TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Red train, black train. Neat!

Although, I still don't understand now they can be referred to as...sexual.

Wait until they're flying through that "keyhole." Can't get much more suggestive than that.

Red train, black train. Neat!

Although, I still don't understand now they can be referred to as...sexual.

Wait until they're flying through that "keyhole." Can't get much more suggestive than that.

All these kind of posts showing up NEXT to your avatar is, well, it's disturbing! LOL!!!!

Looks really cool. I think I like the look of it more than Wild Eagle, and I really like the Eagle theme!

I personally am a loyal Dollywood fan, but I must admit, these covers do look better. Even though these have a very simple design, they do look very awesome.

The only theming letdown for me on Wild Eagle is the generic looking eagle covers. I was expecting much more detail and a more "realistic" look to them.

I have to give Six Flags credit on this one.

I get the impression that these covers ought to improve X-Flight's position in Mitch's poll no less than 5 spots. One of the train's on SFGAm's Batman has been operating without it's covers for what seems like years, so anyone looking at the current poll should take that into account.

I had no idea that these wing rider rides had weight restrictions. SFAMs twitter states that max height is 6'6 and max weight is 290lbs.

@SFGreat_America

"Max height is 6'6," Max weight will be 290lbs. Yes, we will have a test seat in front of the entrance."

So how will they enforce the weight. Have you step on a scale at the entrance? Prob will be a sensor in the wing itself that will notify operator if weight is too much on that wing and they will have to move around riders on that side of train to fall within the limit......... Hmmm ACErs?

Though the specific wording suggests otherwise I think it's more of a guideline to guests saying if you are above 290 don't expect to fit. Though it's different for everyone I can personally say that 290 as the suggested weight is fairly accurate

Has the webcam been removed? b/c when I go to the SFGAm page it's not there, only the ride animation video is on the page.

You can see it here: http://sfgamworld.com/section.php?page=XFlightCam

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there has been some talk floating around that East River Crawler has a maintenance issue and that it won't reopen until late in the season or possibly 2013. Porky's Buzzy Bees from the old kids area (which did actually first open in Yankee Harbor) will supposedly take it's spot. Read about it here or here.