TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Not sure when this happened, but X Flight now has music on it's lift hill and has plane take off sound effects in it's queue. Batman also had new pop-rockish music really blasting in it's station.

And best of all, at no point in the day did I hear move it move it playing. Just the normal queue music and original park music.

A little birdie told me that SFGAm will be going a little loco in 2013...

Let's hope that it was just a little bird, or you were hallucinating- not someone who is familiar with SFGAm's expansion plans.

X Flight now has music on it's lift hill and has plane take off sound effects in it's queue.

I noticed this too, last weekend (When Shawn was in town) and really loved it (I think they have the speakers on the brake-run too). Really effective, and personally I prefer it over speakers on the actual trains (possibly it'll be easier to maintain?). When I first heard the jet sounds in the queue, I thought it was some NATO F16s flying overhead

In other news, Whizzer turns 36 today!

552855_10150886569487900_1463689839_n.jpg.a24f3a9132028e1591f13302ede75769.jpg

^I think my family's old photos of the first year of California's Great America are long gone--but I imagine they look just like yours (I think the parks were pretty much mirror images back then).

^I think my family's old photos of the first year of California's Great America are long gone--but I imagine they look just like yours (I think the parks were pretty much mirror images back then).

Minor differences, Chuck. But yeah. Pretty close.

Next time I'm over there (Saturday), I'll see if I get enough time to dig them out again.

What have the operations been like? Is there much stacking?

Right now, Xflight is the most efficient running coaster in the park. All the seats work and the 2 across cuts down on empties. There is slight stacking. The second train will sit for 10-15 seconds before pulling into the station. I'd say it's getting more people through right now than either Superman or Raging Bull. Superman already has 4 seats down between the 2 trains and Raging Bull is only running 2 trains. I've been rather impressed with operations at Xflight.

The park will be hosting a Mardi Gras event on June 23 and 24 with parades, foods, fireworks and music, all the standard stuff. However, it will also have something I've personally never seen before. They will be turning the bumper cars into a bar.

"Brew" Le Dodge

The Rue Le Dodge Bumper Car arena in Orleans Place will be transformed into our very own dueling piano bar. Authentic drinks from New Orleans including Hurricanes as well as bottled beer will be available for purchase (Must be 21 years of age with valid identification to enter).

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAmerica/events/2012MardiGras.aspx

Also, Polish day is tomorrow.

Also, Polish day is tomorrow.

And this is why I love SFGAm. Proud of my Polish heritage, and I'll be visiting tomorrow.

Having grown up in about as Polish a household you can imagine, I will be avoiding this as if my life depended on it. I think that by the age of 6, I had already exceeded the maximum lifetime dosage of Polishness recommended by the FDA.

Got my cousin to go on all the rides! Before, he HATED coasters. Now, he's hooked on them. Our photo on Raging Bull...

I think that we should get a launch coaster to take place of Iron Wolf

A launched coaster would be great. Hopefully an Intamin, but most likely a premier.

I was thinking something like this:

iSpeed is a very compact coaster and something like it would be great in Iron Wolfs + The Wilderness theater's spot. iSpeed itself could almost fit if the layout was mirrored. But something similar to Xcelerator would still kick ass.

If Great America went with a launched coaster, it would most likely be a Mack.

Is this based on the vast and storied history Six Flags has with Mack (3 Mouse in a box coasters in the entire chain), or is this another case of someone stumbling upon pictures of Blue Fire on rcdb and adding it to the top of a wish list? Not trying to be snarky or anything, I've just noticed the latter is a pretty common occurrence (despite reviews here and there that perhaps it looks more thrilling than it rides).

If Great America went with a launched coaster, it would most likely be a Mack.

Is this based on the vast and storied history Six Flags has with Mack (3 Mouse in a box coasters in the entire chain), or is this another case of someone stumbling upon pictures of Blue Fire on rcdb and adding it to the top of a wish list? Not trying to be snarky or anything, I've just noticed the latter is a pretty common occurrence (despite reviews here and there that perhaps it looks more thrilling than it rides).

I'm hoping for a Blue Fire clone where Iron Wolf was.

Is there supposed to be a rumor or is this a wish? SFGA isnt getting anything, anytime soon. Six Flags doesnt really spend money on other parks BESIDES SFMM & SFGAdventure. Look how long it took to get a coaster at Great America and it isnt really a biggie. X flight is small.