TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Yeah, quite honestly, I think some of you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Lots of hangars are temporary in nature, so this structure is fine by me.

Nah, I'm just critiquing a design choice. I'll still ride the thing and love it nonetheless!

Based on my Wild Eagle experience last weekend, I think it'll be a lot of fun--especially with the proposed "keyhole" element. It is going to be tough to top Wild Eagle in terms of location, though.

I'm watching the Webcame closely and I feel like they are about to test it any minute..

Looks like they're going to start with small movements (i.e., moving the train from the station back to the brake run) first before they do a full circuit test.

The park also mentioned on Twitter that the trains will have the covers shown in the concept art.

Lots of coasters have their main control elevated above the track. Kingda Ka, X2, and SheiKra all have consoles like this.

But it's odd!

And disturbing!

Yet it makes sense.

I actually really like the trains without the covers. Regardless of how this ride turns out once it opens, there is no denying that these things are some of the most photogenic coasters out there, especially in the long, drawn out rolls. Just gorgeous.