TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I worked in the park and I have not seen a ride party for just a certain crew, also everything that was along these lines were always posted backstage or handed out by managers. Granted that was about 5 years ago, things might have changed. I have a feeling that this is something to mess with us, knowing there are huge rollercoaster geeks out there SEARCHING for these things. I just do not feel like a RMC is in site for us. I am also still really iffy about Ragin' Cajun being ripped out, it anchors mardi gras. We already have one hole we do not need another one and then on stop of that half of a ride down and probably some days a full ride down.

Really, I just do not want to see IgNight come back next year.

Next teaser is up!

Hank Salemi (park president) is drinking a "Full Throttle" energy drink and the folders say Guinness World Record. Could we breaking the largest loop that Full Throttle set this year?

EDIT: I guess you can't put "F ull Throttle" on here without it correcting it to "YOLOcoaster". Funny...

Hank Salemi (park president) is drinking a "YOLOcoaster" energy drink and the folders say Guinness World Record. Could we breaking the largest loop that YOLOcoaster set this year?

EDIT: I guess you can't put "F ull Throttle" on here without it correcting it to "YOLOcoaster". Funny...

Why would SFMM build Full Throttle with the record breaking loop only to have a larger one built at SFGAm a year later?

^^I think you're probably right. I also believe the YOLOcoaster stuff was to throw enthusiasts off. I'm willing to bet on a Sky Screamer.

But that wouldn't relate to anything record breaking? SFGAm can't built above 310 ft or taller than Sky Treck Tower. The Texas Sky Screamer is 400ft tall, so which record would they break?

Also, they did throw the Guinness book of world records in there. And (correct me if I'm wrong) don't they only feature the tallest, fastest, longest, and maybe most inversions roller coaster records ..? I don't think you will be seeing the tallest inversion like gatekeeper or full throttle in there..

Again, I haven't checked out one of those books in a long time so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

^^I think you're probably right. I also believe the YOLOcoaster stuff was to throw enthusiasts off. I'm willing to bet on a Sky Screamer.

But that wouldn't relate to anything record breaking? SFGAm can't built above 310 ft or taller than Sky Treck Tower. The Texas Sky Screamer is 400ft tall, so which record would they break?

I think the book was also a "red herring." I just can't see there being any room for a record breaking coaster, not to mention the height restriction.

^ I don't think so, I don't think they would make the Guinness book logo so prominent in the video if the ride wasn't breaking some record. To show all that and then not have it break some record would just be setting people up to be dissapointed, I think they'd be smarter than that. Especially after the reaction to the IgNight announcement.

^That's a good point. I *hope* it's there because both sides of Eagle are getting the RMC makeover, but I'm doubtful because that would be really expensive. I still feel that doing only one side would seem sort of pointless to me.

They probably could squeeze in a Full Throttle type using the Iron Wolf station and running out into Southwest Territory and back- especially if they take the Theater out- that would be a pretty long coaster! The only record I could see it breaking would be to take the tallest loop away from Full Throttle. As already mentioned, the tallest coaster/largest drop are impossible with the 330 foot height restriction.

Can they propose to surpass the height restriction for a single ride, or are they too close to an airport? The zoning committee seems to lean in favor of SFGAm frequently, so if it were possible, they could probably get the permission. Thoughts?

This may have been mentioned, but is there a scheduled announcement date? I would be really shocked if GA installed a second new roller coaster in three years. However, I'd gladly take it. Considering the park didn't get a major installation for nine years before X-Flight (I don't consider BTDK a major installation), I would really like to see this more aggressive capital investment.