TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

When I worked at SFGAm, we would only close down the ride depending on how bad the protein spill was. Most of the time we'd clean and spray then let it cycle. Then again this was many moons ago under a completely different management.

And probably OSHA guidelines too. And infectious diseases knowledge.

We're a bunch of pansies here.

OSHA should have shut down Chubasco after the great hotdog incident that I witnessed.

I looked on the Six Flags Great America facebook page and that picture is nowhere to be found...

It wasn't posted on their Facebook.

I expect this to be true. It's been a rumor for some time that after Batman backwards is over we'll see both AE Blue and Viper run backwards, but not at the same time. One will probably be for Fright Fest.

I looked on the Six Flags Great America facebook page and that picture is nowhere to be found...

I expect this to be true. It's been a rumor for some time that after Batman backwards is over we'll see both AE Blue and Viper run backwards, but not at the same time. One will probably be for Fright Fest.

I would guess Viper will run backwards from mid July to mid September and then AE will run backwards for Fright Fest.

What years has AE run backwards before?

I rode Batman three times it's opening day. I don't recall any lights, and I went right after school so it was dark by the last two rides (the line was over two hours long the first run through).

The lights were only on the very last row, so you wouldn't have seen them while on the ride...

Found a picture where you can see the battery pack "remains" on the link bar. I circled the battery pack in red and put it below. Here is the original pic on this site for comparison:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/dells2005/sfgam/sfgam40.jpg

I wish I had got an actual picture of it.

sfgam40circled.jpg.b63fe5fbe1667cbdae62dbfe266c818f.jpg

Here is the battery pack on the train that powered the LED lights on the last row.

May I ask where it was posted then?

SF Great America is going to be on NBC 5 here in Chicago... in a few minutes. It can't be good, it's something about "safety.. you need to know." These things tend to be silly and unneeded, we'll see.

(UPDATE - it was about the park not being competent with injuries and calling 911 when they need to. They had some former employees (current employees anonymously contributed as well) talking about how the park cares more about their image and doesn't want people to see emergency vehicles in/around the park. The park says they are competent, did reviews, and are not interested in commenting any further.)

I would guess Viper will run backwards from mid July to mid September and then AE will run backwards for Fright Fest.

What years has AE run backwards before?

AE ran backwards for fright fest in 2002

The lights were only on the very last row, so you wouldn't have seen them while on the ride...

I didn't say I never saw them while I was on the ride. I never remember seeing them at all.

Not saying they didn't exist, but that day stands out pretty well in my memory banks, and I don't recall that little detail at all.

My guess is the image was leaked and shared around the interwebz before appearing on Facebook. The park hasn't made it public yet, so at this point, it's just a rumor.

Its only a matter of time before SFGAm runs everything else backwards. Maybe they'll even require people to walk around the park backwards eventually too

Superman is also running one train and Raging Bull 2. XFlight was 45 minutes, Batman 25, Superman 60+, and Bull about 35 minutes on Sunday.

Seems to me that the park should focus on getting the rides running correctly *forwards* before they start with more backwards nonsense. I was planning to go tomorrow with about 4 other people, all of whom were planning to get season passes - but with this news we've decided to go do something else instead.

Really bummed to see the park in such shambles this season.

At least all the in-park advertising is working!

I didn't say I never saw them while I was on the ride. I never remember seeing them at all.

Not saying they didn't exist, but that day stands out pretty well in my memory banks, and I don't recall that little detail at all.

No problem. It was an absolutely tiny detail, and I have no knowledge if they were on the first day... just that they definitely were there, as I hope people can trust with that battery picture is true

Superman is also running one train and Raging Bull 2. XFlight was 45 minutes, Batman 25, Superman 60+, and Bull about 35 minutes on Sunday.

Seems to me that the park should focus on getting the rides running correctly *forwards* before they start with more backwards nonsense. I was planning to go tomorrow with about 4 other people, all of whom were planning to get season passes - but with this news we've decided to go do something else instead.

I hate to hear the park is in shambles right now, but I'm staying optimistic and going to say its still very early in the season, and by the time June rolls around everything will be up to par. Its been so long since I've been to SFGAm, but it is still my favorite one in the chain, so I hope this is just early season hick ups.

Lol!! I couldn't agree more. I don't understand how they have so many rides that aren't ready.