TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sasquatch.

Yes! Very good name. How about Big Foot?

I think Sasquatch sounds more Canadian...

Six Flags and Jack Link's Jerky presents, "Riding with Sasquatch".

I actually had the same idea, but I didn't feel like posting anything cheesy on the forums.

I thought Wild Eagle was much more thrilling and altogether fun than the ride on GateKeeper. The initial drop on Wild Eagle was tremendous, and literally took my breath away with all the force. The ride on Wild Eagle was also smoother than any other ride I have been on. GateKeeper rode much rougher and did not have any really good elements other than going through the keyholes. Without the keyholes that ride is nothing. (BTW, sorry to have this posted on the SFGAm thread)

Here's how I rank the WingRiders I've been on:

1. X Flight

2. Gate Keeper

3. X Raptor

4. Wild Eagle

Keep in mind, none of these would even make my top 50 coasters!!! Possibly even my top 100. Gate Keeper may have gotten the edge over X-Flight if it hadn't been so terribly rough!! Hanno and I had the worst ride ever on it.

That's interesting, my ride on GateKeeper was much smoother than my ride on X Flight. I guess may have been due to the outer seat ride on X-flight and an inner seat ride on GateKeeper. Although I wasn't the only one who thought this.

1. GateKeeper

2. WIld Eagle(I enjoyed it, I understand this could be seen as less thrilling)

3. X Flight

I thought Wild Eagle was much more thrilling and altogether fun than the ride on GateKeeper. The initial drop on Wild Eagle was tremendous, and literally took my breath away with all the force. The ride on Wild Eagle was also smoother than any other ride I have been on. GateKeeper rode much rougher and did not have any really good elements other than going through the keyholes. Without the keyholes that ride is nothing. (BTW, sorry to have this posted on the SFGAm thread)

I would focus more on Elissa's quote below rather than her 1-4 ranking.

Keep in mind, none of these would even make my top 50 coasters!!! Possibly even my top 100. Gate Keeper may have gotten the edge over X-Flight if it hadn't been so terribly rough!! Hanno and I had the worst ride ever on it.

Which would fit perfectly if the ride's entrance was in Yukon Territory since Yukon is Canadian.

Exactly. Iron Wolf's entrance was built in the wrong spot. I don't know if they have room for it there, but that would make the most sense. I don't get why a wolf would be in a county fair.

In my opinion it would be cool if the name had some connection to Iron Wolf, but not "Iron Wolf 2.0" or "Iron Wolf Reborn" or something like that.

^ Possibly. Iron Wolf was steel, this coaster is wood. They use the both station. This ride is using Iron's Wolf's location. Come to think of it, that would be a good name. I like it.

Which would fit perfectly if the ride's entrance was in Yukon Territory since Yukon is Canadian.

I really like this idea.

I wonder what the size of the trains are gonna be, iron wolf had a pretty short station. (the Intamin trains being 4 across saw to that) Are there any wooden coasters with 4 across ever? Stupid question I know but you never know nowadays.

I don't think so, but that would be interesting, the first wooden coaster with four riders across.

I have big expectations for this rides capacity. I love 2wide trains but hope they are very very long. Long trains create more forces and more varity of forces based on seats. I hope it has near record length trains for capacity and ride quality. I love the hanging feeling in the front of a long train, forces in the back, and sight of a long train esp. In an inversion. Since this will clearly be the most popular ride in the park... and most likely only two train operation I expect some insane cue lines if it uses short trains.