TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Woohoo! Motion passes! No tunnel.

Were they planning on a tunnel or something? That part was hard to understand?

No plans for a tunnel. A board member suggested dropping the height of the lift 40 ft. by having it go 40 ft. underground, so the lift was 125 ft. above ground, thus, no need for the height variance (which is for anything above 125 ft). Silly idea that's not practical. Doesn't matter now, as the motion for the height variance passed.

Now, to wait for the 29th!

Edited by ilrider

Is the coaster still technically going under ground level without a tunnel? Like having a lift height of 165' but a drop of 180'?

EDIT: Or is the drop going to be just 165'? The height variance drawing makes it look like it does go beneath. But I could be wrong.

Edited by chickenbowl

Is the coaster still technically going under ground level without a tunnel? Like having a lift height of 165' but a drop of 180'?

Does not sound like it or look like it from the diagram, though I cannot read the heights on the diagram. Anyone at the meeting who can chime in?

Does not sound like it or look like it from the diagram.

Look at the valleys for every other part of the ride, then look at the bottom of the first drop. I think it certainly looks lower.

That twitter pic appeared to have the bottom of the first drop below the bottom of the lift entrance by a decent margin.(scaled down in size it was pretty noticeable)

Look at the valleys for every other part of the ride, then look at the bottom of the first drop. I think it certainly looks lower.

Yeah, I did notice that, but the bottom of the other hills could just start higher. We know there is no "tunnel" according to the livestream, but "below grade" was never addressed directly I guess.

That looks like one steep first drop, and plenty of airtime hills, and possibly at least one inversion! I am getting excited!

One lady went on and on about wanting to know if the ride was going to go from south to north or from north to south. It looks like it will go both ways (it is an out and back coaster I think), plus I don't think it would make much of a difference anyways.