TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

As big a CP fanboy as I am, I have to say that SFGAm has pulled out all the stops on this one.

Maybe eventually, CP will do a makeover on Mean Streak once they know the RMC have proved themselves long-term (maintenance, cost, reliability...)?? But I guess I shouldn't open that can of worms in the wrong thread!

I'm glad they're going with orange track - matches the other behemoth of a ride on the other side of the park!

It looks cool and all, but I just hate the way things are going with more wood coasters having inversions...

Variety is the spice of life! We can still have "traditional" woodies. I'm sure Thunderbolt will still be my favorite woodie, but this ride will be awesome. Heck, if American Eagle runs this October like it has the last 2 Octobers, it still may be the best woodie in the park! That run home (on Eagle red, when those brakes are off) is "Voyage meets Phoenix"!

Edited by GayCoasterGuy

When you're riding an RMC, you only need 1 minute... 1 minute because its so intense. 1 minute in heaven is better then 30 seconds in heaven. A lot of you are saying things like, "is that it?" But we know what you're really saying. "Aww yeah, thats it." Then you say you want some more. Not surprisingly. You'll get back in line and wait another 2 hours to do it all over again.

I have no problem with short roller coasters. Batman is my current favorite in the park and Iron Wolf was always a favorite for me. 3100 ft isn't exactly tiny, neither is that 180 ft drop. Add all the crazy fun this one will do and my guess is I'll have a new favorite. Dang, it does feel like Christmas!

It looks cool and all, but I just hate the way things are going with more wood coasters having inversions...what's wrong with just having some heavy banked/overbanked turns and airtime hills instead of dive loops and zero g rolls? Idk...wood coasters without inversions remind me of better times, and these new rides aren't helping matters. Son of Beast was understandable because they were trying for something so immense and over the top, but stuff like this is just depressing. I mean, El Toro doesn't have any inversions and it worked out pretty well.

An element is an element. What does it matter if it goes upside down or not? Does going upside down really change a ride that much? It's not the inversion that makes the ride different, or better. It's the flow of the intense elements, which sometimes comes more easily or better using an inversion.

After riding so many roller coasters, they become monotonous. RMC is changing the game to bring a fresh new ride experience, as opposed to the same turns and elements.

Did anybody else think the 180 on the camelback turned so quick that it might be a little uncomfortable? It might have just been the POV, but this ride looks absolutely insane! I bet the backseat is going to have some hellish airtime on the first drop.

The train in the animation clearly didn't have the right pacing, I'm sure it will turn out fine!

Seriously considering a Midwest trip sometime in the next few years, with this and Outlaw Run, and some other parks in between!

I feel so spoiled. This pic makes me drool.

Having a potential world class wooden coaster 30 mins away, and at my home park, 2 years after X-flight. I don't know how anyone, especially people who visit the park regularly can complain.

Just finished watching the POV video of Goliath, and all I have to say is...

... ....

Looks like I should've planned my Midwest trip for 2014 instead of last month, especially when factoring in Banshee (though mostly for Goliath).

Oh well, just one more reason to get back to SFGAm!

Rearranging my plans to make sure I get on this next year. I retract my statement above.....We're in a "Golden Age" of incredibly high quality rides.

I'd love to see what RMC would do with a terrain coaster like Boulder Dash. I know Outlaw Run is a terrain coaster, but not in the same way as Boulder Dash.

I cannot begin to express how excited I am for this ride. I fell in love with RMC's work after my first lap around Outlaw Run, and if this thing is even half of what Outlaw Run is, we're in for a treat. I do not foresee the length being a problem at all, its all about the pacing. Look at B&M inverts, I think Batman is a superior product than Raptor, because the pacing is right on Batman. The same can be said about other rides like X Flight and Gate Keeper. I think the name Goliath is solid for a monster like this one, as its not even used anywhere geographically near Great America. The elements look absolutely insane, and I am confident this ride will track even better than we can imagine. I found Outlaw's trains to be comfortable and accommodating, and I imagine these trains will be too. Is it Summer 2014 yet?

Wow. The first drop looks like a wood version of Skyrush.

Dive Loops are one of my favorite elements. And the upside down element just after the dive loop looks surreal - inverted airtime!

My only complaint is the queue to get on this thing is going to be extremely long. I've only been to SFGam twice, both on school days, and the lines were ridiculous. The second time I had a flash pass which made re-rides possible.

Looks like RMC is systematically going around the Six Flags chain and fixing their coasters, perhaps the Roars will be on their list of fixes. At least Colossus is rideable although not that exciting.