TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

This may have been mentioned, but is there a scheduled announcement date? I would be really shocked if GA installed a second new roller coaster in three years. However, I'd gladly take it. Considering the park didn't get a major installation for nine years before X-Flight (I don't consider BTDK a major installation), I would really like to see this more aggressive capital investment.

There is a zone board meeting on the 21st (SFGAM has to get anything above 125ft approved by Gurnee) but it's supposed to announced along with all other Six Flags additions on August 29th.

^That's what I always assumed. The actual restriction states that the Village of Gurnee has to approve anything over 125 feet, and can build nothing taller than Sky Trek Tower (330 feet).

Which means a Giga is possible in the future! Yay!

Looking at Google Maps, Southwest Amphitheater is in a strange place to be removed to be of any addition to the current Eagle layout if that's what's being worked on, and I can't see them dramatically changing American Eagle, by all means the structural landmark of SFGAm...

What about a roller coaster (preferably RMC) that duels with both sides of American Eagle? That would explain why they would gut that area by the ampitheater in proximity to Giant Drop, and at the same time why they would be surveying over by Eagle? And they would close the blue side as a matter of safety to begin construction while being able to leave the red side open depending on where they are doing the construction.

Or is that too high-concept for Six Flags?

You know, I remember when everyone was calling BS on all the Banshee rumors.

There are two coaster enthusiast up by Chicago who claim to know what the plans are for 2014. I'm going to assume it's one of them. I'm going to refrain from posting their facebook page, because I hate to ruin all their fun!

Edited by ZeroGravity55

If you check out RMC's Facebook page, they have a photo of that exact hoodie in the Screamscape photos and tell you how anyone can order one. The photo seems to me to be a fake made by an enthusiast who ordered the hoodie and took the pictures to mess with everyone, and it explains why he's only in the queue line.

Here is the photo from the RMC Facebook page- the hoodie in the Screamscape photo is clearly the exact hoodie RMC offers for sale:

IMG_37090511905854.thumb.jpeg.0a403bab9442635d8c7b18beeebaacf6.jpeg

Rocky Mountain Construction hoodie

EDIT- Just have to add- the nerd in me really wants to order that RMC beanie!

Edited by DanM64

I'm going to go to the park tomorrow and write Intamin on my face with a sharpie so Screamscape will think I'm an Intamin engineer.

Seriously, that picture is so fake and I really think anything regarding Eagle is red herring. None of the clues in the videos relate to anything with Eagle and there is more evidence against it. I will be thoroughly shocked if any 2014 plans have to do with Eagle.

Well I havnt heard officially any last ride events for eagle from any supervisors or even leads... Also if it was a last ride event on eagle it would be within the whole rides department, not just the eagle crew. And also the flier should read American eagle crew, not team members.. But if any of this is true ill let yall know what i can.

^ I agree. Lance just reports, whether it is a rumor (strong or weak), speculation, or confirmation. And I appreciate him for it. I mean hell, the speculation, no matter how crazy, is part of the fun of being an enthusiast to me! I love seeing what people guess. But thats just my opinion. I know a lot of enthusiasts dont like the speculation, and prefer the rock hard evidence. To each their own.