TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

"This element must absolutely piss off gravity" .... LOL!!!!

I have a question.

When going through that element while you are upside down do you feel like you are totally weightless or do you feel like you are being pulled down (or up in this case) into your seat?

I have a question.

When going through that element while you are upside down do you feel like you are totally weightless or do you feel like you are being pulled down (or up in this case) into your seat?

Ha, that is the perfect description for that element!

I felt like it was close to total weightlessness-I'll put it this way, my butt was totally off the seat. I could feel my thighs against the lap bar but that was it-it's as if the car was just stopped upside-down, that's close to what it feels like. With no over the shoulder restraints, it's amazing. Best part of any coaster I've ever ridden by far.

I have a question.

Ha, that is the perfect description for that element!

I felt like it was close to total weightlessness-I'll put it this way, my butt was totally off the seat. I could feel my thighs against the lap bar but that was it-it's as if the car was just stopped upside-down, that's close to what it feels like. With no over the shoulder restraints, it's amazing. Best part of any coaster I've ever ridden by far.

Thank you for that explanation, that really does sound amazing.

Great to read the Goliath reviews being positive. Not that I ever doubted that it would be otherwise. Medusa Steel Coaster is opening to rave reviews as well. Sounds like RMC has done it again (twice).

For those that rode Goliath during the commercial shoot how is the seat belts/restraints? Are they accommodating? Can a bigger person ride if they could get on every other ride at the park?

I would like to echo this! Would someone who can fit on Intamin Hyper coasters (Including Bizarro with it's massive lapbar) be okay to ride?

To prozach626 : here is the deal. I work full time, my partner works full time. I have two small kids who my parents took out of town for the week. I love the experience of being with the crowd and being there opening day. It is a story and an experience. I don't mind waiting in line it is excitement and low stress. 10 years later I can say I was there opening day. Considering I am in Indianapolis, I don't have another chance to go to Great America... It is an awesome deal it will be open. To each there own.

Makes sense to me. I meant nothing by it, I was just curious. The down fall to my coaster habit is that I'm not much for crowds, since I deal with the public in the worst way with my job.

That's pretty good luck that it worked out that you're going to be there opening day. Have a great time and let us know how you liked it!

I have never been denied access to a rollercoaster due to size, but it was a very close call for me on top thrill dragster. Which surprised me because on Insane Coaster Wars there looked to be people bigger than me on it. I am glad to know others compare the intamin rides too lol. That is why I asked about RMC restraints as I have never been on one and there are very few out. I saw a picture on a SF fan sight that showed a huge muscle man half naked posing as Goliath during the photo shoot so that is promising.

For those who have ridden Goliath and Outlaw Run, are the restraints the same? I'd heard the shin guard might be more comfortable on Goliath. I ask because my son is 6-6. He fit on OR but his legs were painfully pinned. Thanks.

Just to feed speculation here, Buccaneer Battle (the Mack Splash Battle that took the place of Déjà Vu) is officially listed as "closed for the season." Make of that what you will.

I rarely see anyone riding it, even during the hottest days in the summer.

To be fair, County Fair has always been the most generically themed area of the park. You have a pirate themed ride, two Americana themed rides, an air force themed ride, and soon a Roman themed ride all in the same area. (The rides being Buccaneer Battle, American Eagle and Revolution, X-Flight, and Goliath respectively.)

So I just now saw that Six Flags Great America is 25.00 to park. I know that Chicago is expensive, but I have been there before, and it isn't chicago it is in between Milwaukee and Chicago. This is more expensive than parking at Walt Disney World. I have seen I can get a deal at a Hotel that has a shuttle. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it work out? I may not have a problem waiting in line, but I am cheap and do everything to save a dollar. I have coke reward points for tickets to Cedar Point later. I'd rather walk a mile to the park from a hotel and safe the 25.00.

I honestly think that if BB does get removed, then a SkyScreamer will take its place. I honestly can't see them passing up on the name "Great American SkyScreamer" and it does match County Fair (and the available space) better than Mardi Gras.

That leaves Ragin Cajun's spot as a pretty good candidate for something like a Screamin' Swing in the future.

So I just now saw that Six Flags Great America is 25.00 to park. I know that Chicago is expensive, but I have been there before, and it isn't chicago it is in between Milwaukee and Chicago. This is more expensive than parking at Walt Disney World. I have seen I can get a deal at a Hotel that has a shuttle. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it work out? I may not have a problem waiting in line, but I am cheap and do everything to save a dollar. I have coke reward points for tickets to Cedar Point later. I'd rather walk a mile to the park from a hotel and safe the 25.00.

Gurnee is Chicagoland and there's actually quite a few cities and villages that are more pricey with things than the city itself. Especially nicer areas of Chicagoland like Gurnee. In the case of the parking though, that's just Six Flags milking every cent they can get because they know people will fill up most of the lot whether it was $15, $20, $25, or maybe even $30 to park. I don't think it's right to charge that amount, but people pay it so they don't really care. :/ As for the shuttle, I've heard good things about a couple hotels in the area and their shuttles.

To be fair, County Fair has always been the most generically themed area of the park. You have a pirate themed ride, two Americana themed rides, an air force themed ride, and soon a Roman themed ride all in the same area. (The rides being Buccaneer Battle, American Eagle and Revolution, X-Flight, and Goliath respectively.)

Out of all of those themes I feel that the pirates stick out the most. The American Eagle, Revolution and X-Flight, make sense in a fair. (At least to me they do.) But yeah, County Fair has always been a mess, or at least since I've been alive and at the park.

I used to stay at the Hampton Inn (before the prices got ridiculously high) and take the short walk to the park though at night it seems a bit creepy as there are no street lights on Grand Ave.

As for County Fair, when was it ever fully themed to America? Demon and the late Iron Wolf and Splashwater Falls doesn't/did not scream "America" either.

I actually liked Buccaneer Battle despite how tiring your arms get from shooting water at other riders and bystanders. If you want to "Americanize" the ride to fit County Fair then they should have gone with a Boston Tea Party or Revolutionary War theme.