TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/dscn1715_800x600.jpg

^from the looks of this picture (I have never been to SFGAm) why would they need to change the course of the train at all? It should just go straight then still make the large turn after the X-Flights station. It does look like the transfer shed has been notched in accordingly for the trains clearance.

^ Train course is not changing. It will go under X-Flight's transfer tracks, etc. They are literally relaying the tracks as they were before construction began. It's easier to remove them, and then relay them, then to have all that equipment drive over them.

That looks awesome. Hope my work travels take me back to Chicago this year!!!

It is a stunning coaster to see in person. The placement right on the midway is perfect. Can't wait to ride it this weekend.

It does look really beautiful right there by the midway. And the POV makes it seem FAST. Should be a great addition to the park, maybe I'll be able to get there after Lollapalooza in August.

It does look really beautiful right there by the midway. And the POV makes it seem FAST. Should be a great addition to the park, maybe I'll be able to get there after Lollapalooza in August.

It looked a lot slower going through the inversions while testing yesterday than on the POV, but it might just be a matter of perspective.

I am quite familiar with this park's layout; however, I am a tad confused as to where they put this. I had thought it was going where IW used to be;; however, the shot of GAE's lift hill seems to debunk that theory...

It's located where the antique cars and Splashwater Falls used to be across from Buccaneer Battle.

It looked a lot slower going through the inversions while testing yesterday than on the POV, but it might just be a matter of perspective.

Also keep in mind the difference in speed through certain elements based on which row you're sitting in/watching.

Sorry to pause the X-Flight talk for a minute, but I have a question about Hurricane Harbor and one about food.

Last year when I went to a waterpark for the first time in about 5 years, my feet got blistered within just a few minutes from going back and forth from cool water to hot concrete. I decided this year I need to wear water shoes. However, I know they are not allowed on the slides. Do the slides here have cubbies at the entrance to put water shoes in?

Also, how much does a milkshake and a burger with fries usually run you at Johnny Rockets? Around $20?

Sorry to pause the X-Flight talk for a minute, but I have a question about Hurricane Harbor and one about food.

Last year when I went to a waterpark for the first time in about 5 years, my feet got blistered within just a few minutes from going back and forth from cool water to hot concrete. I decided this year I need to wear water shoes. However, I know they are not allowed on the slides. Do the slides here have cubbies at the entrance to put water shoes in?

Also, how much does a milkshake and a burger with fries usually run you at Johnny Rockets? Around $20?

There are no cubbies at any of the water rides. I am almost certain that they will let you hold your shoes, but I would ask first at the beginning of the park.

As for Johnny Rockets, it might be one of the most expensives places in the park. Its good food, but not worth the really high prices. I would picnic in the parking lot

X-Flight is one amazingly looking B&M coaster. The red and black paint looks spectacular. I'm wondering why the support in the middle of the heartline roll has black and yellow stripes on it?

X-Flight is one amazingly looking B&M coaster. The red and black paint looks spectacular. I'm wondering why the support in the middle of the heartline roll has black and yellow stripes on it?

That's just an effect to show the clearance. It's like that on Raptor in Gardaland too....

Photo Credit: Here

Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson! If you look closely, it's surrounding the opening to the keyhole element as well. I like it.