TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

In the way of space, there is no reason they couldn't make the track interact with the log flumes and / or remove one or both of them for it, which would free up a tremendous amount of space.

I am at least somewhat surprised that they would be talking about creating a wooden coaster where it would actually be nearest the houses.

In the way of space, there is no reason they couldn't make the track interact with the log flumes and / or remove one or both of them for it, which would free up a tremendous amount of space.

I am at least somewhat surprised that they would be talking about creating a wooden coaster where it would actually be nearest the houses.

I don't think they have to worry about the houses cause Iron Wolf made a really loud B&M 'roar' and the houses are more towards Superman/Dark Knight. I remember the park has sound complaints from V2 but the Village of Gurnee sided with the park. There's nothing to worry about.

I'm really glad that it's not a launch coaster. I do want a launch coaster don't get me wrong, I just don't want it there. What would be awesome though is when they remove Demon (It's really a matter of when not if, not that I don't like the ride) they do somewhat of a redo and build a brand new Multi-Launch throughout Demons old layout. It would be awesome to shoot out of the Tunnel of Lights, they could add other special effects and keep it themed to the Demon! The Demons gonna getcha!

But back to the point really excited for this ride, for it will probably become the Best Wooden Coaster in the World.

^^^^^That sure looks like a match to me. Great catch!!! The more I see, the more excited I am for the 29th. I've never been on an RMC, and I was really looking forward to making the trip to trying out the first 3. I still plan to, but the thought of having one on my home park is awesome! I'm really curious to see how the RMC coasters stack up against El Toro.

I think the location in the park is perfect, I just hope they don't go overboard with inversions. As awesome as Outlaw Run's barrell rolls look, I would rather have only a couple of them, and a whole bunch of ejector air hill goodness.

In the first video after cam 72, it switches to cam 85. 81 is the steepest angle of a wooden coaster.

Also in the second video, it switches from 5 to 8 to 29 to 2013. So 8/29/2013 is the date of the announcement, but what about the 5? Number of Inversions? Record is 3.

72 mph, 85 degree drop, and 5 inversions.

Edited by PocketCookie

I noticed in the third video that David was near gate 5 on giant drop, and the camera was number 5 as well, which would be the highest number of inversions on a wooden coaster. I also noticed that the 2007 edition of the guinness book of world records was on the table under the papers.

So if the numbers on the cameras are indeed the rides statistics, that would make the new ride 165 feet tall (already given) with a 180 foot drop, hitting a top speed of 72mph, with an 85 degree drop. That is really steep; if these statistics hold up to be true this is going to be one awesome coaster.

As for the Goliath name, ehh . . . to me it's questionable. I'm getting the David and Goliath reference here, and it very well may be a hint, but (going on a limb here) I'm not sure if SFGAm would use a clue related to religion just out of respect to park guests that adhere to other religions. However, Six Flags has hosted many Christian Concerts, has a Muslims Day Out, so you never know; it's something that should still be left on the table. And, there are many rides already named Goliath so there wouldn't be a hassle with trademarking and such.

I'm sure on the 29th, all the pieces to the puzzle will fit and we'll be able to point out the clues exactly.

I think Goliath is almost a for sure thing now. The rock that gets smashed in the end looks like the rock used for the text of Goliath in SFMM and SFoG, so it would surprise me on the announcement video if the text Goliath smashed through the rocks. Also in the second clip it starts at GIANT Drop, David is in BIG trouble. Goliath was a Giant man....

^^ Even if it has a religious origin, David and Goliath is a very commonly used phrase, so I don't see a problem with using it as a clue.

I noticed in the third video that David was near gate 5 on giant drop, and the camera was number 5 as well, which would be the highest number of inversions on a wooden coaster

The five could also relate to it being the fifth wood coaster in the park.

^^ Even if it has a religious origin, David and Goliath is a very commonly used phrase, so I don't see a problem with using it as a clue.

I noticed in the third video that David was near gate 5 on giant drop, and the camera was number 5 as well, which would be the highest number of inversions on a wooden coaster

The five could also relate to it being the fifth wood coaster in the park.

Maybe 5th Longest Wooden Coaster? Or 5th RMC Coaster after New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler, Outlaw Run, Medusa (Rumor), SFGAm's?

^That is an awesome picture, I just wish the train wasn't so blurry

So if all of these things are true that people are finding in the videos... this is going to seriously be the best addition at SFGAm in 14 years, maybe even of all time depending on what the coaster is like. I don't want to hop on the bandwagon in case that we got it wrong but it seems like everything lines up so perfect. I hope they don't pick Goliath for a name... anyone else heard other ideas for a possible name?

^I agree that it has the potential to be the best addition to SFGAm ever, especially if it's anything like Outlaw Run or even better. I hope it isn't Goliath either but something that's original. Goliath is becoming overused for too many different types of coasters in the SF chain.

I agree, Goliath is an over used and imo a really lame name for a wooden coaster. If my dreams came true they would name it Grizzly and have it be a park of the Yukon Territory. The reason Yukon Territory is because that section of the park has a no big attractions apart from Loggers Run. A Wooden Coaster would also fit in with the theme of Yukon Territory (Unlike County Fair, which is now just a clusterf*#k of random rides.... actually Buccaneer Battle is the only out of place themed thing I can think of....) plus from what it looks like the ride will be mostly located on the part of the park. But that is just my "How SFGAm should be" Along with Dark Knight Coaster being themed to Scooby Doo (Aimed more for the Familys, instead of Nolan's edgy batman...... sorry i'm rambling again....)

In conclusion, It should be named something else other than Goliath, but if that's the name i'm ok with it.

I also found it interested that he was at the Giant Drop... Giant among coasters has always been a tag line for the Goliath coasters in six flags. I believe its going to be Goliath as well... I just don't understand the whole journey theme? I wish they would go with Titan instead.

I also found it interested that he was at the Giant Drop... Giant among coasters has always been a tag line for the Goliath coasters in six flags. I believe its going to be Goliath as well... I just don't understand the whole journey theme? I wish they would go with Titan instead.

I think follow the journey was the referring to the journey from the original video to the official announcement. The first video said something like "will you follow the journey to the new ride for 2014?" Not exactly sure though.