TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

This thread is starved of photographs of this coaster from angles other than the webcam, so I thought I would share a lovely photograph NOT taken by myself, but by member RobSFGAm over at sfgamworld.com. This was posted on April 30, so imagine that today the lift is connected to the first vertical tower. I think you coaster fans will appreciate it. Id go take the same picture for you, but my iphone doesn't do it justice.

robsfgam.thumb.jpg.a25860410384c4e8de4c3361498a9441.jpg

See the original post here, http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14450&start=1350

I think itll look really cool and unique when its finished. Right now, from this angle, not so much. But I think the engineering of it will look really impressive when the top of the lift has nothing below it/supporting it. And the way that the zero g stall will be suspended from a bridge over the final break run.

Just got back from physics day at the park today! I figure I should let you all know what's going on and how it was today, the first day for operations.

Pros: almost all coasters (minus X-Flight and Am. Eagle) were running two trains with quick lines, the coasters felt normal, food tasted good, Goliath has good progress,

Cons: Raging Bull and Am. Eagle both broke down around 1 and weren't open when we left at 3, some lines were slow because of new operators (to be expected), the IgNite stage was still set up (maybe for their new night parade?) which is an eyesore for that part of the park.

I don't have much else to say, I really enjoyed the day at the park and was pretty impressed

^ That's why they put in a motor that can run the chain at a good constant speed, handle the weight of the train and run consistently throughout the season. It's lot like taking care of the engine in a car. If you change the oil, make sure everything is in proper condition, and don't do things that puts stress on the car and engine. The car and engine will last a very long time. It won't give you any major problems.

I'll believe it when I see it.

The track is far from done and they want it to be open in less than a month? It doesn't even have a first drop yet, and given the amount of electrical work they probably need to do and the testing they need to do I'd take that date with a grain of salt.

The story was front page in the printed Chicago Tribine today. Thats a pretty big deal for a coaster!

I remember the American Eagle being in the paper when I was a kid. They used the entire page, similar to this, of a head on of both trains going down the drop.

image_4566.jpg

Gotta love topper track detail in a major newspaper