TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^

I concur. First row of the last car is the best place to ride Demon. You get a nice pop of air on the drop, the loops are pretty forceful, you get some nice zero g on the corkscrews and some extra leg room over the last row.

I'm disappointed that I can't get there soon enough.

Anyone know what fell off during the test run?

Whatever it was it was red or orange...

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401641379.497620.jpg[/attachment]

A track piece?? Hopefullu not

I'm disappointed that I can't get there soon enough.

Anyone know what fell off during the test run?

Whatever it was it was red or orange...

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401641379.497620.jpg[/attachment]

A track piece?? Hopefullu not

Nah. It had the flow of cloth or something like that

Am I the only one that thinks people are going to be disappointed? Gosh I hope I'm wrong but I think most people's hype is based off the big drop and zero G. Doesn't seem to be much substance other than that.

Sorry, I am being a negative nellie!

Personally I disagree. I don't particularly understand why people are so caught up on the length of the ride. El Toro has five really killer elements: first drop, two big airtime hills, rolling thunder drop, and the finale figure 8. This ride in all likelihood has six: first drop, overbank, airtime hill, dive loop, zero g stall, twist and shout. Since it's RMC each of those are likely to pack a punch, but if any one of them doesn't deliver, it still has as many good moments as Toro, minus the forceless over-engineered turnaround. Why is this not enough "substance" to make for a complete, mind-blowingly amazing new ride?

That speed already looked like it would deliver. I cant wait to see its full potential. There was a video posted that showed the train going through the fina overbank twist and shout, and this was the only part that looked slow. Most coaster do look slow from off ride, even when they are open to the pulic. So this thing will really feel fast from start to finish! As for the piece that flew off during the negative g float, maybe it was a decorative shield from the side of a car? Something nonessential obviously since the ride didnt come screatching to a halt.

After seeing the ride in action, I can't wait to ride Goliath. The elements on this ride just look unreal, especially the zero-g stall. It may look slow now, but most coasters seem to run a bit slow at first. I'm sure by the time the ride opens it will be moving just as fast as the other RMC coasters.

Remember how people said iRat was slow and short? They are both using polyurethane wheels and those wheels need to be warmed up. I believe they are also using test wheels to let the wheel axles get used to the high speed. Once it flies through the course, I think nobody will complain.

Good. I was thinking this looked slow, but if it speeds up, it should be just like Outlaw Run.

^^Didn't outlaw run already look seriously fast during the test runs? I know these were just the first, just asking.

That airtime looks like it will deliver some nice ejector!

^You're probably right, with the weight of the riders it should be faster.

does anybody know the best (cheapest) place to buy tickets?

Is the website the best bet, or is there a discount code to save money? i will also need a parking pass, as i don't want to fool around with getting my car towed to save $20.

I am planning to go wed june 11, as i will be in town for the LEGO convention in schaumburg. I live in Toronto.

If anybody local wants to go and hang out for the day, i would be happy to meet up. ( i am a big schwarzkopf fan and will probably aim for a dozen or so rides on the Whizzer)

thanks

doug

p.s. if you want any wonderland swag i am going tomorrow. (monday)

Just watching the test run makes me want to ride it more. Is the construction crew done now? Or are they going to be there through the testing process to?

I would imagine that the crew would stick around for testing, just to work out any "kinks" the ride may have. I know the ride will have to run for awhile before the state can sign off and before anyone can set foot in the train.

They still have to put up a support for the zero-g stall and they have to finish the last section of lift hill stairs.

Ok. I wasn't aware those two things needed to be done yet.

Can someone explain to me this missing support from the zero g stall story? Why would they throw a train through the structure if it isnt finished? If it isnt structurally sound? Or could you point out which piece is missing?

It's the first runs, with empty trains and people are already saying it is slow....

I don't get it, either. People said the same thing about Banshee, yet it turned out much faster and more forceful than expected. If that can happen with a B&M, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about with RMC.

^Actually I don't think anyone is calling this ride slow. If anything, some might be saying it ran slow in the video but acknowledge that it will get faster. I don't think anyone is complaining.

Am I the only one that thinks people are going to be disappointed? Gosh I hope I'm wrong but I think most people's hype is based off the big drop and zero G. Doesn't seem to be much substance other than that.

Sorry, I am being a negative nellie!

I see your points. I agree with the fact that it doesn't seem to offer much from a point of view, however it is all about the way it rides. Think each and every element of the coaster is probably going to be powerful, I'd rather have 6 powerful elements, as on Goliath, than some good some boring elements.

Well said my friend