TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Considering what the original concept art of the sign looked like, I'd say they did a pretty good job creating it. Sure it may not be themed to how we'd like it, but this sign will still provide a beautiful entrance to the ride. And like ilrider said, it's better than some of the other (especially flat) signs in the park.

Ohhhh that's pathetic... Look at the signs cedar fair has put in at leviathan, gate keeper, and banshee... This looks like a piece if paper... Blah!

Yes, the actual sign looks like a piece of paper, but the surrounding decorations look very good (for SF).

^Here is the original concept art - they did a nice job!

1390884134.jpg.c8fc90882be86a38f76d8d2345d7ba6a.jpg

It's certainly better than Raging Bull's entrance sign, which is just a large wooden board with the logo and bull on it I'm happy with what Six Flags Great America did

Ohhhh that's pathetic... Look at the signs cedar fair has put in at leviathan, gate keeper, and banshee... This looks like a piece if paper... Blah!

Who cares about the sign; it's an RMC! Now, let's see how many of those Cedar Fair has installed.

Who cares about the sign; it's an RMC! Now, let's see how many of those Cedar Fair has installed.

Seeeeeriously what are you complaining about!!!!!! That thing was prefabbed and molded and painted and its so heavy and substantial that they had to use a CRANE to assemble it. PAPER? It is not just a piece of wood with letters nailed on or a banner. I am annoyed that their "instagrammer" isn't a better photographer; I'd like to see it head-on, and finally, they could have waited until the sign was finished before they grammed it. Im more curious about the queue configuration than the sign. The sign is a success. Let's see how it fits overall.

Speaking of the queue, since this ride will be packed all summer, I think it would be awesome to turn the line into a dance party to make the time go by quicker. They needed to hire a DJ for Ignight last year, and I'm sure if they called him or her up again, they could have them come in Fridays through sundays to mix all afternoon.

I really hope this is open by May 24th... How likely is that in reality? I'm going on the 27th and will likely not be able to go back in the next few years. The construction crew seems to be moving pretty quickly though.

It will open on May 31st to the public at the earliest. May 24th was their original target date but they moved it to May 31st the other week because of poor weather over the winter.

That is literally one of the most disappointing things ever. I can't believe I am missing it by just a few days. Maybe they will have a random public testing/photoshoot on Tuesday?

That is a very good point! Who cares about signs when you have coasters!

Hmm... How many world-class giga coasters does Six Flags have installed?

On a more serious note, the I like the roman columns, but I imagine that the sign could be a bit better. Then again, this isn't a particularly themed ride.

If you like fancy signs, go to Cedar Fair parks. If you like kick butt rides (with cheap looking signs), go to Six Flags

I really hope this is open by May 24th... How likely is that in reality? I'm going on the 27th and will likely not be able to go back in the next few years. The construction crew seems to be moving pretty quickly though.

It will open on May 31st to the public at the earliest. May 24th was their original target date but they moved it to May 31st the other week because of poor weather over the winter.

That is literally one of the most disappointing things ever. I can't believe I am missing it by just a few days. Maybe they will have a random public testing/photoshoot on Tuesday?

Anything's possible, but I really really wouldn't expect it. They're going to be cutting it very close to even have it open by the end of the month.

Hmm... How many world-class giga coasters does Six Flags have installed?

On a more serious note, the I like the roman columns, but I imagine that the sign could be a bit better. Then again, this isn't a particularly themed ride.

Zero, But how many Major Intamin Steel Coasters drops have Six Flags had to rebuild?

If you like fancy signs, go to Cedar Fair parks. If you like kick butt rides (with cheap looking signs), go to Six Flags

I'll take a world-class coaster over a sign any day. Heck, in this case, they can could even hand-write the sign and I wouldn't care. Goliath should be awesome!

I'll take a world-class coaster over a sign any day. Heck, in this case, they could even hand-write the sign and I wouldn't care. Goliath should be awesome!

Okay, we have a record-breaking coaster coming.....and we had a major new addition with X-flight two years ago. True, there were a number of years with much ado about nothing....but we can't complain now. The sign could be a child's drawing for all I care...anyone in Chicago want a heavily themed 7 Dwarves coaster (which does look cool) or do we want some new adrenaline where Z-Force and Iron Wolf once stood? I myself will take the RMC thank you very much.

I'll take a world-class coaster over a sign any day. Heck, in this case, they could even hand-write the sign and I wouldn't care. Goliath should be awesome!

Agreed!!! This x 100.

I don't go to Six Flags for the theming anyhow. I go there to ride coasters with my super cheap season pass. If Disney or Universal came out with that entrance I'd be disappointed. This is Six Flags we're talking abought though!!

At least there aren't any got2b glu signs anywhere to be seen yet! Be careful what you wish for!!

This is an RMC woodie we are talking about! Even if the whole structure is covered by Göt 2B, Takis, Taco Bell, Season Pass etc, it's still that coaster! El Toro doesn't get a lot of complain about the train wrap and NTaG doesn't get many complain for being "Takis-The Ride" because they are awesome. This will be the same for Goliath.

At least this IS a Goliath sign, not a Götliath sign.