TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I don't know if it has been asked already, but what are those two flat wooden sculptures at the bottom of the picture? Are they the beginning of the next hill of the ride?

Right now those platforms are being used to assemble the bents and then they stack them up. After they get so many done, they bring a crane over and start lifting them into place. The overbanked turn will soon occupy that space.

^Yes, I don't think RMC make floater hills.

That pretty much sums up how I felt after riding Outlaw Run. Either you are firmly in your seat, or you are completely out of your seat. There is none of this "gentle floating air" on Outlaw Run. Given how much I love that ride, I hope this one lives up to their reputation.

According to the Sun Times who spoke with SFGAm PR Katy Enrique, Goliath is set to open Memorial Day weekend (which we already knew) which is May 24-26 but have an invite only unveiling on May 22nd. I'm assuming that's a media day. I wonder if they are still planning a season pass holder preview like Brandon Bruce told me.

Source

According to the Sun Times who spoke with SFGAm PR Katy Enrique, Goliath is set to open Memorial Day weekend (which we already knew) which is May 24-26 but have an invite only unveiling on May 22nd. I'm assuming that's a media day. I wonder if they are still planning a season pass holder preview like Brandon Bruce told me.

Source

I hope Six Flags will let TPR members be invited like with Batman Backwards and Goliath Announcement.

The Goliath crew hasn't worked since last Sunday. Looks like the park gave them a nice Holiday break which is obviously the right thing to do. I'm excited to see the rest of the ride take shape over the next few months.

Also, I hope everyone has a blessed 2014.

^Probably not a record, close maybe, but still very cold!! We've had a lot of snow and cold already this winter, and they've gotten a lot more work done than I though they would up to this point. I'm really surprised they've built as much as they have!

I'm glad to see some more progress. I don't know the forecast for the Chicago area, but here in Central Missouri, we are expecting a bad winter weather weekend. I'm so ready for this stupid Season to be over.