TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Thrillseekers (the gift shop Goliath will exit through) opened up today. It includes Goliath apparel (shirts, hoodies, jackets), hats, cups/mugs, lanyards, keychains, pins, and gladiator themed costume pieces. Also, there WILL be an on-ride photo. The photo booth is located inside the gift shop. Overall, it looks much larger on the inside than it originally seemed in my opinion. It's not overflowing with unnecessary and irrelevant things, it's strictly all Goliath.

That's good to hear. I looked at the Goliath merchandise in Carousel Plaza Gifts last week and none of the T-shirts looked that great. I saw one shirt that was decent, but the image was the old rendering of Goliath's drop with the wooden supports instead of the steel. Hopefully there's some better ones in Thrillseekers since the merchandise is just exclusive to Goliath.

Do we know where the on-ride camera is going to be yet? My guess is either at the bottom of the first drop or the exit of the Zero-G stall since it enters a tunnel. I can see them placing it right under the roof of the tunnel. Another good place is the bottom of the dive loop.

Considering that they haven't even started testing yet...

You probably know where that sentence is going. EDIT: Maybe not. Who knew?

Edited by A.J.

Volunteer riders needed for Goliath on Friday, May 30 for commercial shoot. Riders must:

- Be at least 18 years of age

- Be available to be at Great America this Friday, May 30 at 8:30 a.m. OR 1:00 p.m.

- Be able to ride Goliath multiple times, back to back

If you are interested, send an e-mail with your head shot, height, shirt size, contact information and preferred time (8:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.) to OfficialSFGreatAmerica@gmail.com

Wait...so this commercial shoot has all it's information out and it's on the 30th. But they still haven't put out any information regarding the Media Day on the 29th?

Well, this commercial shoot is trying to get members of the public to do it. They don't have a list of people or anything. For the media day, it's not for the general public, so it's possible the people going to it already have some info, and even if they don't, the park knows who they are so they can get them the info.

I know I have to show up at 3am on May 29th. That is all I know about media day, and having done enough of these, that's usually about all the info I get. Most of the time I'm lucky to know what entrance to use. I'm sure the park will send info to Robb that will in turn be sent to everyone going from CTPR.

Edited by chadster

Thrillseekers (the gift shop Goliath will exit through) opened up today. It includes Goliath apparel (shirts, hoodies, jackets), hats, cups/mugs, lanyards, keychains, pins, and gladiator themed costume pieces. Also, there WILL be an on-ride photo. The photo booth is located inside the gift shop. Overall, it looks much larger on the inside than it originally seemed in my opinion. It's not overflowing with unnecessary and irrelevant things, it's strictly all Goliath.

will there be swords too?

Becuase its six flags they will probably have Goliath shirts with goliath from SFMM on them

No, they'll at least use a different wooden coaster. Probably Rolling Thunder.

That 3 am event is for club tpr riders. Ots an ERR. Media day is crom 9am until 1 pm may 29 with ribbon citting at 10am.

In English, please? I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb.

Becuase its six flags they will probably have Goliath shirts with goliath from SFMM on them

Six Flags has done similar things in the past, I remember when B:TR debuted at SFMM the tv commercials used footage from SFGAM's Batman. I remember getting to the park and wondering why the track was grey and thinking what crazy special effects they must've used

I just don't think I understand how this thing is supposed to be up and running in five days from now when it's not even 100% tracked.

Agreed.....won't they have to complete a certain amount of test runs/hours in order to get the ride certified before opening it up to the public? I can't see that happening in five days if they have'nt completed tracking yet. Unless they do test runs throughout the night for the next five days.

Anywho...I am excited to see the POV of this beast in the very near future and even more excited that I will be making my first ever trip to Great America later this year and will get the opportunity to ride Goliath

How do you think Goliath will stack up compared to the other Iron Horses? Having ridden Iron Rattler, I obviously have high hopes for Goliath but I feel like the ride's gonna be too short!

Goliath is a wooden coaster, not an iron horse.

I think it will be all kinds of awesome, to answer your question.

I just don't think I understand how this thing is supposed to be up and running in five days from now when it's not even 100% tracked.

Agreed.....won't they have to complete a certain amount of test runs/hours in order to get the ride certified before opening it up to the public? I can't see that happening in five days if they haven't completed tracking yet. Unless they do test runs throughout the night for the next five days.

Usually it's something like 200 hours per train, and there aren't even 200 hours between now and the preview later this week so I'm not sure how that's supposed to work out.

Mt. Olympus put the Timberliners on Hades 360 two days before opening and somehow got the ride to pass the state inspection in Wisconsin and opened the that death trap of a roller coaster to the public on opening day. I don't know if the requirements in Illinois or Wisconsin are different, but I couldn't imagine each states requirements being that much different.