that hurts the theme at all.

too bad they didn't put JLBFM to the right off Dark Knight, they could have added on to the old theater and perhaps co mingled the Queues for the coaster and dark ride.

You would then have Superman, DK and JL all in the same place. just BTR would be out of place. Then they could have put a free spin or small mine train coaster with southwest theme in the SW spot..

too bad.

Craig

So this particular JL won't go into an old buidling, but a completely new structure being erected to house it? Kinda makes me wonder what the actual costs of these rides are. Especially considering Six Flags has been installing budget rides/coasters for the better part of a decade now.

So this particular JL won't go into an old buidling, but a completely new structure being erected to house it? Kinda makes me wonder what the actual costs of these rides are. Especially considering Six Flags has been installing budget rides/coasters for the better part of a decade now.

SFSTL's version was less than $10 million according to a poster who is an employee there. I don't know how he knows that but I'll take his word for it.