TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Hey, I just realized that the last day of school for Chicago Schools is on June 17th (It was supposed to be 16th, but they had to make up for a snow day, apparently), so that means that schools won't be out the monday that we visit the park. Do you think that Flash Pass would be necessary is the schools aren't out yet (As in, does the park get busy on days that kids have school)?

That is only for Chicago Public schools though, the ones in the city. The park is in Gurnee, not Chicago. Almost every other district in the Chicago area, including the suburbs near the park, get out in late May or the first week of June, so it could be fairly busy.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys question for Great Adventure Locals. I'm visiting form UK and plan to do a day in the park. If I decide i want an extra day do the do the come back tomorrow for $XX ?

Thanks in advance

Stu K

Hi guys question for Great Adventure Locals. I'm visiting form UK and plan to do a day in the park. If I decide i want an extra day do the do the come back tomorrow for $XX ?

Thanks in advance

Stu K

Thanks in advance

Stu K

They don't do anything like that with individual tickets, but you can upgrade your daily ticket to a season pass for a fee... Last year I believe that was $29.99 or about 1/2 the price of a full price day ticket....

I got question to ask about the buy 4+ regular season passes and get a season parking pass. Where do I have to buy the passes? SFGAm website, at the park or at any Jewel (where I normally buy my pass)?

Online any time or at the park during normal park operating hours, if they are still offering the deal when the park opens. I would just buy them online. I am not sure if you can buy them at Jewel.

Did anyone else buy the Xtreme Pass in 2012? I did and it was horribly implemented, but since they moved to a more paperless system, they could try selling it again but use a paperless system for the "skip the line" pass instead of making passholders wait a half hour in line at the guest relations booth to receive their paper skip the line pass. I would give it another shot if they fixed that issue. Any thoughts?

^Lord, how similar the California and Illinois Great Americas used to be. I do miss "ZEE TIDAL WAVE!"
Truth! The parks really were pretty identical back in the day. Gurnee is still way closer to it's original roots than Santa Clara. The California park is a shadow of it's former, original self. I hope Six Flags leaves Gurnee in tact.

Those were some great pics the Tribune posted. I was just as Magic Mountain this past week and spent a lot of time on Viper reliving my younger days riding Shockwave when it was new. I really wish they could have tamed Shockwave somehow. That's still my favorite lost ride from Great America. The Edge too. Loud, noisy and pretty scary for its day. There are much taller and better drop towers of course, but I will always have a soft spot for those original Intamin Free Falls.

I know I haven't been on TPR for a while (don't judge me I am a busy man...) but with the ZEE TIDAL WAVE posts, is this a new rumour now that Tidal Wave may come back one day?

I know I haven't been on TPR for a while (don't judge me I am a busy man...) but with the ZEE TIDAL WAVE posts, is this a new rumour now that Tidal Wave may come back one day?

Nope--sorry.

^Lord, how similar the California and Illinois Great Americas used to be. I do miss "ZEE TIDAL WAVE!"
Truth! The parks really were pretty identical back in the day. Gurnee is still way closer to it's original roots than Santa Clara. The California park is a shadow of it's former, original self. I hope Six Flags leaves Gurnee in tact.

Those were some great pics the Tribune posted. I was just as Magic Mountain this past week and spent a lot of time on Viper reliving my younger days riding Shockwave when it was new. I really wish they could have tamed Shockwave somehow. That's still my favorite lost ride from Great America. The Edge too. Loud, noisy and pretty scary for its day. There are much taller and better drop towers of course, but I will always have a soft spot for those original Intamin Free Falls.

Sky Whirl is the ride I miss the most.

Is anyone interested in carpooling from Chicago to Great America this season? The dates have yet to be worked out. We will also be going to other Six Flags & Cedar Fair parks. We have free parking at all Six Flags & Cedar Fair parks. PM me if interested.

I have plans to visit the park this summer, and I was wondering: I have never been to a six flags park before and does this park have any fast pass or fast lane system? Answers appreciated!

Yes they do. They all do. It's called the Flash Pass.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/flash-pass