TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

I'm one of the people that would hate see Raging Cajun to go. I remember opening year I waited through the whole queue to ride it (around 2 hours, not even joking, I was 9 at the time). I only ride it now if half of a switchback is full, usually in the early morning. I feel like it fits nicely where it is now and the theming is really nice. I like it better than Dark Knight too, it's more intense and unlike Dark Knight, it's worth a 10 minute wait.

But to be honest, if there was a ride that had to leave SFGAm. Raging Cajun would be one of my first. It's a clone that many parks have, it just happens to be a clone I enjoy a lot.

^ I hope they do not decide to remove Whizzer anytime in the near future. I would not be happy at all, and neither would most people. Remember when they were going to remove it for Superman, but thanks to such a public outcry SFGAm decided to keep it and remove Shockwave instead?

I hope they do not decide to remove Whizzer anytime in the near future. I would not be happy at all, and neither would most people. Remember when they were going to remove it for Superman, but thanks to some problematic maintenance issues on Shockwave they removed Shockwave instead?

Fixed.

^ I hope they do not decide to remove Whizzer anytime in the near future. I would not be happy at all, and neither would most people. Remember when they were going to remove it for Superman, but thanks to such a public outcry SFGAm decided to keep it and remove Shockwave instead?

I think that was a mix of public outcry and if I remember correctly, Shockwave had a bit of a "blow out" so they removed Shockwave instead of Whizzer last minute. Shockwave had a lot of problems throughout its lifetime.

EDIT: I didn't see the "fixed" quote post about this until after I replied.

I think that was a mix of public outcry and if I remember correctly, Shockwave had a bit of a "blow out" so they removed Shockwave instead of Whizzer last minute. Shockwave had a lot of problems throughout its lifetime.

Yes, Shockwave had seen its better days, and was on its way out anyway, but the decision to remove it over Whizzer ultimately came from response they recieved from the public over being extrememely displeased with the thought of losing Whizzer.

Anyone else think the ride might look ugly with this treatment? I mean, one side with wood track and the other steel with crazy twists and drops. If I had the decision I would redo both sides, all-or-nothing kind of deal. Not to mention that all the current Iron-Horse rides have 24 passenger trains and Eagle has 30 passenger trains, which means this could affect capacity :/

Another thought, maybe they are closing the blue side to get everything started and have the red side run backwards, and when that ends they will close the red side and go into a full RMC treatment, which would be awesome! Kind of expensive, though...

You brought up an interesting point. They could just redo the blue side this off season which is why it looks like it's closing early and then redo the red side starting next year which would open in 2015. They could also pair this up with a flat ride of some kind (a SkyScreamer for example) if they're doing just one side.

A party for only the American Eagle crew? They're going to have a party for six people? I put very little credibility in this. The park knows the rumors going around, I really think this is just someone messing with us.

There are only six people who work on American Eagle all year? I would think there would be more than that in case someone took a day off, was sick, etc.

I agree though, that thing could just be something a guy created in Word and printed off. It would only take a few minutes to do so.

^ There are a lot more than 6 people...OBVIOUSLY.

^^ So that's it eh? 100% that blue is being redone cause of this flyer? I work in graphics, makes me want to make up a phony flyer about something and just tape it up somewhere and see if someone notices it! Then it will end up on Screamscape so it MUST be true! lol

Yay.... uh... Where did you find that? Give anyone about 10 minutes and a computer and you could have yourself one of those.

The photo was taken by Michael Pompa (B&MGuy35) who was at the park today was posting photos while he was at the park.

Yay.... uh... Where did you find that? Give anyone about 10 minutes and a computer and you could have yourself one of those.

If they were having a ride night for employees, its not like you'd need to spend a bunch of time making some graphics intensive flyer. Something simple like that is all they'd need. The odd thing is if there is such a thing it wouldn't be posted out in the open like that. I just read on another site something about 3-4 of those posted around the station. If thats true thats REALLY suspect! I'm sure someone besides me is getting a big laugh out of this!

I'm not buying it for a few reasons. All SFGAm employees enter through 1 security checkpoint. They have a bulletin board at the checkpoint where they post employee ERT info backstage near the railroad crossing behind where Iron Wolf was,, so there's no reason it would be posted out in the open like that. Secondly, the park has "sections"- North, South, East, and West which all contain their own supervisors. They offer ERT on foasters to a specific section, or they would offer it to all employees, I've never heard of them offering it to just one coaster "team", and the park calls them a "crew", not a team.

I'm not ruling out that AE gets an RMC treatment, I just don't think that sign is legit, in my opinion. I sure hope I'm wrong though!

Edited by DanM64

I personally feel like the RMC refurb of AE is very weak. I expect it least of all the rumors. I think a completely new RMC (think Outlaw Run) would be more feesible than an AE makeover. Just my opinion though.