TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^awesome! Thanks Robb. Makes it way easier for me than having to open up 5 different videos over and over again lol.

Yeah I don't know what the issue is but I can't even see any of these QuickTime videos on Chrome. So it's good to see the YouTube versions.

I was at the park today and was excited to see Goliath complete a couple test runs. It looks really fast. I'm also happy that a lot of the screeching has subsided as you can hear on the videos above. I also talked to a ride supervisor on Raging Bull as he was walking the queue into the station at the end of the night, and he said that the red train was on site, but they are not testing it yet. He also mentioned that they have tested with water dummies, but took them out.

This coaster just looks absolutely amazing. Makes me hate living in Phoenix even more!!!

I'm going to Arizona for a wedding in April next year. I take it there are no good themeparks near Phoenix?

This coaster just looks absolutely amazing. Makes me hate living in Phoenix even more!!!

I'm going to Arizona for a wedding in April next year. I take it there are no good themeparks near Phoenix?

There is an amusement park called Castles and Coasters that has like 2 roller coasters and a flume ride and a drop tower. Nothing major. We do have a Wet n Wild in North Phoenix and there are a few other water parks in Mesa and Tempe.

The closest thing to a GOOD coaster fix is Los Angeles.

There is an amusement park called Castles and Coasters that has like 2 roller coasters and a flume ride and a drop tower. Nothing major. We do have a Wet n Wild in North Phoenix and there are a few other water parks in Mesa and Tempe.

The closest thing to a GOOD coaster fix is Los Angeles.

Thank you for the info. Looks like I'm flying out from L.A on the way home then.

BREAKING NEWS.

Media day has been rescheduled for June 18, wednesday, and moments after this stroy started to spread,

THE ROOF OF GOLIATH's STATION CAUGHT FIRE. News crews and fire fighters are rushing to the scene.

image.thumb.jpg.1a23826dd427c9b5b7b4beaf45fdc096.jpg

BREAKING NEWS.

Media day has been rescheduled for June 18, wednesday, and moments after this stroy started to spread,

THE ROOF OF GOLIATH's STATION CAUGHT FIRE. News crews and fire fighters are rushing to the scene.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

To me, setting the media day so far from today shows that there are greater problems than just testing and the clearance/support issue. They were confident in the previous media day leaving only 3 or 4 days to test. Now that they've begun testing, they are leaving around 2 weeks. I don't know, but this is a bit of a red flag to me.

The roof on fire is very strange as well.

Can this ride possibly have any more setbacks? I just about had a heart attack when I first read the post about the coaster being on fire on FB. I pictured the whole ride going down in flames. Hope the station is still structurally sound, or this could cause more delays.

update from Marcus LeShock's FB page: Reports that there was a fire at the Goliath site at Six Flags Great America. Here is the official statement from the park...

"Earlier today there was a small fire on the roof of the Goliath station. Park personnel quickly contained and extinguished the fire and Gurnee Fire department then responded to investigate. The roof sustained minimal damage and there were no injuries. This will not affect the opening or future operation of the ride."

Photo of the damage here: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Fire-Reported-Near-Six-Flags-Great-America-Roller-Coaster-262149481.html

Edited by ilrider

BREAKING NEWS.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Gee, is this ride ever going to open? I know incidents like this can't be helped, but at this point in time, it is starting to get ridiculous.

At least the coaster itself wasn't harmed.