TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

It's RMC. Arn't they from Idaho or some place up in the great white north? That's pro'lly like Summer to those guys.

Couldn't agree more! I wouldn't be surprised if they are out there in T-shirts!

This is finally taking shape! The overbank looks huge, cant wait until the hill begins.

It's RMC. Arn't they from Idaho or some place up in the great white north? That's pro'lly like Summer to those guys.

Couldn't agree more! I wouldn't be surprised if they are out there in T-shirts!

This is finally taking shape! The overbank looks huge, cant wait until the hill begins.

That reminds me of a Boy Meets World episode where an Eskimo is eating an Ice Cream Cone in January.

The new website layout for Great America is up.

And no Ragin' Cajun. Oh well, Goliath is coming and I really like the new website!

"I'm really going to miss Ragin Cajun!" said no one ever.

Goliath is really coming along! Judging from all the awesome construction updates, we've all underestimated how tall this guy is going to be.

The new website layout for Great America is up.

And no Ragin' Cajun. Oh well, Goliath is coming and I really like the new website!

"I'm really going to miss Ragin Cajun!" said no one ever.

Goliath is really coming along! Judging from all the awesome construction updates, we've all underestimated how tall this guy is going to be.

I looked at the ride list and Ragin' Cajun wasn't on it. I liked Ragin' Cajun by the way! It was a fun ride! Obviously Goliath will be better, but Ragin' Cajun will be missed (by me at least).

^Hank Salemi said to look for expansion in Ragin' Cajun's spot either next year or in 2016. He really wants an interactive dark ride so we may see something like that go there. I didn't think the space was big enough, but TDK's building could actually fit there so I don't see why a smaller dark ride couldn't fit. Of course, a SkyScreamer is always a possibility too.

^Hank Salemi said to look for expansion in Ragin' Cajun's spot either next year or in 2016. He really wants an interactive dark ride so we may see something like that go there. I didn't think the space was big enough, but TDK's building could actually fit there so I don't see why a smaller dark ride couldn't fit. Of course, a SkyScreamer is always a possibility too.

I remember in an interview a while ago they said that they had looked into building a dark ride at the park before. The only place big enough at the time would have replaced the arcade near Batman, but for it to be popular they would have had to use some IP or brand. I'm not sure if that still holds true today.

I always thought the best place for a dark ride would have been in the Southwest Territory where TrailBlazer used to be. A western themed shooting dark ride would fit right in.

With some of the recent dark ride technologies we've seen outside of Disney and Universal parks, I think they could make a unique story line to go with an exciting interactive dark ride without using a brand name and still have it be popular. I would love to see a western shooter in ST like you said.

It's interesting how Goliath's track is not being installed in one section, like they installed track at the bottom of the drop and in this section of the Twist and Ahout. Nothing wrong eith it, but it is interesting. Do other wooden coasters get constructed like that?

It's interesting how Goliath's track is not being installed in one section, like they installed track at the bottom of the drop and in this section of the Twist and Ahout. Nothing wrong eith it, but it is interesting. Do other wooden coasters get constructed like that?

They actually removed the track that was installed back in December just the other day. I'm not really sure why.