TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Why would they only close the Blue side anyway?

When I went on tuesday... the red side was down. i remember it being red side because thats the side my girlfriend and i prefer to ride.

the park was really busy that day and the line was allllll the way to the entrance. people obviously did not understand how long that line was...

well considering the park was so packed i decided it a good time to ride something i never cared to and that being... Hometown Fun Machine. There was a girl being trained and I asked the trainer what was going on with the ride(i figured hes the closest id get to anyone in the loop? idk. im impulsive), he said the transfer track was down for the red side.

ill be going again next tuesday and ill report back.

I have been monitoring Gurnee's PZB and they have yet to post the agenda, minutes, or recordings from the 7th. I have a feeling we are not going to see the agenda for the 21st today. That is just a feeling however. hmmm

EDIT: Well I was wrong about this... 7th was cancelled. I gotta stop looking in all the wrong places.

Edited by BackwardsBlue

^^^Exactly! Even if they only were redoing the blue side, which would make no sense, there is no way they coild restructure it and just have the red side running with trains screaming down the course while people are working on the other track 10 feet away. The AE rumor has made no sense from the beginning, and these pictures have pretty much just disprove the idea even more.

It cracks me up how upset some people are getting that the park is "messing" with the enthusiasts .. just enjoy the game.

Of course these will be the same people who'll be upset when the new ride turns out to be a show or some kid/family thing.

Enthusiasts - where no good deed goes unpunished

Cameron.

^That's a really good point! I think it's awesome that the park goes to all the trouble to make the teaser videos. I enjoy watching them, and I enjoy reading all the rumors, even if I've been trying to disprove most of them .

I really hope SFGAm keeps making these campaigns a yearly thing, they're doing a great job!

I'd much rather have this then what Darien Lake did- no teaser, no word from the park at all, even after the park told the c8ty exactly what they're doing.

I'm not buying into the photo either. I'm not saying that RMC couldn't be involved with Eagle in the future, but that photo could be anyone wearing an RMC hoodie. Six Flags could have done that and anonymously sent it in to ScreamScape for all we know. SFGAm stated yesterday on their Twitter page that they enjoy reading our posts on websites like SFGAm World so clearly they get a kick out of the teasers so they might even set stuff up to get us talking on coaster websites.

Here's a sneak peak at next week's "Follow the Journey 2014" teaser video from SFGAm's Twitter page this morning.

BRzZifmCEAEF8cr.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.7d4d95455b66187a10efbcd936944da3.jpeg

I would love an RMC woodie more than anything and it would fit well with the atmosphere with the trees back there on that side of County Fair next to Yukon. I'm thinking a Premier launching coaster is more likely but we can hope for an RMC.

My bet is on something from RMC. They make some of the most intense coasters I've seen to date and hopefully SFGAm can get their share of RMC love! But then again, with how popular Full Throttle was, maybe we could be seeing a new Premier launch coaster built for SFGAm? I won't expect a clone, but maybe something longer and better. Just 13 days left!

Alright, here's my take after reading the last 30 pages of this thread and checking other things. Side note, this is my first post on TPR, but have been reading the forums for who knows how many years... I followed SFGAm construction progress on here religiously in 2012, same with Cedar Point in 2013, it's good to finally join

I'll go ahead and say with confidence that it's very unlikely that it's a RMC job, it seems like Screamscape or whoever posted those pictures or started the rumors is getting the best of people, and the hoodie pictures are most likely fake judging by the digging that's been done on those hoodies. I'd believe that the reason Eagle Blue Side is closing on the 26th of August (Coincidental date with their announcement? yes, but Viper also stops being backwards on the same date-- so anyways...) is for the backwards transition for the blue side, not because only one side of the coaster is getting an RMC treatment it doesn't need at all... So perhaps they're advertising to mess with us or really just to say get your last ride in on the blue side while it's forwards.

So much Yolocoaster talk, the full throttle can in that video, 165 ft, Guinness World Records, the very narrow Iron Wolf plot of land...

they're seeming to add up. That type of coaster layout isn't too far from ideal for the space.

It would kind of disappoint me in the originality sense to get a similar ride to Full Throttle but with a 165ft loop... after having such a downright awesome, original coaster, X Flight, for the first time since 1999. Yes, every coaster we've gotten since Raging Bull has been a copy of another one. Dislike button

So essay aside, I could see a Premier Launched Coaster coming our way, Six Flags seems to have been favoring Premier in some recent years with the Superman coaster at SFMW and Yolocoaster at SFMM.

Lastly... does anyone have an actual source for the fate of Ragin Cajun? I never was a fan of the ride nor did I waste much time waiting for it, but one less coaster means more people in other lines. I don't really believe that it's going to go, it takes up roughly... no space and really doesn't have anything negative about it.

Edited by thedirtyspaniard

Sorry to double post but we have some big news. The roller coaster will be 165 ft tall and will be located in former spot of Iron Wolf in County Fair. More details are on the Village of Gurnee's official website for the board meeting scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Click here.

Well this is an unexpectedly nice development. You can't really go wrong with either of the two manufacturers (Premier & RMC) being thrown around in early speculation, and it looks as if American Eagle is kindly being left alone- as it should be.

Makes sense for Six Flags. Coaster won't open until late June if it's true.

Unless there is major downtime with the launch (if it's a Premier) then I can see it being delayed. But Great America is probably the best park in the chain with opening rides opening weekend or in the first week of park opening.

Makes sense for Six Flags. Coaster won't open until late June if it's true.

Unless there is major downtime with the launch (if it's a Premier) then I can see it being delayed. But Great America is probably the best park in the chain with opening rides opening weekend or in the first week of park opening.

They are the best by far. They bring on the best crews when constructing rides and almost always finish in time. Unless there is a problem with the ride itself after they build it, I don't see this being delayed.

I'm just dreaming here. Now if Premier Rides is really the manufacturer here, I have an idea for possibly one of the most insane looking coasters ever. What if Six Flags decided to combine Superman Ultimate Flight and Full Throttle? Here is my wacky design:

The ride starts out like Superman and launches at around 60-70 mph straight up a spike. Once at the top it slowly goes through a heartline roll and then goes into the non inverting loop. After the loop, instead of going back to the station, the ride continues off to the side of the Superman-part. The ride goes through a right turn and stops in a station, facing the backside of the Superman-part. The ride suddenly launches right underneath the Superman-part and goes up into a 160-foot tall loop right above the riders going through the heartline roll. After coming out of the loop the riders take a left turn and speed right through the inside of the non-inverting loop. The riders drop and go through a right turn into the station.

Sorry if my description was confusing. If I had No Limits or something I'd create a model lol.