TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Lol is it true that American Eagle used to run three trains or am I making stuff up in my head? haha

Yup. 6 if you count both sides. Capacity was over 4,000 per hour. In 1984 Six Flags took ownership of the park and the ride had a minor collision. They said no more 3 trains per side.

Lol is it true that American Eagle used to run three trains or am I making stuff up in my head? haha

Yup. 6 if you count both sides. Capacity was over 4,000 per hour. In 1984 Six Flags took ownership of the park and the ride had a minor collision. They said no more 3 trains per side.

wow, that would be great if they still ran that. The capacity now is terrible and although i like the ride, i often avoid it because i can't stand the slow-moving line.

I was just there. Wait time stays at around 2 hours the entire day. I got to the park around 10 minutes after opening and that still wasn't enough to wait less. On the bright side, Goliath didn't break down today! Both trains are running in case anyone was wondering.

^Thanks for the reply! So it is still long - Haven't been to the park since Media Day, so I guess that should be the go-to coaster in the morning.

Only if you're gonna get to the park earlier than opening time. Oddly, my second ride had less wait time when we formed at around 3:30. Crowds were fairly good other than Goliath. Raging Bull's wait was only 45 minutes mid-day.

So has Goliath's single rider line been a success so far (if they are using it)? I understand that not every park is successful at running single rider lines. If it is working well, then I'll really have to use it a lot when I go.

does anyone know how well the flash pass works for Goliath. i know it's platinum. i'm going in about a month, and was thinking of getting it. will only be there a day, possibly a few hours the day before. no pass that day for sure, but probably the next. i know it's a lot of money, but only one day, and no idea when i'll come back.

guess i'm asking where it dumps you into. the station? thanks for any info.

Yes, I agree. Ride Goliath in the back. It was unbelievably awesome! My wife and I visited last Friday and we both bought the platinum passes and they were a complete rip off. We spent $220 on those things and they only got us one ride on the Goliath, which we rode on the very front. At the end of the night, they had an extra three hours for season pass holders and stayed open to midnight, which we used to get our last ride of the night on Goliath in the back. We waited in line for an hour an a half, wasn't that bad. I would have waited again, but they closed the queue down an hour early and we couldn't get back in line. The park got totally awesome around 8pm because heavy fog rolled in and it made the park look like frightfest, plus it got cold so, it was basically October in June. It had been about two years since I last visited when X-Flight was added to the park. I still love that coaster...although I still consider Wild Eagle to be the best wing coaster. Raging Bull had too much breaking going on, it was running a lot slower than it did the last time we rode it. I had missed The Whizzer, Ragin Cajun, Spacely's Sprocket Rocket, and Little Dipper last time I was there so I made sure to get the credits this trip, but still, no Ragin Cajun credit because it's in SFA. I swear, American Eagle is a great ride, but it has the longest walk to the ride I've ever walked, the queue is ridiculous. I could go on and on about the other rides, but won't. I had a great time. I love this park. Goliath was freaking amazing, it was my first RMC I've ever rode...I'm definitely a fan now.

Yes, I agree. Ride Goliath in the back. It was unbelievably awesome! My wife and I visited last Friday and we both bought the platinum passes and they were a complete rip off. We spent $220 on those things and they only got us one ride on the Goliath, which we rode on the very front. At the end of the night, they had an extra three hours for season pass holders and stayed open to midnight, which we used to get our last ride of the night on Goliath in the back. We waited in line for an hour an a half, wasn't that bad. I would have waited again, but they closed the queue down an hour early and we couldn't get back in line. The park got totally awesome around 8pm because heavy fog rolled in and it made the park look like frightfest, plus it got cold so, it was basically October in June. It had been about two years since I last visited when X-Flight was added to the park. I still love that coaster...although I still consider Wild Eagle to be the best wing coaster. Raging Bull had too much breaking going on, it was running a lot slower than it did the last time we rode it. I had missed The Whizzer, Ragin Cajun, Spacely's Sprocket Rocket, and Little Dipper last time I was there so I made sure to get the credits this trip, but still, no Ragin Cajun credit because it's in SFA. I swear, American Eagle is a great ride, but it has the longest walk to the ride I've ever walked, the queue is ridiculous. I could go on and on about the other rides, but won't. I had a great time. I love this park. Goliath was freaking amazing, it was my first RMC I've ever rode...I'm definitely a fan now.

