TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I have plans to visit the park this summer, and I was wondering: I have never been to a six flags park before and does this park have any fast pass or fast lane system? Answers appreciated!

Yes yes yes, and you want it. Badly. I got the platinum pass last summer, and it was worth every penny. $110 last year (I don't know about pricing this year), but it will make your day. I rode more coasters than I have ever ridden in any one day ever, and the double rides on everything are AWESOME. Invest in the platinum pass, please. You will not be disappointed.

I was just wondering if someone can help me out with some park history. I know Goliah is where Iron Wolf stood, and SUF is where Shockwave was, where was Deja Vu located?? Is it where X-Flight stands now??

X-Flight occupies the former site of Splashwater Falls...

I was just wondering if someone can help me out with some park history. I know Goliah is where Iron Wolf stood, and SUF is where Shockwave was, where was Deja Vu located?? Is it where X-Flight stands now??

Goliath is in Z-Force/Iron Wolf's former location.

Batman: The Ride is in Tidal Wave's former location.

Superman: Ultimate Flight is in Shockwave's former location.

X-Flight is in Splashwater Falls/Great America Raceway's former location.

Buccaneer Battle is in DejaVu/Sky Whirl/Haybaler's former location.

SFGAm posted on their Instagram page that they will be offering "double rides" on American Eagle this season. I assume by that they mean "second rides". It should be fun for the people riding, but when you combine this with Six Flags' wonderful dispatch times, this is going to kill capacity. Let's hope they have both sides running this season.

image.thumb.jpg.f30151512cc9ad61ba7d1d6880e38305.jpg

Doubtful. I'd bet it's part of their "40 Seasons" celebration, as a way to "celebrate" their coasters. American Eagle is an obvious choice for this as it is a "classic" attraction, relatively popular, and most importantly, very high capacity.

I don't see any one SF park getting two RMC projects before most of the major SF parks remaining have one, and I don't see Great America getting another coaster for at least another two years. At least.

SFGAm posted on their Instagram page that they will be offering "double rides" on American Eagle this season. I assume by that they mean "second rides". It should be fun for the people riding, but when you combine this with Six Flags' wonderful dispatch times, this is going to kill capacity. Let's hope they have both sides running this season.

When I went in July they had both sides running, with two trains, and they were one of the fastest crews in the parks.

So, I am going to SFGAm this summer (Tuesday in June), and I was wondering how I should conquer the park.

My current plan is to go Goliath, X-Flight, Giant Drop, and then Raging Bull, but I'm not sure what I should do from there. I'm thinking to go from Raging Bull to Whizzer.

Also, does Superman: Ultimate Flight ever have a time where the line shrinks down (Some rides at the front of some parks have very small lines towards closing, is this the case with S:UF?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

^ Personally, I would get to the park well before opening and hoof it over to Goliath first. If you get to the park early enough and jog over, you should be on the first few trains of the day. From there, I would hoof it back to Superman which should have a smallish wait at that point. If you don't get to Goliath well before opening, your wait will likely be over an hour and a half, at least that was my experience last year. It could be a bit better this year, but it's still the new hotness.

I would also wait until later in the day/evening to ride Whizzer when most of the smaller kids have left the park. Whizzer is a fun and unique ride that is worth a lap or two, but it has terrible capacity and is one of the few family coasters in the park so the line can get really bad during the day.

Hope that helps a bit.

Seems crazy to have more than one RMC at a park, yet then again parks have multiple B&M's and Intamin's

And SFGAm has multiple of both those companies' coasters. With only so many big name coaster manufacturers, I think it makes sense. I am skeptical of an RMC Eagle anytime soon though, though I would not mind at all!