TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Hmm, pretty interesting to see everything on a map. If it does turn out to be accurate, it looks like the exit walkway will give some nice shots of the coaster. Also cool to see the hangar and keyhole element so close to the entrance!

I hope everything is accurate. If it is this is going to be an amazing coastrer

This has me even more excited for 2012.

- X Flight opening before expected and having new effects not originally promoted is fantastic to hear, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the theming complete.

- Expanded Fright Fest into Roaring Rapids and HH is great as I love the event and both could bring great new experiences

2012 seems like it will be a great year for the park, and it's nice to see them expanding and making changes besides X Flight.

Q&A from NCC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YG-xDPi4sM

Highlights from the Q&A

- An exit from Hurricane Harbor to the parking lot has been considered many times and may be implemented

- A new program or promotion to help educate guests about options for young kids outside of the kiddie areas will be implemented

- They really want to bring in a food pass, and will probably be in place for the 2012 season

- Massacre Medical Center did very well for the park and they plan to build off of the success of it, as well as using new areas to spread out crowds

- New coaster blueprints will be sold next year!

- Flash Pass procedures will have some alterations, seems like the current system on Viper has been giving them some trouble

It looks like the queue line goes literally through the lower portion of the keyhole element/control tower, if I'm seeing that right. That would be quite the thrill while waiting in line, if the train is going to fly right over people's heads while inverting! Also see it does it soon after entering the queue. Nice!

Do we know (did anyone ask directly at the event) if the old fashioned cars are truly gone? I know the track was torn up some time ago, but it did seem odd that they had them parked on the remaining track up until the close of this season. I've read that they were going to be distributed around other parks that still have those cars, but part of me hopes that they might try to find somewhere to put them.

While I'm asking that question, here is a few more:

1) Are the cars gone, for sure?

2) Is the old carousel (that was in the back of the park, where Revolution now sits) still in storage at the park?

3) Anyone have a recent picture of the Iron Wolf area (I know the park has been closed, obviously, just curious if any current/prospective employees may have been in that area by the employee lot recently)?

4) Related to 3, is the station still standing?

5) Have there been any rumors to a Sky Scream ride for the park in 2013? Had a former co-worker who mentioned this randomly to me recently.

Thanks!

I don't have answers to them all but..

1. The cars are gone. Off the site, stations gone, in the ride graveyard, their dead.

4. Considering their past history with removing rides, everything but the ride will probably be standing.

5. I haven't heard any Sky Screamer rumors, I think that was more of a guess then a true rumor. I've heard rumors about 2013, but neither include Sky Screamer.

I only know the answers to 1 and 5

1) the cars are gone!!

5) There has been lots of rumors about a sky scream but nothing for sure and there has also been rumors about an intamin zac spin and a euro fighter in that area as well. Agean these are all rumors nothing is true just yet ! But i think we should enjoy this year before we start thinking about next year!!

I find it frightening that some of you are making assumptions on the layout of the ride and queues off the annual cartoon map.

I wasn't assuming it will look exactly that way because it's just a cartoon, but I liked the idea of the way the queue winds around under the coaster, was all I was saying. I think it's very possible some of it will come to fruition, though. Willing to eat crow if it does?