TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

That track for the overbank looks so utterly unique and insane... does it kind of remind anyone else of

3_86.jpg

Crystal Beach Cyclone? Not that I'm one of those people that kind of obsesses over that ride but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

I'm starting to think the lift will be up by the 31st with track work being completed by end of April. They still have to go through and pump the grout in all the track once they get it up. Testing should begin the 1st week of May or so IMO.

Glad to see we have a construction management expert here in the forums.

That track for the overbank looks so utterly unique and insane... does it kind of remind anyone else of

3_86.jpg

Crystal Beach Cyclone? Not that I'm one of those people that kind of obsesses over that ride but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

I didn't actually! This is going to be way better hahaha

The closest thing I can compare the first turn to in terms of banking is Leviathan's first turnaround. It looks great, I can't wait to see the dive loop finished as well. Nice to see they can make so much construction progress in one day.

Seeing it in person is something else entirely... I took these pictures just this afternoon. You can pretty much see Goliath's overbank and even the tip of the dive loop as a part of the SFGAm skyline in the distance when approaching the park from any direction... when the lift goes up, it's going to be stunning.

IMG_4521.thumb.JPG.2162d9fe5348c5ba4d5552fb74bdd03e.JPG

From the behind employee lot fence.. my jaw was on the floor; the structure is massive...

IMG_4520.thumb.JPG.819204aa69f7c91530adc3b434a82e23.JPG

Rails and track elements in the distance, no sign of trains onsite anywhere

IMG_4524.thumb.JPG.e31d01cc21bfb8de41785c6b8cb8b06b.JPG

Hard to see, but if you look between the two towers of V2, the angled line and large block structure is Goliath's overbank... again, this is going to be quite a nice addition to the skyline from this view.

Seeing it in person is something else entirely... I took these pictures just this afternoon. You can pretty much see Goliath's overbank and even the tip of the dive loop as a part of the SFGAm skyline in the distance when approaching the park from any direction... when the lift goes up, it's going to be stunning.

Where was the 3rd picture taken?

Where was the 3rd picture taken?

From the US Rte 41 Overpass on Washington Street, or right here:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/42.3596929,-87.8935531//@42.3596433,-87.8958544,18z/data=!4m3!4m2!1m0!1m0