TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

When there's a will there's a way. SFGAm knows what they're doing and how they'll build this coaster despise the space they have. Even if it's short, it could provide for an excellent ride. Just look at Outlaw Run. One badass ride, and only a minute long.

This sounds like a good ride. However, I read the article and, word-wise, it seems too dragged out for my liking. Although if it is a prank, wouldn't it have been on SFGAm's website or their Facebook page or something like that and NOT the Daily Herald?

Plus the last sentence:

X Flight, the American Eagle and a scenic railway for young children are among the attractions in the County Fair area where the new coaster would be constructed.

I am very confused.

This sounds like a good ride. However, I read the article and, word-wise, it seems too dragged out for my liking. Although if it is a prank, wouldn't it have been on SFGAm's website or their Facebook page or something like that and NOT the Daily Herald?

Plus the last sentence:

X Flight, the American Eagle and a scenic railway for young children are among the attractions in the County Fair area where the new coaster would be constructed.

I am very confused.

The quote about them building a wooden coaster came from the mayor of Gurnee which was then posted on the Daily Herald. I highly doubt the mayor would be in on a prank since it was reported by the Daily Herald which extends out from just the coaster world of forums and into the whole general public to see. Why would they get everyone's hopes up by falsely saying a wooden coaster (which will break records) and then build something that isn't that.

Plus the last sentence:

I am very confused.

What's confusing about that? They're just listing other rides in that area of the park.

I am very confused.

I think what they were saying is that County Fair features rides like X-Flight and American Eagle and they have the Scenic Railway for the younger ones. They don't mean X-Flight and American Eagle are for the younger ones, they mean the Scenic Railway is for the younger ones.

I don't think that's why he was confused. He probably thought that the sentence meant that the coaster would be built near X-Flight, American eagle, and the railway. It actually meant that those rides are also in the county fair section of the park, which is where the new coaster is being built.

I've probably had about 20 people text/email/message me today regarding a rumor about a new "Rocky Mountain Coaster" at Great America for 2014. So this is either a really amazing internet troll going around spreading this or the worst kept secret.

I guess we'll find out on the 29th!

--Robb

Plus the last sentence:

I am very confused.

What's confusing about that? They're just listing other rides in that area of the park.

I am very confused.

I think what they were saying is that County Fair features rides like X-Flight and American Eagle and they have the Scenic Railway for the younger ones. They don't mean X-Flight and American Eagle are for the younger ones, they mean the Scenic Railway is for the younger ones.

NONONONONOOOOO! What I meant was that I thought it said that the new coaster was being constructed where X-Flight and American Eagle were. I just misunderstood the sentence and I get it now; the coaster is being built in County Fair and NOT on Eagle/X-Flight's spot. Right now I just can't wait till the 29th...unless it's another show.

I don't think the it helps the parks efforts when the mayor of Gurnee comes out and says it's going a 165 foot tall wooden roller coaster, and it's also going to be the worlds fastest woodie. Go ahead and give away two of the records the ride is going to hold. Next time, the park should just tell the mayor what she needs to know and that's the fact the ride is 165 feet tall.

Then again, I think it would be funny if the park got the mayor in on the teaser rumors.

^^The mayor is not the one who revealed 165 ft. (which is not a record). That was in the agenda for the Gurnee Village Zoning Board. I do not think the mayor would have revealed it was the fastest woodie to the media if the park had told her to keep quiet. She even said there were some details she could not reveal, which implies what she did reveal was approved by the park. How is this not helping the park? It has built a huge buzz. There is plenty we still do not know. We were going to find all this out no later than Wednesday anyway, at the zoning board hearing, and it's before the full announcement on the 29th.

Edited by ilrider

Does anyone know that it's for sure an RMC, or is that just speculation?

Speculation with few clues if you ask me. I am surprised nobody has mentioned Intamin as a possibility too, though we have heard the rumored Eagle RMC rehab, so maybe that is where the RMC focus originated.

Does anyone know that it's for sure an RMC, or is that just speculation?

Speculation with few clues if you ask me. I am surprised nobody has mentioned Intamin as a possibility too, though we have heard the rumored Eagle RMC rehab, so maybe that is where the RMC focus originated.

As great as an RMC would be, an Intamin plug and play would be absolutely fantastic as well.

^^The mayor is not the one who revealed 165 ft. (which is not a record). That was in the agenda for the Gurnee Village Zoning Board. I do not think the mayor would have revealed it was the fastest woodie to the media if the park had told her to keep quiet. She even said there were some details she could not reveal, which implies what she did reveal was approved by the park. How is this not helping the park? It has built a huge buzz. There is plenty we still do not know. We were going to find all this out no later than Wednesday anyway, at the zoning board hearing, and it's before the full announcement on the 29th.

I don't think it's hurting the park at all, except for the person that came up with the teasers. Its kinda like knowing you're going to your own surprise party for them. SFGAm must be ecstatic about the buzz they're getting. It is going to be a great year for them.

Hint: The height is not the record I'm implying, it's the drop.

Why would the park put all the hard work into all these teaser videos, then tell the mayor it's alright to tell a newspaper about it?