TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Even though that picture is a few days old I really like the look of the overbank structure. The track will only make it look more awesome.

The track is done on the overbank. Looks great. I just drove by it today and said hi.

^That's nice to hear that it's first years were good. The aging process hasn't been good to it, though. I wonder how it is up at SFA.

Rougher than I ever remember it being at Great America. The theming and effects are nice, though. And the station is designed better.

^That's nice to hear that it's first years were good. The aging process hasn't been good to it, though. I wonder how it is up at SFA.

I really liked it personally but my head was above the restraints so I can't tell exactly how rough it was. Other people didn't seem to be as thrilled about it..

Rougher than I ever remember it being at Great America. The theming and effects are nice, though. And the station is designed better.

How does it compare to Shockwave at Kings Dominion?

According to a scanner thread I subscribe to on FB, there is a structure fire at SFGAm, possibly an electrical building. Fully involved fire. Apparently a majority of the the fire is out, but the firemen are entering the music hall (Grand Music Hall I assume) to check for exposure. If anyone finds anything else out, please share.

Edited by ilrider

According to a scanner thread I subscribe to on FB, there is a structure fire at SFGAm, possibly an electrical building. Apparently a majority of the the fire is out, but the firemen are entering the music hall (Grand Music Hall I assume) to check for exposure. If anyone finds anything else out, please share.

What is the name of the scanner thread?

You kinda have to wonder if other wooden coaster manufacuturers have taken note of what RMC is doing and if they're making strides to catch up

Well there's Hades 360...