TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Not sure if you guys saw the contest SFGAm is hosting on their Facebook, but they are looking for a "Goliath Insider" to update their YouTube channel all winter long. Here is my video entry, thank you for your support! Vote for SCOTT SCHAFFER as your Goliath Insider!

I voted for you, Scotty. You are the in the lead with votes right now, so you have good chances of winning and, hopefully, you do win.

Yeah the cars look great, in the other photo Robb posted it appears more padding are on the bottom of the restraints which is great...

Yes! I also was looking at the other photo and it looked shaped and padded. Glad my suggestion to RMC (I'm sure many others also provided a similar comment) is going to come to fruition. IMO if Outlaw Run didn't have the shin bar, that ride would be much better. I'll be there in May to test them out on Goliath - can't wait.

I know that this coaster and Banshee are the main two "big" new US coasters for 2014, but both look outstanding. I look forward to giving them a try next year if at all possible. And I really have my fingers crossed that SFOG might be considering something like this to replace Georgia Cyclone!!!

I really have my fingers crossed that SFOG might be considering something like this to replace Georgia Cyclone!!!

That would be awful. The topper track that they started (and not sure if they finished- I last visited near the end of 2012 season) was the ideal solution IMO, and should be the extent of any Rocky-Mountaining for Ga. Cyclone. It wasn't too long ago that it was far and away the best of the remaining stateside Cy-Clones, original included. Patch it up a bit and it'll be as good as anything that would replace it.

If anything, they should try Rocky-Mountaining Superman. ;- )