TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

FYI - TPR WILL have a tour to SFGAm next year!

Goliath looks like a great coaster, and more then enough reason for me to get back to SFGAm. I was actually already looking at flights and parks near SFGAm to make a mini trip. So I'm glad to hear TPR will be going back so soon for a tour.

Edited by Mrlittle

Awesome that there will be a SFGAm TPR trip!! Hopefully I'll be able to make it up there, even if it's just for that day!.

I haven't been on an RMC yet, it's pretty awesome the first one I will get on will be in my home park, I'm super excited! I can't wait for Goliath's opening day, I can already feel the sickness coming on that will cause me to miss work that day.

As already mentioned, if you get to the park before opening and make Goliath your first ride of the day, the wait will be under 30 minutes no problem.

SFGAm have potentially the best wood coaster on earth coming in 2014, here's hoping they don't trim the life out of it like Rageless Bull.

Chicago is always a cool city to visit, so now I have an incetive to go to SFGAm as well.

When Outlaw Run was announced last year, I was skeptical of the ride and thought it looked gimmicky. However, that ride has gotten nothing but positive reception. While my preference is still for more traditional wooden coasters (at least until I actually get to ride a Rocky Mountain), Goliath looks spectacular, possibly better than Outlaw Run (although that would really depend on how it runs). Until today, Banshee was my pick for best 2013 coaster, but Goliath definitely looks like the better ride.

FYI - TPR WILL have a tour to SFGAm next year!

Unless there's a really appealing European trip (Scandi would probably be out of my budget) I think I'll shoot for this next year. Not saying this is what the trip should necessarily be, but I was playing around with Google maps the other day and based on the various 2014 announcements an Atlanta to Chicago trip (with a detour to Kings Island) looked like it could make a great line-up.

Edited by rcdude

This is awesome!! I rode all 3 RMCs this year, loved them all, and Six Flags Great America is currently my favorite Six Flags park that I've visited. So the news that my favorite Six Flags park is getting a crazy RMC is nothing but good news to me.

I canot wait for 2014 to get here. Im so excited for this ride, Rocky Mountain has built (IMO) the most insane coasters on the planet, and this ride will be no different. I would have never in a Million years thought Six Flags Great America would got a Rocky Mountain coaster. Im so thankful that Six Flags is building this coaster.

Any chance we could get one last Bash Event!

Based on the pictures, I'll make the guess that it IS reusing Z-Force's old station. Which would be awesome.

This looks to me like the wooden version of Batman. Not much in the way of negative Gs, but a ton of positive Gs. And I'm totally okay with that.

Based on the pictures, I'll make the guess that it IS reusing Z-Force's old station. Which would be awesome.

This looks to me like the wooden version of Batman. Not much in the way of negative Gs, but a ton of positive Gs. And I'm totally okay with that.

One thing I love about RMC rides is that you'll find airtime in the most unsuspecting places. I think there will be surprises.

^^The Z-Force/Iron Wolf station will be used- in the video posted by Scott on the previous page Hank Salemi confirms this. He also said the trains were designed by RMC as well, so I'd expect them to be similar to the Outlaw Run trains.

Has anyone heard anything about a closure date for Ragin Cajun? I'd assume that being so small it will run through the end of the season, though I'm surprised the park hasn't yet confirmed its removal.

One thing I love about RMC rides is that you'll find airtime in the most unsuspecting places. I think there will be surprises.

I've not watched the POV, but based on the still images, I'm penciling in the second (lower) overbanked turn for some delightful forces.

And the winner for best new Six Flags addition for 2014, and possibly best new overall addition is...Goliath at Six Flags Great America. Seriously, this thing is going to rock. It even made the news on CNN last night. This just put SFGA on my radar, and I see it will be on a TPR trip next year, hmm. PA to Chicago trip? I really like this relationship Six Flags is having with RMC, first SFOT, then SFFT, now SFGA. Will we hear an announcement next Summer in CA for the next RMC project? I'm also glad this RMC is different from the other ones and has different elements than Outlaw Run so you have to ride both to compare. A Midwest Coaster trip is near the top of my list - probably the only reason for me wanting to visit the Midwest (besides Chicago of course).