TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

It's looking like it will be called Goliath. It also fits in with the clues of the texts before each video smashing into the rock, the employee who keeps getting into trouble each video is named "David", and the beginning of the 3rd teaser they showed GIANT Drop. I was hoping it would be an original name but oh well. As long as the coaster is crazy awesome, that's all that matters.

You can see Deja Vu's loop to the left of Columbia Carousel, and RMC did build Aftershock when it moved to Silverwood...

...Deja Vu is coming back!

Goliath is sort of an appropriate name if the coaster ends up being what we think it is, even if the name is lame and overused. Hey, it's still a way better name than "Flight Deck"!!

Edited by DanM64

I actually like the name Goliath for this ride because at 165 feet tall it will actually be a giant among wood coasters at the fourth tallest in the world. And if the rumors about biggest drop and fastest speed are true, even better.

Unlike some of the other Goliaths this ride will actually be... goliath.

Hopefully their PR department is just throwing us for a loop and it won't have some dumbass name like Goliath or Titan. SF Great America doesn't deserve that!

Ahh screw it, if it's an El Toro clone, I wouldn't care if it's called Grape Flavored Chewy Money Maker.

We're getting Revolution and Tatsu!!!?

1175237_10151541655361356_1362651585_n.jpg

Finally, 2 of Anton's crowning achievements in one park. I'm sure Great America will treat Revolution correctly

And Deja Vu is apparently rising from the grave!

I also enjoyed knowing from video 3 that their park president handles all employee discipline issues.

With this addition, that makes the wooden coaster count at the park 4 (or 5 if you count AE as 2 coasters). This isn't just a high number of any wooden coasters but very good wooden coasters. I mean, Little Dipper isn't more than a kids coaster but it is a piece of Chicagoland history. Viper is one of the best cyclone styled wooden coasters if not the best. American Eagle is my favorite coaster in the park though it could use some paint, retracked helixes, and an updated station. All of the wooden coasters at the park are great so I'm thrilled to have one that has the potential to not only be the best at the park but one of the best in the world.

Do enthusiasts ever show up to the meeting and support the park? Not that it will matter if they don't when the park generates $2 million in tax revenue for Gurnee. I only live 15 minutes away but will just watch it online. Want to be with the wife and kids at home.