TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I got a question to ask. I'm going tomorrow for the fist time this year and was wondering if I can use any of the season pass discounts after I get my pass processed? I would like to use the bring a friend for $19.76 discount tomorrow.

I got a question to ask. I'm going tomorrow for the fist time this year and was wondering if I can use any of the season pass discounts after I get my pass processed? I would like to use the bring a friend for $19.76 discount tomorrow.

I would call the park. You get your pass processed as you enter the gates. Just like you're normally going into the park, they scan your fingerprint and print your card in less than 30 seconds. Also, you have the buy the 19.76 discount online and only online. So I'd call the park so you don't get screwed out of 50 bucks.

Bless you, good luck at the park.

If you haven't noticed, Great America has a Gold Pass entrance. Today, they let us in the park at 9:30. Everyone else is still waiting to get in.

They hold back the crowd near the carousel. They are going to walk us back to Goliath at 10:00. This will be the standard process from now on.

If you haven't noticed, Great America has a Gold Pass entrance. Today, they let us in the park at 9:30. Everyone else is still waiting to get in.

They hold back the crowd near the carousel. They are going to walk us back to Goliath at 10:00. This will be the standard process from now on.

Is it the same entrance as the discovery card entrance?

Is it the same entrance as the discovery card entrance?

At least when I was there a few weeks ago, it was on the other side of the entrance plaza from the Discover Card entrance.

^ You just made my day. Hearing the horror stories of Goliath's load times I was worried but if I get free early access and a walkback I'm all set for my visit in two weeks.

On Monday, they did not let the Gold Pass line in early. They did not walk us back to Goliath. From what I heard, this is because SFGAm was closing early.

When SFGAm is open until 9:00 PM or later, I think they will walk everyone back to Goliath. When the park closes early, they will just let everyone run to Goliath.

Hey guys, I know that I've asked these types of questions before, but our trip is coming really close so I want to make sure we've got a good plan.

We're most going on a Tuesday in early June, how are crowds on Tuesday, and when do the local schools get off?

I know to get on Goliath ASAP, after that should we go to American Eagle, X-Flight, Raging Bull, Whizzer? Or should we go Goliath, Batman, Superman, then go to the back of the park again? What's the best way to go about the park, avoiding as many lines as possible.

Also, how does SFGAm do in inclement weather?

^Normally the crowds on weekdays are not to bad, so you should be fine. Most of the local schools (CPS) get off on June 19. The best plan should be to arrive at the park early - around 9:30 so you can get in early and secure an early ride on Goliath with little wait. After that, I would go to Raging Bull as that usually gets a long line later. Next, hit up the attractions in the surrounding area, because lines for X-flight and Batman never get too long.

Oh, and the park's coasters stay open in gentle rain. Hope for some rain because we went to the park this weekend and the rain cleared out the crowds and we had an AWESOME time - we got six rides on Goliath.

Well, have a good visit!!

The best plan should be to arrive at the park early - around 9:30 so you can get in early and secure an early ride on Goliath with little wait.

Can we still get in early, even though we don't have season passes?

Thanks for the info!

On Monday, they did not let the Gold Pass line in early. They did not walk us back to Goliath. From what I heard, this is because SFGAm was closing early.

When SFGAm is open until 9:00 PM or later, I think they will walk everyone back to Goliath. When the park closes early, they will just let everyone run to Goliath.

That doesn't make any sense to me. I wish there was some consistency so the next time I go the park I know how early to show up ...

The best plan should be to arrive at the park early - around 9:30 so you can get in early and secure an early ride on Goliath with little wait.

Can we still get in early, even though we don't have season passes?

Thanks for the info!

I'm actually not sure about that, but even if you get there early, they will let you into the park around 10:00 and than you can head to Goliath. Oh, and my tip is that if it seems like there is a huge crowd lined up to ride in front of the entrance when you get there, stick it out and wait. The crowd may seem huge, but once all of those people get into the queue, it's about a ten of fifteen minute wait on most cases. If the mass of people is stretching to the covered bridge, it'll be around that time - 15 minutes.

Oh, and if you secure a place in one of the lines at a minute before park closing, you can get to ride that attraction. Just don't bank on a front row ride as the opps at Great America like to send the least amount of trains as possible when the park closes, so they will want to fill all available rows instead of just the front.

Maybe next time I go I'll ask why they show it.

^ If you want to know what coaster it is the name of it is in my post above yours. It's the floorless coaster at SFNE.

But really, does anyone know why they show a POV of Batman- The Dark Knight.

Maybe next time I go I'll ask why they show it.

^ If you want to know what coaster it is the name of it is in my post above yours. It's the floorless coaster at SFNE.

But really, does anyone know why they show a POV of Batman- The Dark Knight.

Do you really think anybody working there would have any idea why they show it?

Judging from the reception of the JLBFM additions at SFOT and SFStL I think it would be a safe bet that we could see these Dark Rides installed at other Parks in the chain. I'm wondering if SFGAm would be one of the Parks, because a Dark Ride is something it really could use, but I'm curious if it would be considered too close to SFStL?

Just wondering, has the park been offering the double rides on American Eagle they had advertised earlier on their social media pages? If so, how much of an impact is it having on capacity?

Judging from the reception of the JLBFM additions at SFOT and SFStL I think it would be a safe bet that we could see these Dark Rides installed at other Parks in the chain. I'm wondering if SFGAm would be one of the Parks, because a Dark Ride is something it really could use, but I'm curious if it would be considered too close to SFStL?

I'm not sure whether or not I can see them getting one, but if they do then the old Ragin Cajun area would be perfect. Right now that area is basically unoccupied, but I don't know how much space JLBFM requires.