TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I have a quick interview with Brandon Bruce from the park's PR later so if anyone has any questions regarding Goliath or the 2014 season, let me know.

Will there be ANY theme to match the train design or will it just be generic?

Was there really any discussion about giving American Eagle the Iron Horse or was it just a coverup?

Will igNite be returning?

What were the clues in the teaser videos, since I don't know if anyone figure them out?

I'll ask about Ignite and the theme. Brandon said in an interview on August 29th that the rumors about American Eagle were started when a staff member put up fliers at the station that the blue side would be closing early. That was just a notification for the staff to let them know that was the last day before they switch the blue train around backwards.

I have a quick interview with Brandon Bruce from the park's PR later so if anyone has any questions regarding Goliath or the 2014 season, let me know.

Will there be ANY theme to match the train design or will it just be generic?

Was there really any discussion about giving American Eagle the Iron Horse or was it just a coverup?

Will igNite be returning?

What were the clues in the teaser videos, since I don't know if anyone figure them out?

I'll ask about Ignite and the theme. Brandon said in an interview on August 29th that the rumors about American Eagle were started when a staff member put up fliers at the station that the blue side would be closing early. That was just a notification for the staff to let them know that was the last day before they switch the blue train around backwards.

I thought this was just about Goliath, But since you opened the Floodgates:

- Do they plan to repaint Batman?

- Can Eagle Red run backwards?

- What is a Ride that Great America thought about but never happened?

- Are there plans to finish X-Flight's Hanger?

- Can Glow in the Park Parade return?

- Did SFGAm decide Batman backwards or did B&M offer it to SFGAm?

- Will Screams & Dreams be out on DVD/ How did you come up with the idea?

I have a quick interview with Brandon Bruce from the park's PR later so if anyone has any questions regarding Goliath or the 2014 season, let me know. Also, it appears they have more supports up for Goliath but it's hard to see on the webcam because of the way the clouds are spreading the sunlight right on the camera.

How long has this ride been planned?

Will there be a test seat outside?

Will there be lights in the tunnel?

Why did you pick the name Goliath?

A couple of these were answered from interviews back in late August. They chose the name Goliath because they felt it was fitting for the tallest wooden coaster. There will be a test seat outside. Gary Pohlman of maintenance said the ride was in planning for a couple years. I'll ask about the lights in the tunnel though. Good question!

I couldn't make it cause I was almost passed out from walking in 90 degree weather and no sleep for 24 hours.

I have a quick interview with Brandon Bruce from the park's PR later so if anyone has any questions regarding Goliath or the 2014 season, let me know. Also, it appears they have more supports up for Goliath but it's hard to see on the webcam because of the way the clouds are spreading the sunlight right on the camera.

-Is Goliath on schedule to be open for opening day?

-Will it open exclusively to season pass holders before opening to the public?

-Do you know any details about the theming around the queue or station?

TPR will be on site at Six Flags Great America on Monday for a construction tour of Goliath! We'll have photos on our Facebook and Twitter as well as a full report on the TPR Forums once we are back!

OMG that is so cool! Its going to be great to see the site in different perspectives than what the web cam offers! I cant wait!

I wonder if any of SFGAm's coasters would receive seat belts for 2014...I can see Raging Bull or Superman-Ultimate Flight getting them, even though I know they are not necessary.

I sent it in the questions earlier so I could get a response by this morning. Brandon was really quick to answer. I chose the 10 questions that were asked the most from this site and mine since I didn't want to bother him too much. Here you go:

-When will Ragin’ Cajun be disassembled this off season and what will go in its spot for next season?

Ragin’ Cajun is actually already dismantled. There are no concrete plans to use the space next season.

-Is Ignite returning for next season and if so, will it have a new plot?

No, IgNight will not be returning. However, we will be offering a nighttime parade.

-What is going to happen to Necropolis for Fright Fest since part of Picnic Grove was taken out for Goliath?

I don’t have specifics on what they plan to do, however it should remain largely unchanged as the section removed was very small.

-Will Goliath’s track be painted orange like it shows in the renderings?

I do not have this information

-Will any of the rides be repainted or receive any special treatments this off season?

We plan to complete the carousel paint job that was initiated last season.

-Will Goliath have seat belts or will it just be the lap bar?

-Will you expand onto the existing queue line that was used for Iron Wolf to make it longer for Goliath?

-Will there be a season pass exclusive opening for Goliath like the park had for X-Flight?

Yes, we are planning for a season pass preview of some sort. However we are still in the planning phase so we do not have any confirmed event to share.

-Will Goliath have theming around the ride, entrance, and/or station?

Yes, the station exterior will be completely redone. The ride will also receive a brand new portal style entry.

-When do you think we’ll see Goliath’s lift hill topped off?

We hope to be topped off in early to mid-march.

Thank you to Brandon Bruce and for everyone who sent in those great questions. My Original Post

TPR will be on site at Six Flags Great America on Monday for a construction tour of Goliath! We'll have photos on our Facebook and Twitter as well as a full report on the TPR Forums once we are back!

It's going to be hard for me to resist the urge to look at the updates while I am work on Monday.

It's going to be hard for me to resist the urge to look at the updates while I am work on Monday.

Couldn't have said it better myself, but then I remembered that I'm in Sweden, So I'll be home before those photos are up

I find it interesting as to where they started the vertical construction. I expected them to start with the lift hill.

At least it hints the Glow in the Park Parade is returning!

Hopefully it also comes back to SFSTL as well but I'm not betting on it

It would be great to get it back at SFStL! I never got to see it!

A beautiful sunset right behind a beautiful coaster being built. Gotta love those.

They really are great. Makes the construction look majestic as hell.

If it's already this photogenic with just a few bents in place, I can't imagine how nice it will look when it's completed.

I find it interesting as to where they started the vertical construction. I expected them to start with the lift hill.

I thought the same thing. Maybe they are starting in the middle and working out so they equipment can get out? I know it sounds stupid but it doesn't seem like there is much room on either side of the ride.