TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

^^ I know you were joking (yes, like SFGAm actually made a video hinting at the journey of Ragin Cajun leaving ). No I just don't want Ragin Cajun to leave, although that's still the most likely coaster at SFGAm to leave if there a coaster was leaving.

Also does anyone know the status of the Orbit now, or if it's at least open?

A reader sends in a picture showing off several survey flags in the ground by the Southwest Amphitheater and reports more seen along the road while riding American Eagle. They believe they run from behind Demon over to the Giant Drop area which would match up with the rumors of an RMC I-Box conversion of one side of American Eagle.

This just sounds like a strange idea

Now Six Flags is building 150 ft tall coasters on their side. As I said, the residents that lived in the houses before or during the early years of the park have the right to complain. Anyone after 1985ish has no right to complain.

It isn't like it is just now that Six Flags started building 150ft tall coasters on that side. Shockwave was built 25 years ago, so it's at least been since then that big thrill rides were over there.

As for them not having enough space, you can always construct around what you've got very easily. A coaster only really takes up the space for footers - you could put all the other track above buildings and whatnot. They could probably build 10 more coasters in Southwest Territory alone if they wanted to.

As for them not having enough space, you can always construct around what you've got very easily. A coaster only really takes up the space for footers - you could put all the other track above buildings and whatnot. They could probably build 10 more coasters in Southwest Territory alone if they wanted to.

They also take up that space needed for a station, queue and transfer track, which can be a large area.

I'm of the thought that any park can build anything they want... with enough money and "outside the box" thinking:

Here, you see Tig'ger built entirely on top of a restaurant. And that was years before Hurricane and Cornball were even a thought:

Unfortunately for us coaster nerds, Six Flags and Cedar Fair usually opt for the "just enough" design with sometimes lackluster and wasted endings (Leviathan, Gatekeeper, Full Throttle...) Let's not forget the visual nothingness I-305 was built on. I wonder if the new Kings Island coaster will be full of "really cool" trenches, tunnels, caves, (OzIris, bluefire) etc.? Probably not

Take for example what Holiday World did with the ending of Voyage. It flys past the queue, over and under everything, and really puts on a show. That is a "world class design." The other new stuff, not so much world class.

If SFGAm does indeed remake half of American Eagle with steel track, why would the video say, "Follow the Journey" then? I don't think 1/2 of American Eagle has anything to do with following a journey and rocks.

I have a weird feeling now with the survey flags that SFGAm is building something in the Southwest Territories section - maybe a dark ride that was talked about earlier or a mine train (well at least I would like a mine train, I don't know about anyone else) or something themed. Plus, if 1/2 of American Eagle goes steel, then why are there flags by the Southwest Ampitheater? Unless it's just getting removed and they are planning for a 2015 project there.

I think it's hinting at more advertising, but this time it'll be embedded in the dirt and pathways.

Six Flags St. Louis had advertising printed on the line painted on the pavement that marked the smoking area. (I'm actually not joking - it was pretty gross).

Cameron.

American eagle getting screwed with even if its a kickass renovation doesn't sit with me well for one that'll most likely kill the publics interest in the other side or bring interest just because there's something new to see. The removal of the theater is certainly a good idea to clear that dead spot, not to mention I've never seen it have a show in the last ten times I've been there. I think they'll add something to southwest territory when was the last addition Raging Bull ? A small flat? Shows?

^^ Wow since 2007?! Yeah it definitely needs to go then! That would clear out so much space! They could have an awesome coaster addition using IW old site and the theater! A nice launced coaster would be pretty awesome for the park too!

What about the Wilderness theater back in the Picnic grove? In all the times I've been to the park since 2000, I have never once seen that theater being used. It's close proximity to the Iron Wolf site makes it a great candidate for demolition, if you ask me. You could then, easily, fit a launched premier coaster back there, whether its something like Sky Rocket, or even Full Throttle, it would be a great addition to Great America.

I would not like it if they somehow redid American Eagle. The ride is a Great America classic and IMO is fine just the way it is.

I always thought the amphitheater in Southwest Territory was a huge waste of space and you could easily fit another big ride in that spot or a few flat rldes.