I'm curious why you only got one ride on Goliath with Flashpass? Was it just a time thing because of riding other rides...Or something else?

It's because they only give you one ride...that's it. You pay $110 for a platinum pass and it gives you one single ride on Goliath. The regular and gold pass does not allow you to ride Goliath. It is a complete rip off. If I could have, I would have rode Goliath all day long.

You can't double ride Goliath either like you can all the other rides on the platinum pass. I will say it's nice having the platinum pass and not getting out of your seat when you have front row on all the coasters, but it just took a big chunk of fun out of the whole experience when Goliath vanishes from your Qbot after one ride. Also, you can't double ride on V2 or Giant Drop either. They make you exit after each ride.

By your reaction I'm guessing that they don't disclose this at time of purchase, saving it as a pleasant surprise for you at the ride platform?

Seriously, I don't know what you think would be a better option for a new ride - especially THIS ride. If I were into paying extra fees to avoid waiting with the unwashed masses, I'd certainly be appreciative/excited that they at least had some option for me. Price point seems high, but it's all supply/demand....why not gouge those who can't be bothered with waiting? I know in your shoes there is no way you'd ever give them credit for this, but for the vast majority of guests that DO wait I think it's a smart move to not further slow up the wait time by allowing/selling multiple re-rides etc.

Sounds like a crappy deal to me, but that's the choice you make - again, while you'd never do it I certainly give them credit for giving some consideration to the thousands of people waiting in line (by not further clogging up the throughput with multiple rides for people buying their way to the front).

I bought the platinum passes online before the visit thinking they would sell out because of unlimited rides on Goliath...Stupid me, right? There was no disclaimer online telling me this except that Goliath would only be available on the platinum pass and that there would be no refunds. Well, when we got to the park they told us right before they handed us the qbots...talk about being pissed off. I couldn't return them for a refund so we were stuck with them, so we made the best time out of them possible. It was fun having them, I won't lie...But there was this big void after having spent so much for them. Also, the park closed at nine for everyone but stayed open to midnight for season pass holders. The qbots had to be returned by 9pm...and we couldn't use them afterwards even though we had season passes. That was another drawback. The park was nearly as crowded after 9pm as it was before 9pm, so it didn't really help. I know it sounds like I'm griping, and I'm not trying to...We had a really great time. I love this park. I love the rides. Really, the only hiccup all day was the qbot thing. Before you spend all that money, you should know that they only give you one pass-the-line on Goliath. That's all.

I bought the platinum passes online before the visit thinking they would sell out because of unlimited rides on Goliath...Stupid me, right? There was no disclaimer online telling me this except that Goliath would only be available on the platinum pass and that there would be no refunds. Well, when we got to the park they told us right before they handed us the qbots...talk about being pissed off. I couldn't return them for a refund so we were stuck with them, so we made the best time out of them possible. It was fun having them, I won't lie...But there was this big void after having spent so much for them. Also, the park closed at nine for everyone but stayed open to midnight for season pass holders. The qbots had to be returned by 9pm...and we couldn't use them afterwards even though we had season passes. That was another drawback. The park was nearly as crowded after 9pm as it was before 9pm, so it didn't really help. I know it sounds like I'm griping, and I'm not trying to...We had a really great time. I love this park. I love the rides. Really, the only hiccup all day was the qbot thing. Before you spend all that money, you should know that they only give you one pass-the-line on Goliath. That's all.

They need to disclose that in advance (the part about it being good for only ride). I can understand their reason for limiting to one but it needs to be in writing before you purchase it, especially for an online purchase. Someone else pointed out Platinum was good for two uses when X-Flight opened but I suppose with lesser capacity on Goliath they opted for just one. I may send off an email or two just to suggest they disclose that on the online purchase portal.