TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^Agreed. Every major ride had at least a 45 minute wait when I went a couple of weeks ago, and it was a weekday. Even the lines for Demon, Whizzer, and American Eagle were that long, which surprised me.

I've been wondering this, but why has the trains on Goliath had so many more problems than the trains on Medusa: Steel coaster in Mexico? The trains look exactly the same to me. Same restraints, same backing, same seats, except for the design on the front. Why has ours had so many more problems with it?

I'm thinking that the constant gap between the steel topper track is to blame. There is a crack every 6 feet or so. Maybe that bump over and over again is enough to cut the polyurethane wheels and cause them to shred. The I-boxes are one consistent smooth piece of track, welded together so there is no bumps to ride over. This problem didn't exist on Outlaw Run because while outlaw run ahs the same track, it runs on steel wheels that can't shred from riding over bumps. If you think about it, there are no steel coasters on earth that share the same number and style of gaps in the track along its course while running polyurethane wheels.

I've been wondering this, but why has the trains on Goliath had so many more problems than the trains on Medusa: Steel coaster in Mexico? The trains look exactly the same to me. Same restraints, same backing, same seats, except for the design on the front. Why has ours had so many more problems with it?

What problems exactly have they been having with it? Do they have problems with communication between the train restraints and the control panel (i.e. opening the electrical box at the back of each car to check the wiring)

^Wheels? It's the only thing I know is different.
Well there has also been problems with the Velcro padding on the train flying off mid course, hasn't there? I did not realize that the wheels were different either.

Get there before opening (you should already be lined up to park) and head straight to Goliath. It has been opening early on some days. Ride that in the back if the grouper will allow. If you're alone; Goliath, Batman and Superman all have Single Rider Queues, look for the signs. Go fresh grill in the food court, JB's Sports Bar in Southwest Territory, and Mooseburger Lodge are the best restaurants. Raging Bull is a must in the back. I also prefer Eagle Red over Eagle Blue. X Flight either side in front is awesome. The train is operational again, running round trip journeys departing in hometown square next to Triple Play. Sit on the right side for excellent views of Goliath.

Hey everybody! So I know this has been asked a lot in this thread, but I'm planning a visit to Six Flags before I head back to school. I was wondering, is there a noticeable difference in the crowds the second week or third week in August as opposed to some time in July? Or would it be worth my time to wait until around August 25th (the last day before I have to head back to school) to avoid big crowds? Thanks!

I'd ride Viper in the back. Raging bull back left. Also, if you decide to do raging bull twice, use the second go around as an opportunity to ride in the very front. Don't waste your time in any other rows; time is money my friend! Batman has great foliage and dips over water. Ride in the front for great views, or back for constant greyouts.

As far as airtime, I count 9 spots. Most are just pops, but there are some pretty strong spots as well. What row did you ride?

There was only one moment of ejector airtime. Goliath is a definite top ten in NA, but it's no phoenix, NTG, el toro, skyrush type of ride.

Coming from LA California, just finished about a day and half roughly of SFGA. It's been a long time since I last was there. I think Raging Bull was in it's first or second year.

Went straight from the airport and got there around 7pm Tuesday. Just rode Raging Bull, X-Flight and Goliath. Really liked all 3. Goliath being my favorite. Yesterday got there a bit late around 3pm and closed the place. Second to last to return my Platinum Flash Pass. Something I was able to do that I thought wasn't going to be able to was, to use my season pass BOGO deal. What the girl said she could do was, sell us the Gold with the passholder deal, then upgrade us to platinum. So, $70 for 2 gold, and $80 to upgrade. $70 savings. It was my first time using Flash Pass at any Six Flags and was great. Also, if it hasn't been mentioned, Goliath is now 2 rides, but no back to back. Both times, just walked all the way up passing the 120 minute line. Waited once more at the end of night for about 30-40 minutes.

I thought the park was pretty clean, but remember, I'm coming from Magic Mountain. Employees and general park guests just act like they should. Had a great time! Heading to Ohio in the morning, Banshee Bash next!

New Update on Single Rider Line for Goliath:

It IS operational, with some minor guffaws.....

IF you are a single rider mention this when you first get in line, some ops will give you a lanyard with the Single Rider Ticket, immediately, BUT you will still have to wait in the overflow queue til you get to the Flash Pass entrance.

Others will say, when you get to the Flash Pass entrance after the overflow queue, let the line attendant know and THEN they will give you the pass and send you up the "Other Side Of The Staircase".

Regardless, in my first 80 min at the park the other day I was able to ride 4 times....yay.....

However, and I learned this later.....they will not issue you a Single Rider Pass if the posted "Wait" time is 60 min or less.

I just kept going back when the line was "Busy" and I kept getting on in usually 20-25 min or less (two times I waited less than ten min), but I am truly a "Single" rider.....my wife is not a coaster enthusiast, and though she buys me a Season Pass every year, she does not accompany me...I go alone, a lot.....

Also, one of the line attendant/ride ops told a couple of us with the single rider passes, is that Goliath will keep the single rider line, but it is also being used as a "Test" for single rider lines elsewhere in the park.....yay for us.

Very happy!

At the park right now, in line for Goliath. We had a group of three and decided to switch to the single rider line so that we could all get on faster. When we told the guy we were fine being single riders and not riding together, he just told us "We can't send groups up, you have to be alone, even if you guys would all ride separately." Meanwhile, trains are sent out with two or three empty seats each.

Sorry to hear that. Can't say I'm surprised though. Who cares if you're a group if you're riding separately?!?

Yeah it didn't make much sense to us. But it's all okay, the line is definitely not a three hour wait like the sign says. It's been about an hour so far and we are almost at the shaded part of the queue.